Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:13 PM

Hello my husband was arrested march 3,2013 on his 3rd dwi with an assault aswell non violent, parole violation, he was sentence to 3 years concurrent, went before parole board got denied with a year setoff, hes been in fot 15 months now can you calculate how much time he will do before hes released, thx u.

Last edited by AEDWARDS73; 06-10-2014 at 01:14 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merina2727 View Post
Hey there I'm kinda in the same boat and was wondering if he ever got the credit back? I was reading something that they can submit for an emergency restoration but that it had to be 60 days from out date. Please let me know if you've have gotten any answers.... thanks and best of luck.
Kick it up to his supervisor. Don't know what sate you are from but yes, called the Ombudsman also. Call a Captain in that institution. Just keep calling until you get the right person to help you out.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anesarose13 View Post
Kick it up to his supervisor. Don't know what sate you are from but yes, called the Ombudsman also. Call a Captain in that institution. Just keep calling until you get the right person to help you out.
Sorry, just realized you are from Cali. Okay, he is most likely a CC I who brush your hubby off, so call the CC II, if no results call the CC III. You should get some results.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:46 AM

Has anybody one hears of serving 33% percent of sentence? My man got to NKSP about a week ago and he sent me a letter saying that with him the 33% is qualified. He was sentence to 2 years with half back in June but been in jail since March 31
Old 10-06-2016, 03:08 AM

Default I am so new!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Hi! I can't answer your question exactly...if he's state, there will be good time etc. If he's federal, it will be 85 % of his sentence. Period. I'm glad you've found us. Keep reading and posting, we're here for you. Welcome to PTO.
Ok my hubby has never been in jail or arrested but he had a domestic fight with his ex wife two years ago and fought it but lost he took a deal of 3 years at 50% time..? What exactly does that look like he went in in June and already saw a counselor now just waiting to be transferred any thing would help please
Old 10-06-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvfaith33 View Post
Ok my hubby has never been in jail or arrested but he had a domestic fight with his ex wife two years ago and fought it but lost he took a deal of 3 years at 50% time..? What exactly does that look like he went in in June and already saw a counselor now just waiting to be transferred any thing would help please
Yes he is at a state prision . And they gave him a date of release of December 24, 2017 I just read so much of this 33% and 85% that I was praying that it woul be sooner but a 1 year and a half is still better then 3 so I am still thankful

Old 10-10-2016, 11:42 PM

3 years at 50% served he went in June 24 2016.
What is estimated time of release? Domestic violence with ex two years ago never been in trouble
Old 10-12-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys#1Lady View Post
So if he gets to Fire Camp he'll do 35% of the time he has left? Sorry,
Then I heard something that the 35% don't start until after they are trained and working?
What about the days he was in reception ?? Do I count the time there ?
Old 10-13-2016, 10:07 PM

Please help me. My son did 3 full years in federal prison, came out to halfway house in 7/16 found a job, got his paperwork straight and all. Had to go to court when he was arrested in 2013, he violated probation. Kept postponing because he was out state. Went to court on 8/16 judge sentenced him to 1 year and a day state time to run concurrent with his Federal time. She stated that he could do it in the halfway house wherever, as long as he does it. His Federal time ends 1/17 with the state time running concurrent, how much time would he have to do in State. This Is Maryland judge said to run it together. How does that work out with credits state time. Please help, why do the state have a detainer on him, I'm confused. Momma pat
Old 10-27-2016, 06:17 PM

My husband was offered. 4 months with 1/2. 16 cts 32 total days served . How much more time does he do and when would be he reserve date be thankYou
Old 10-29-2016, 10:36 PM

Default My fiancé got arrested on Wednesday.

