Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:46 PM

Unhappy Question regarding husband's credit earning and custody level.

Can somebody please explain to me how my husband got hit with a whole othr time from what the lawyer calculates. He calculated that he will be home by next year because he will qualify for the 33% non violent offender. Some lady at intake keeps telling him oh your going to do 85% of your time you don't qualify for 33%because of your points. My husband was just out in January from fire camp now he's all the down to a level three and getting shipped out of state. It's wrong. And no one will speak to me. Maybe if I get a notary to notorized authorization for me to speak for him since they don't pay attention to their requests. I don't know I just need help I'm losing sleep trying to figure this out. I called the jails spoke to so many people who just give me the run around. No one can tell me why his points shot so high he said they won't tell him until he's transferred like wtff

Last edited by TAlvarado1989; 09-24-2016 at 10:49 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2016, 12:21 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,716 Times in 1,878 Posts

Hi T,
Do you know what penal code he was charged under? On another post you stated he had a strike. If you can tell me the penal code he was charged under I can provide a better answer to your question.
-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-25-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 01:11 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,716 Times in 1,878 Posts

I'd still like to help you find an answer to this question. I understand you are upset. I believe, with a little information, we can determine what he was sentenced for and whether or not the lawyer gave you good information. If the lawyer gave you bad information you may have an appealable issue. If the lawyer was correct and there is an error in the sentence then that is something you also need to figure out because it means whatever information CDCR has is wrong.

Please let me know so myself and others here can help figure out what is going on.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-28-2016)