Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:50 AM

Question 200 Shot: B/f sent to SHU, visits suspended. What happens next?

Hello i need some help my boyfriend is in federal jail and he got sent to the shu this pass Friday because they said i improper touch his private part in front of his younger son witch that's not try they kick me out and put him in the shu now what going to happen and they gave him a 200 shock what ever that means can some one help me to know what happens to him next I'm on tempory suspended from visiting
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkt31 View Post
Hello i need some help my boyfriend is in federal jail and he got sent to the shu this pass Friday because they said i improper touch his private part in front of his younger son witch that's not try they kick me out and put him in the shu now what going to happen and they gave him a 200 shock what ever that means can some one help me to know what happens to him next I'm on tempory suspended from visiting
Good Afternoon! HeĒll remain in the ShU until his disciplinary hearing (DHO) for the shot then theyíll determine what his punishment will be and how much shu time heíll get. This type of situation happened to me and Boyfriend this past summer. I canít remember the exact shu time he received but visits were suspended for 6 months and he was put on commissary restrictions
The Following User Says Thank You to LynnrussT For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 03:35 PM

Default Federal jail shue

Thank you so much I'm so worried I keep blaming my self they have the evidence on camra of me touching his private area wile his son was standing their but actually his son went to the vending machine he did not see what I was doing I have not heard from him at all I wish I would not have done that I feel very bad
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparkt31 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-08-2018), Lytebryte (02-15-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnrussT View Post
Good Afternoon! He”ll remain in the ShU until his disciplinary hearing (DHO) for the shot then they’ll determine what his punishment will be and how much shu time he’ll get. This type of situation happened to me and Boyfriend this past summer. I can’t remember the exact shu time he received but visits were suspended for 6 months and he was put on commissary restrictions
Will he be able to call soon I'm very depress I keep beeting my brain up about it
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkt31 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (02-15-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 03:43 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,526 Times in 11,940 Posts

The A&O Handbook for his prison will contain the maximum possible punishments he can receive for a 200 series shot. https://www.bop.gov/locations/search.jsp

The District Hearing Officer will decide the punishments he actually receives. While he is in the SHU, he will only be able to make one short phone call each month, and no emails, so communicating will have to be through letters.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much I'm so worried I keep blaming my self they have the evidence on camra of me touching his private area wile his son was standing their but actually his son went to the vending machine he did not see what I was doing I have not heard from him at all I wish I would not have done that I feel very bad
No No No donít feel bad! You canít beat yourself up about It! Write him a letter since he wonít be able to call since heís in the Shu. I know It sucks right now but youíll get your visits back! Oh and one more thing I forgot about the punishment is my boyfriend had some good days taken away so be prepared for that just in case.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LynnrussT For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-08-2018), Sarianna (01-10-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnrussT View Post
No No No don’t feel bad! You can’t beat yourself up about It! Write him a letter since he won’t be able to call since he’s in the Shu. I know It sucks right now but you’ll get your visits back! Oh and one more thing I forgot about the punishment is my boyfriend had some good days taken away so be prepared for that just in case.
will they take my name off of his phone list sence it was me who was causing the problem yes I just look up it said he will get good days took away like 27 or somthing

Last edited by Sparkt31; 01-08-2018 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Spell a word wrong
Old 01-08-2018, 04:20 PM

[quote=Sparkt31;7691655]will they take my name off of his phone list sence it was me who was causing the problem yes I just look up it said he will get good days took away like 27 or something

phone no well I wasnít taken off his phone so I donít think you will
Old 01-08-2018, 06:11 PM

The most important thing is to learn from the experience, which is a new one for you as well as him. The feds are very strict about visitation violations because the public is in the facility, and things can go wrong in an instant. There are usually children present too, so any sexual misconduct is dealt with harshly. Just remember, “this too shall pass” and it might take a little time to get full priveleges back.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

If he does lose some earned good time as a punishment after the hearing, it's possible to have it reinstated after a period of clear conduct (no new shots). If his son was not present when the incident happened, it could make a difference in his punishment if he clears that up at the hearing. The proof should be on the video.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free At Last 5 View Post
The most important thing is to learn from the experience, which is a new one for you as well as him. The feds are very strict about visitation violations because the public is in the facility, and things can go wrong in an instant. There are usually children present too, so any sexual misconduct is dealt with harshly. Just remember, ďthis too shall passĒ and it might take a little time to get full priveleges back.
Agree with this. Weather the boy was there and saw is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure improper touching is not allowed no matter who sees. Just chalk this one up to experience and remember EVERYTHING you do in the prison affects more than just you. Good luck.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
Agree with this. Weather the boy was there and saw is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure improper touching is not allowed no matter who sees. Just chalk this one up to experience and remember EVERYTHING you do in the prison affects more than just you. Good luck.
thank you for helping me i hope to hear a letter or somthing soon
Old 01-09-2018, 02:04 PM