My fiancé had a surrender date on September 26th to serve 2 years 8 months but serving in county so it would be 1yr 4mnths. He didn't turn himself in, he wanted to work a few more weeks to save up money for our kids and then turn himself in after Halloween. He got picked up the other day by us marshals. He's in county right now. Waiting for court next Friday and waiting for his attorney. Since he didn't surrender, will the judge throw out his original plea agreement and give him the max time? If it was originally 1yr 4mnths in county, how much time will he actually serve?
Old 11-01-2016, 04:14 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,715 Times in 1,877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu6 View Post
My fiancé had a surrender date on September 26th to serve 2 years 8 months but serving in county so it would be 1yr 4mnths. He didn't turn himself in, he wanted to work a few more weeks to save up money for our kids and then turn himself in after Halloween. He got picked up the other day by us marshals. He's in county right now. Waiting for court next Friday and waiting for his attorney. Since he didn't surrender, will the judge throw out his original plea agreement and give him the max time? If it was originally 1yr 4mnths in county, how much time will he actually serve?
Woah, this is way beyond what you said in your post I just responded to in the other forum.

First off, assuming you're talking about a violation of California Penal Code and not Federal Code (and I'll get to why I am making the differentiation in a moment,) 2 years 8 months would indicate a strike prior, so he won't serve that in County.

Second, you're saying he had a surrender date and he blew it off. Not only blew it off, but didn't even make an effort to get an extension or to contact the court himself. The judge is not going to care WHY he blew it off, especially since it's not like he only showed up a few days late but rather it's now over a month later and he got brought in, presumably on a warrant, and didn't self-surrender. I can't say for absolute sure because I don't know what sort of mood the judge is going to be in or what, if any, help his lawyer might get him in keeping the sentence to the negotiated plea deal, but chances are very good that the judge will throw out the plea deal and he'll probably be fortunate if he doesn't get new charges for absconding.

Finally....you say U.S. Marshalls got him. U.S. Marshalls generally don't go tracking down fugitives unless they've got a Federal charge involved (in which case he won't serve time in County because Federal inmates don't serve their time in County Jail or State Prison, they serve in a Federal institution of some sort.) The only way this MIGHT not indicate a Federal charge is if he was doing something in a jurisdiction that Federal Marshalls patrol (such as he tried to get on a plane at an airport with a warrant, or he tried to cross the border and Border Patrol saw he had a warrant and the Marshalls were charged with taking him back to Los Angeles County) or if he was arrested out of state (in which case it becomes a Federal issue if there is a belief that he left California to abscond from charges, which, given that he was overdue to turn himself in for over a month, would be a logical conclusion if he was stopped by Law Enforcement somewhere out of state.) But Federal Marshalls usually don't pick someone up on state charges unless one of those issues came up.....(they do sometimes do fugitive task forces, but still, a bit unusual if this is the case.)

Right now, in fairness, I wouldn't count on that 32 month sentence remaining unless his lawyer has some sort of Jedi mind tricks up his sleeve. I'd anticipate that the deal will be thrown out, more time will be given, and with the Marshalls agency involved I'd make sure there isn't another crime or a Federal Offense involved.....

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas

Last edited by missingdee; 11-01-2016 at 10:13 AM..
Old 11-15-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Woah, this is way beyond what you said in your post I just responded to in the other forum.

First off, assuming you're talking about a violation of California Penal Code and not Federal Code (and I'll get to why I am making the differentiation in a moment,) 2 years 8 months would indicate a strike prior, so he won't serve that in County.

Second, you're saying he had a surrender date and he blew it off. Not only blew it off, but didn't even make an effort to get an extension or to contact the court himself. The judge is not going to care WHY he blew it off, especially since it's not like he only showed up a few days late but rather it's now over a month later and he got brought in, presumably on a warrant, and didn't self-surrender. I can't say for absolute sure because I don't know what sort of mood the judge is going to be in or what, if any, help his lawyer might get him in keeping the sentence to the negotiated plea deal, but chances are very good that the judge will throw out the plea deal and he'll probably be fortunate if he doesn't get new charges for absconding.

Finally....you say U.S. Marshalls got him. U.S. Marshalls generally don't go tracking down fugitives unless they've got a Federal charge involved (in which case he won't serve time in County because Federal inmates don't serve their time in County Jail or State Prison, they serve in a Federal institution of some sort.) The only way this MIGHT not indicate a Federal charge is if he was doing something in a jurisdiction that Federal Marshalls patrol (such as he tried to get on a plane at an airport with a warrant, or he tried to cross the border and Border Patrol saw he had a warrant and the Marshalls were charged with taking him back to Los Angeles County) or if he was arrested out of state (in which case it becomes a Federal issue if there is a belief that he left California to abscond from charges, which, given that he was overdue to turn himself in for over a month, would be a logical conclusion if he was stopped by Law Enforcement somewhere out of state.) But Federal Marshalls usually don't pick someone up on state charges unless one of those issues came up.....(they do sometimes do fugitive task forces, but still, a bit unusual if this is the case.)

Right now, in fairness, I wouldn't count on that 32 month sentence remaining unless his lawyer has some sort of Jedi mind tricks up his sleeve. I'd anticipate that the deal will be thrown out, more time will be given, and with the Marshalls agency involved I'd make sure there isn't another crime or a Federal Offense involved.....

-E

Judge gave him 3years 8months to serve in county. He will not be sent to state so it will be halftime in county jail. His projected release date is in 1 year 7 months. He's a trustee at men's central
Old 11-16-2016, 07:15 AM
mrs negrete

My husband just got sentence to two years in prison for a vop he already has 315 days of pre sentencing credits could he possibly be considered as a turn around

Last edited by negrete32; 11-16-2016 at 07:17 AM..
Old 11-16-2016, 08:17 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu6 View Post
Judge gave him 3years 8months to serve in county. He will not be sent to state so it will be halftime in county jail. His projected release date is in 1 year 7 months. He's a trustee at men's central
Again, that's a very strange sentence length to get County time on. His status as a trustee doesn't impact his sentencing, though it may entitle him to more privileges and maybe (don't quote me on this) early release.

Like I said though. If he had a strike prior, and someone figures that out, then he is not technically eligible to serve the time in County. You haven't told us his prior record so I can't tell you if this is something he should be worried about or not but like I said, the amount of County time he got is a bit unusual. For the sake of your ability to visit I hope the time is served at County.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 08:22 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrete32 View Post
My husband just got sentence to two years in prison for a vop he already has 315 days of pre sentencing credits could he possibly be considered as a turn around
No. If he got sentenced to 315 days total credit then 730-315=415 days to serve meaning he has to account for another 208 days before half of that is served. If he's serving time for a strike or has a strike prior then there's that to consider and he needs to serve more than half. But if he was sentenced to prison, given we know nothing about what he was sentenced for that he violated on, then he will go to prison and go through reception.

A little more detail would probably be helpful here.

I have no idea what you mean by "turn around."

The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (11-16-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Again, that's a very strange sentence length to get County time on. His status as a trustee doesn't impact his sentencing, though it may entitle him to more privileges and maybe (don't quote me on this) early release.

Like I said though. If he had a strike prior, and someone figures that out, then he is not technically eligible to serve the time in County. You haven't told us his prior record so I can't tell you if this is something he should be worried about or not but like I said, the amount of County time he got is a bit unusual. For the sake of your ability to visit I hope the time is served at County.

He doesn't have any prior strikes. Has a few misdemeanors for driving with a suspended license and a felony for having a false id. This latest charge was for identity theft and carrying the same false id from before. Judge did not order a mandatory percentage to serve, just 3 years 8 months like he said to serve halftime in county. His projected release date is April 20, 2018.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:16 PM

Hello I'm new to this site but I'm enjoying people stories and I don't feel by myself I'm thankful for this but I wanted to ask my fiance in prison for attempted murder and he have 839 jail time credits from when he was in jail in 1998 or 1999 but they gave him 23 years totals is their a way can you caculate from that thank you very much I forgot to add he been in prison since 2001
Old 03-02-2017, 08:00 PM

hello can someone help me calualate my husband good time he was sentenced jan 4 to 6 1/2 years but he has been locked up since oct 20 2015 someone help please he is getting time served too
Old 03-03-2017, 05:09 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by His#1bonnie View Post
hello can someone help me calualate my husband good time he was sentenced jan 4 to 6 1/2 years but he has been locked up since oct 20 2015 someone help please he is getting time served too
We don't have enough detail. Was he sentenced with a strike? Was this multiple sentences for different crimes? Is there concurrent or consecutive time involved? 6 1/2 years generally means more than one crime since aside from 16 months you really don't see a set number of months or a half-year listed as part of the sentence for a single crime.

