Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Valley State Prison (VSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Valley State Prison (VSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Valley State Prison (VSP), located in Chowchilla, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 05-17-2017, 11:16 AM
adamswiffey adamswiffey is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ca, santa clara
Posts: 433
Thanks: 142
Thanked 104 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Ladies need help! What time do u check in for family visit ? I missplaced the paper, that had the time on it. Thank you
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #52  
Old 05-17-2017, 10:38 PM
Mrs.cs1977's Avatar
Mrs.cs1977 Mrs.cs1977 is offline
Together for Life!!
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: california
Posts: 321
Thanks: 91
Thanked 75 Times in 55 Posts
Default

It says not to arrive before 9am I got there at 9:10 and no later than 11am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamswiffey View Post
Ladies need help! What time do u check in for family visit ? I missplaced the paper, that had the time on it. Thank you
__________________
In Love and Waiting.....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs.cs1977 For This Useful Post:
adamswiffey (05-17-2017)
  #53  
Old 08-07-2017, 12:45 PM
G-lady G-lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: california, usa
Posts: 34
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

are grandchildren considered immediate family for family visit? Our daughter has a 1 year old son, and we would like to bring him.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Cheri S Cheri S is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sacramento California USA
Posts: 118
Thanks: 7
Thanked 35 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-lady View Post
are grandchildren considered immediate family for family visit? Our daughter has a 1 year old son, and we would like to bring him.
Yes! According to Title 15 (http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/A...tle15_2017.pdf)

"Immediate Family Members means legal spouse; registered domestic partner, natural parents; adoptive parents, if the adoption occurred and a family relationship existed prior to the inmate’s incarceration; step-parents or foster parents; grandparents; natural, step, or foster brothers or sisters; the inmate’s natural and adoptive children; grandchildren; and legal stepchildren of the inmate. Aunts, uncles and cousins are not immediate family members unless a verified foster relationship exists."
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-07-2017, 02:34 PM
G-lady G-lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: california, usa
Posts: 34
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Thank you for the quick reply

You made my day. We were so disappointed when he heard grandchildren are not immediate family for a FV. THANK YOU
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G-lady For This Useful Post:
Cheri S (08-07-2017)
  #56  
Old 08-20-2017, 07:49 AM
G-lady G-lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: california, usa
Posts: 34
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default food order question

I ordered my food package from walkenhorse to easy I think. I ordered it on the 8/14th and it saiys it sent out the 16th. But now I am reding that it cant get their earlier that 14 days and may be returned. My visit is on 9/5. I ordered early because I was thinking about the Holiday and I didnt realize there was a date order time limit. What will happen?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-20-2017, 09:25 PM
Mrs.cs1977's Avatar
Mrs.cs1977 Mrs.cs1977 is offline
Together for Life!!
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: california
Posts: 321
Thanks: 91
Thanked 75 Times in 55 Posts
Default

You should be ok..my understanding is that when the FVC sends our loved ones the paperwork to send to us along with the ordering info we are allowed to order. Since the OP was updated things may change later but for now you should be ok. I ordered our package in July when we were told to order and our visit is mid September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-lady View Post
I ordered my food package from walkenhorse to easy I think. I ordered it on the 8/14th and it saiys it sent out the 16th. But now I am reding that it cant get their earlier that 14 days and may be returned. My visit is on 9/5. I ordered early because I was thinking about the Holiday and I didnt realize there was a date order time limit. What will happen?
__________________
In Love and Waiting.....
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-21-2017, 07:28 AM
G-lady G-lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: california, usa
Posts: 34
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.cs1977 View Post
You should be ok..my understanding is that when the FVC sends our loved ones the paperwork to send to us along with the ordering info we are allowed to order. Since the OP was updated things may change later but for now you should be ok. I ordered our package in July when we were told to order and our visit is mid September.
Thank you very much for your reply. I really appriciate you sharing your experience with me. G
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G-lady For This Useful Post:
Mrs.cs1977 (08-24-2017)
  #59  
Old 08-21-2017, 07:35 AM
ALWAYS HERE 4 M's Avatar
ALWAYS HERE 4 M ALWAYS HERE 4 M is offline
Still loving my hubby...
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,802
Thanks: 1,972
Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,199 Posts
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri S View Post
Yes! According to Title 15 (http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/A...tle15_2017.pdf)

"Immediate Family Members means legal spouse; registered domestic partner, natural parents; adoptive parents, if the adoption occurred and a family relationship existed prior to the inmate’s incarceration; step-parents or foster parents; grandparents; natural, step, or foster brothers or sisters; the inmate’s natural and adoptive children; grandchildren; and legal stepchildren of the inmate. Aunts, uncles and cousins are not immediate family members unless a verified foster relationship exists."
From my understanding immediate family includes the inmates grandchildren. Your grandson would be his nephew, correct? I would call and verify with the family visiting coordinator before your visit. Good luck
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-08-2017, 11:44 PM
G-lady G-lady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: california, usa
Posts: 34
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default just completed 1st family visit

