Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes Do you have news relating to California's Prison or Ciminal Justice System and related efforts? Post them here! Also discuss 3 Strike laws.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:25 AM

Default Prisoner hunger strike

Please support our loved ones. Check out this web site.

Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity. Click on sign this petition. We can all help. Our family members need our support. Also we can call our governor Jerry Brown 1-916-445-2841

Lets come together and help change the way things are being done at all of our California State Prisons.

God Bless to all.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 12:37 AM

Default Hunger strike.

Calipatria hunger strike is going on. Inmates are being asked to shower with hand cuffs on. The way they are being treated is horrible. I want to thank you for posting the Prisoner Hunger Strike Soldarity website link.

I hope more people sign the petition.

This will work and help our loved ones.

God Bless

[quote=kima;6250177]CENTINELA STILL HAS HUNGER STRIKER'S!!!! Ten prisons that we know of still do!!!! cdcr is trying to keep the striker's isolated... many are not being allowed visits, mail is not getting in or out. Pelican Bay seems to be the only prison that mail and info is flowing in and out of - likely because there are attorney's monitoring all the inmates (200 of them) participating there.

The hunger strike is far from over, as long as cdcr refuses to negotiate or meet the demands - many are willing to take this to the end - for them, if changes aren't made then death is preferable.

If you want updates on the strike, use this link:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stmama For This Useful Post:
boysgirl (07-22-2011), vegasgirl1 (07-22-2011)
Old 07-22-2011, 12:40 AM

Thanks. Lets all try to help our loved ones. Please sign the petition prisoner hunger strike solidarity. web site.
The Following User Says Thank You to stmama For This Useful Post:
Pixiedust1015 (07-22-2011)
Old 07-22-2011, 01:39 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj663 View Post
No worries sweetie I know it's really a difficult time for the both you. (((Hugs))) were on the same team love you can vent here anytime.
I just wanna say that I am really grateful for this site. I was stressed out beyond...and knowing that I am not alone in this chaotic mess of a system, helped me focus on the outcome... all things must come to an end, and also that everything has a purpose even if it isnt all about us. Thank you all for being understanding and patient.. I guess when we have loved ones that are down, you kinda have to learn patience...And yes, about "venting" on here is definitely a way to not torture those around me who are looking at me like Im crazy and wonder why I care so much, since my husband is in prison. I hope they never have to go thru a situation like this .

@pj663:gurrl i just read the replies that i left and WHOA! I could see why you were like "Pixiedust slow yo roll" LOL I didnt even notice that I used pretty much all the font sizes available (how embarrassing) between the full moon and my p.m.s. this drama couldnt have come at a more inopportune time...(did I spell that right) you get what I'm saying. Anyway, blah blah blah I just wanted to say thank you and Im glad we have this site...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pixiedust1015 For This Useful Post:
boysgirl (07-22-2011), callmevelma (07-22-2011), kima (07-22-2011), pj663 (07-23-2011), sidewalker (07-22-2011)
Old 07-22-2011, 01:49 AM

Default Desert View MCCF update

I finally spoke to my husband and they are not transferring him, now they are saying that the whole issue was based on mistaken identity, that he was being blamed for "inciting" a work strike. (Even though he is the only inmate who showed up to class.) He is getting ALL his mail he has all his privileges restored and we should be fine for visiting this weekend, so yeah... I hate it when people lie to me this is all because we were misinformed by the only CDC Staff member on duty who thinks its cool to tell "tall tales"...I wonder if we had just stayed silent, if he would still be in the hole... (without a write-up by the way because they had nothing to charge him with.) I'm happy to have my husband back he was starting to go nuts and I was right there with him...hehehe
I thank everyone for the support and info...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pixiedust1015 For This Useful Post:
callmevelma (07-22-2011), mrs.grumps (07-22-2011), sidewalker (07-22-2011), sweetjessie (07-22-2011)
Old 07-22-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust1015 View Post
I finally spoke to my husband and they are not transferring him, now they are saying that the whole issue was based on mistaken identity, that he was being blamed for "inciting" a work strike. (Even though he is the only inmate who showed up to class.) He is getting ALL his mail he has all his privileges restored and we should be fine for visiting this weekend, so yeah... I hate it when people lie to me this is all because we were misinformed by the only CDC Staff member on duty who thinks its cool to tell "tall tales"...I wonder if we had just stayed silent, if he would still be in the hole... (without a write-up by the way because they had nothing to charge him with.) I'm happy to have my husband back he was starting to go nuts and I was right there with him...hehehe
I thank everyone for the support and info...
That is amazing! I'm glad that it all worked out!
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetjessie For This Useful Post:
Pixiedust1015 (07-23-2011)
Old 07-23-2011, 10:55 AM

Thanked 4,616 Times in 1,700 Posts

EVENT: MONDAY, 7/24 in Sacramento
At least three prisons still have hundreds of hunger strike protesters!

As many of you have heard, the Short Corridor Collective at Pelican Bay have ended their hunger strike and have declared it a success! Their courageous act of refusing to eat for 4 weeks has successfully put the issues of torturous isolation units and California's abominable debriefing program in the international & national media, it has boosted a growing movement for the rights of prisoners, and is unifying prisoners of different racial groups for a struggle against their real and shared enemies: the unfair policies and practices of CDCR.

Many of you also know that the hunger strike continues in Tehachapi, Corcoran, and Calipatria State Prisons.

We must continue to put pressure on CDCR and Governor Jerry Brown!

On Monday, 7/25 from noon-4pm in Sacramento, family members, community based organizations, and community members from around the state are mobilizing to support the ongoing California Prisoner Hunger Strike!

Meet in Sacramento at Fremont Park (on 15th St., b/w Q & P Streets) @ 11:30am.
March to CDCR headquarters (1515 S. Street) and rally from noon-2pm.
March to State Building to deliver organizational letter to Governor Jerry Brown's office from 2-4pm.

*Please note that this will be a PEACEFUL, non-arrestable action.

Please take the time to forward this email to all of your contacts, and continue to call CDCR and Governor Brown demanding more humane treatment of prisoners across California.

For more information, please check the Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity Blog or call (510) 444-0484.

BAY AREA Ride-share: Meet at West Oakland BART at 9:30am, rides will be leaving at 10am.

The Following User Says Thank You to kima For This Useful Post:
shenson (07-23-2011)