Basic computation...and there may be further reductions for Prop 57 or Minimum Custody Credits but don't take those into account until he's actually deemed eligible and qualifying for those...

If he's doing time on a straight day-for-day (non-strike non-violent, or first strike non-violent) 50% time then he'll do approximately 3 1/4 years, assuming good behavior, meaning that he'd be out around the beginning of 2019 (can't give you the exact date or be 100% sure of it because I don't know if he got all his credits for County Jail time or not.

If he's got a strike prior and there is no violent offense, he'll do a minimum of 80% of 6 1/2 years, or approximately 1,898 days (5.2 years total) which would get him out some time toward the end of 2020.

If this was a violent offense he'll do a minimum of 85%, so figure a few more months, earliest release in early 2021 some time and no qualification for early parole on Prop 57 (though he may be eligible for some additional credits.)

He will keep any credits he got at sentencing, but keep in mind that if he gets write-ups he could potentially spend more time in. The estimation I'm giving you is based on current sentencing law and doesn't account for milestone credits, minimum custody credits (if he's eligible,) Prop 57 (if he's eligible and if it actually benefits him in a way that his current sentencing structure does not,) or other potential sentencing factors, and also doesn't count for potential lost credits from disciplinary actions.

Good luck to you both.

-E

Old 03-03-2017, 05:13 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycarmel View Post
Hello I'm new to this site but I'm enjoying people stories and I don't feel by myself I'm thankful for this but I wanted to ask my fiance in prison for attempted murder and he have 839 jail time credits from when he was in jail in 1998 or 1999 but they gave him 23 years totals is their a way can you caculate from that thank you very much I forgot to add he been in prison since 2001
Hard to make a good guess at it without exact dates, but if he got sentenced in 2001 to 23 years, its now been about 16 years, so 23-16=7-839 days (a little over 2 years) means that if he maxes out he's got about 5 years to go (release some time around 2022.) If he's behaved this whole time he can get a bit over 3 years of behavior credit which means a release some time in 2019.

Of course, if he has been in prison that whole time he should be able to get an estimated out date from his counselor or other prison staff.

Again, that's a very approximated, general estimate. I would need to know more details about when he entered the system, what sort of county credits he got, and a few other things in order to give a more accurate range.

-E

Old 03-20-2017, 09:35 PM

Default Assualt with deadly weapon, how long will he serve?

Hello! so my boyfriend went in Feb 28 and is in Pitchess Detention in CA his status changed to SP4 recently so I know that means hes going to state soon.. He got charged with assault with a deadly weapon his charge says 2 years low term count 1 but the PD said he qualified for 12 day credit and half the 2 years.. Does anyone know how long he will actually be in state? How does all this work any tips advice would help..
Old 05-02-2017, 08:21 PM
hisgurl34

Exclamation Help calculating release date?

Ok I need opinion with a release date.
If an inmate was sent to prison on Jan 5 2017, and has actual time 71 days
Gt/st 17
Total credits 88 days
After using the release date calculated it gives me a release date of May 4, 2018, what is the actual date for release.?
Old 05-09-2017, 06:57 PM

Default How do I find out his exact release date (CDRC)?

Hi ladies,
Does anyone know how to find out his exact release date? I called his counselor, but he didn't give me anything specific. Do we have to wait until he sees his counselor? He's a Nksp reception in CDCR
Old 05-12-2017, 12:11 PM
J's baby forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDiaz2017 View Post
Hi ladies,
Does anyone know how to find out his exact release date? I called his counselor, but he didn't give me anything specific. Do we have to wait until he sees his counselor? He's a Nksp reception in CDCR
Perhaps call the facility itself and ask the staff.