Just thought I would share my experience of our 1st family visit. I arrived to the facility at 10:30am. (They started processing exactly at 11am.) I was directed to go to the visiting reception waiting room. The people there were expecting me and asked me to pick out up to 10 DVDs from a cabinet that was opened and ready for me to look at.. at 11 am when they started processing, It took about 10-15 minutes for my processing and checking of my property. -very fast-There was another family processing after me. (there 1st time too) and they did bring a lot of stuff. It took a long time to process them and check everything they brought and they had to make several trips back out to their car to put stuff in that could not be taken in. My suggestion is: bring in a minimal amount of stuff. Honestly, you wont need much. Make up? I didnt bother bringing. I brought travel size toiletries, 1 change of clothes and 1 night gown. I left all my jewelry at home. Easy to check, easy to process= faster to get into the unit where my husband was already waiting. I did need to bring some medication. But I followed the directions on the FV rules my husband was given. I brought a doctors note, and put only the amount I would need into the perscription bottles. They were so kind to me about it. I was told to have my husband use the phone inside the FV unit to call when I needed my meds and they would bring it to me. (cant take it in) But he never had to call. They called him several times to ask if I would be needing it. They brought it right to the gate and handed it to me in a envelope. I took out my meds and I signed thier log. Thats it. easy, respectful, and very well handled. the visit went smoothly, no incidents of any kind. If my husband had a question, he picked up the phone to ask it and was given his answer right away. They posted up the times they would call him for check -in. But only 1 time each day did they ask him to go out front for the check. The night calls were over the phone check ins and they didnt even call for all of them. 2:30 am was the last one both nights. much easier than expected. We cant wait to have #2.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 11-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Caligirl20985 Caligirl20985 is offline
Caligurl209
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: California
Posts: 436
Thanks: 14
Thanked 113 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Question on the Exemption form for family visits does anyone know what’s the address to send the money order too?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Mrs.cs1977's Avatar
Mrs.cs1977 Mrs.cs1977 is offline
Together for Life!!
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: california
Posts: 321
Thanks: 91
Thanked 75 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl20985 View Post
Question on the Exemption form for family visits does anyone know what’s the address to send the money order too?
HI...i order the package online for FV and use JPay to send money I’m assuming you send the money order to the FV Coordinator, not sure though. Have you tried calling him? Sorry if not much help 😏
__________________
In Love and Waiting.....
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-03-2017, 01:51 AM
Caligirl20985 Caligirl20985 is offline
Caligurl209
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: California
Posts: 436
Thanks: 14
Thanked 113 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.cs1977 View Post
HI...i order the package online for FV and use JPay to send money I’m assuming you send the money order to the FV Coordinator, not sure though. Have you tried calling him? Sorry if not much help 😏
Thank you so much I got a hold of the coordinator
Of the
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-11-2018, 12:29 AM
andysgurl andysgurl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: back in San Diego
Posts: 442
Thanks: 1
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Any news regarding the new FV regulations?
__________________








The greatest lesson you will ever learn is to love and be loved in return!


Missing my Squishy!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-24-2018, 05:22 PM
Caligirl20985 Caligirl20985 is offline
Caligurl209
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: California
Posts: 436
Thanks: 14
Thanked 113 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Nope haven’t heard nothing yet
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-08-2018, 08:07 PM
patience10 patience10 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: new jersey, u.s.
Posts: 27
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-lady View Post
Just thought I would share my experience of our 1st family visit. I arrived to the facility at 10:30am. (They started processing exactly at 11am.) I was directed to go to the visiting reception waiting room. The people there were expecting me and asked me to pick out up to 10 DVDs from a cabinet that was opened and ready for me to look at.. at 11 am when they started processing, It took about 10-15 minutes for my processing and checking of my property. -very fast-There was another family processing after me. (there 1st time too) and they did bring a lot of stuff. It took a long time to process them and check everything they brought and they had to make several trips back out to their car to put stuff in that could not be taken in. My suggestion is: bring in a minimal amount of stuff. Honestly, you wont need much. Make up? I didnt bother bringing. I brought travel size toiletries, 1 change of clothes and 1 night gown. I left all my jewelry at home. Easy to check, easy to process= faster to get into the unit where my husband was already waiting. I did need to bring some medication. But I followed the directions on the FV rules my husband was given. I brought a doctors note, and put only the amount I would need into the perscription bottles. They were so kind to me about it. I was told to have my husband use the phone inside the FV unit to call when I needed my meds and they would bring it to me. (cant take it in) But he never had to call. They called him several times to ask if I would be needing it. They brought it right to the gate and handed it to me in a envelope. I took out my meds and I signed thier log. Thats it. easy, respectful, and very well handled. the visit went smoothly, no incidents of any kind. If my husband had a question, he picked up the phone to ask it and was given his answer right away. They posted up the times they would call him for check -in. But only 1 time each day did they ask him to go out front for the check. The night calls were over the phone check ins and they didnt even call for all of them. 2:30 am was the last one both nights. much easier than expected. We cant wait to have #2.
That doesn't sound bad...are the clothes restrictions the same?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSP Family Visiting Q/A traviesita Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California 16 03-11-2018 10:38 AM
Help with family visiting C-C Correctional Training Facility, Soledad (CTF) - California 3 01-20-2009 10:45 PM
Corcoran #2 Visiting & Family Visiting myjutebe California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF) 5 07-03-2007 01:01 PM
Help!! Family Visiting Jennifer101 Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California 19 05-05-2007 01:41 PM
family visiting marina California Prison Visitation - General Q&A 4 10-25-2006 10:23 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics