Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Family visits in a Sensitive needs yard???

Can you have a family visit if the inmate is housed in a sensitive needs yard (protective custody)? The inmate meets all the requirements for eligibility..(no SO conviction, doesn't have life, isn't close custody...etc), but just happens to be on a sensitive needs yard. Any information would be great.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Member of the 2018 club

Yes, you can. I know several ladies on my yard, that's SNY, that have family visits. Lucky girl, go get 'em!

Stephanie
Old 06-06-2007, 02:01 PM

Yay...okay, because we're approved, but on a regular yard right now. But he might be moving to a SNY yard soon, and that's why I was wondering. So visiting and their programs are the same? I don't know why in the world we thought it would be any different. If anyone who has a loved one on a SNY and can give me some information on what it's like, that would be great.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:11 PM
All My Life

It won't be a problem, because neither of you will be in contact with any other inmates. My husband was SNY and we had family visits.
If you want to message me, I'll try to answer your questions and give you what info I have.

If you live to be a hundred,
I want to live to be a hundred minus one day,
so I never have to live without you.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:46 PM

Are there some CA state prisons that are better with getting family visits than others? Level 2