My husband had dropped chips on his lap and I, without even thinking, brushed them off. A big no no! He went to the SHU for a week, lost 21 days good time, no phone calls for 120 days and no visits for 6 months. Needless to say I absolutely keep my hands to myself now!
Old 01-09-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielsWyf View Post
My husband had dropped chips on his lap and I, without even thinking, brushed them off. A big no no! He went to the SHU for a week, lost 21 days good time, no phone calls for 120 days and no visits for 6 months. Needless to say I absolutely keep my hands to myself now!
o my goodness 121 days with no phone ima go insain all that punishment for brushing chips off so you did not hear his voice for 120 days?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkt31 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (02-15-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 04:30 PM

Thanked 1,248 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielsWyf View Post
Jesus, that's ridiculous!

I'm visiting my husband for the first time and he told me that at his place they actually let you "kiss and hug for a bit" but you can't go way overboard. That they are not as restrictive there as we read, which is good. But brushing off crumbs is like a mom thing to do! It's not like that other thread where the woman was "bragging" about what she did which was so stupid. And even in this one, I'm not trying to be mean, but why would you have your hand on your b/f crotch in any case in front of his son or not? I mean come on? That is just common sense. Just like we tell our loved ones to not do anything to risk getting in trouble, anything we do can get them in trouble too.
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (02-15-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
Jesus, that's ridiculous!

I'm visiting my husband for the first time and he told me that at his place they actually let you "kiss and hug for a bit" but you can't go way overboard. That they are not as restrictive there as we read, which is good. But brushing off crumbs is like a mom thing to do! It's not like that other thread where the woman was "bragging" about what she did which was so stupid. And even in this one, I'm not trying to be mean, but why would you have your hand on your b/f crotch in any case in front of his son or not? I mean come on? That is just common sense. Just like we tell our loved ones to not do anything to risk getting in trouble, anything we do can get them in trouble too.
actually his son was at the vending machine the co made it seem worse then it was but they watch the tape he will be out In a week I am not that crazy to put my hand on the front of his paints in front of his son

Last edited by Sparkt31; 01-09-2018 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Spell a word wrong
Old 01-09-2018, 05:06 PM

Thanked 1,248 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
actually his son was at the vending machine the co made it seem worse then it was but they watch the tape he will be out In a week I am not that crazy to put my hand on the front of his paints in front of his son
That wasnít my point. My point was why do it at all when you know itís against the rules?

One of my husbandís roommates just got put in the SHU on Friday for something (my husband wonít tell me on the phone or email so Iím assuming itís something contraband related) that heís going to tell me about in person. The guy blew his chance because heís getting transferred from one of the best camps to a ďlowĒ facility now. I mean come on. Why risk anything? Kid or no kid? This isnít high school! And even if it were, that behavior isnít tolerated either!
Old 01-09-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
That wasnít my point. My point was why do it at all when you know itís against the rules?

One of my husbandís roommates just got put in the SHU on Friday for something (my husband wonít tell me on the phone or email so Iím assuming itís something contraband related) that heís going to tell me about in person. The guy blew his chance because heís getting transferred from one of the best camps to a ďlowĒ facility now. I mean come on. Why risk anything? Kid or no kid? This isnít high school! And even if it were, that behavior isnít tolerated either!
this ant no debate about what i did nor is it high school but it's cool i have learn from this mistake it was one quick touch barly that like a swipe i may say but this is not what I came on here for just to know how long he might be their not for no one to tell me what u should not do I know now they watch closely just tell your story or give short brief help from your experience not keep throwing shots in your post
Old 01-09-2018, 06:31 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Only the hearing officer will determine his punishment, so if the DHO thinks having his son watch makes the incident worse, then it definitely can matter. If the CO embellished that, there may be other attempts to paint you in a bad light, in his report and/or when the CO testifies at the hearing. Getting the facts straight can't hurt.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Only the hearing officer will determine his punishment, so if the DHO thinks having his son watch makes the incident worse, then it definitely can matter. If the CO embellished that, there may be other attempts to paint you in a bad light, in his report and/or when the CO testifies at the hearing. Getting the facts straight can't hurt.
his son did not know what I was doing he was at the vending machine it was so quick only touch the front of his paints
Old 01-09-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
his son did not know what I was doing he was at the vending machine it was so quick only touch the front of his paints
I know weíve already discussed it and Im glad I was able to help a little bit but itís just a lesson learned for you and your boyfriend this same thing happened to me. You accept the consequences deal with them and move on. Everyone makes mistakes which i mean is the reason while we are all on this site.