Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Valley State Prison (VSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Valley State Prison (VSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Valley State Prison (VSP), located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:16 AM

Ladies need help! What time do u check in for family visit ? I missplaced the paper, that had the time on it. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2017, 10:38 PM
Together for Life!!

It says not to arrive before 9am I got there at 9:10 and no later than 11am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamswiffey View Post
Ladies need help! What time do u check in for family visit ? I missplaced the paper, that had the time on it. Thank you
adamswiffey (05-17-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 12:45 PM

are grandchildren considered immediate family for family visit? Our daughter has a 1 year old son, and we would like to bring him.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-lady View Post
are grandchildren considered immediate family for family visit? Our daughter has a 1 year old son, and we would like to bring him.
Yes! According to Title 15 (http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/A...tle15_2017.pdf)

"Immediate Family Members means legal spouse; registered domestic partner, natural parents; adoptive parents, if the adoption occurred and a family relationship existed prior to the inmate’s incarceration; step-parents or foster parents; grandparents; natural, step, or foster brothers or sisters; the inmate’s natural and adoptive children; grandchildren; and legal stepchildren of the inmate. Aunts, uncles and cousins are not immediate family members unless a verified foster relationship exists."
Old 08-07-2017, 02:34 PM

Default Thank you for the quick reply

You made my day. We were so disappointed when he heard grandchildren are not immediate family for a FV. THANK YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to G-lady For This Useful Post:
Cheri S (08-07-2017)
Old 08-20-2017, 07:49 AM

Default food order question

I ordered my food package from walkenhorse to easy I think. I ordered it on the 8/14th and it saiys it sent out the 16th. But now I am reding that it cant get their earlier that 14 days and may be returned. My visit is on 9/5. I ordered early because I was thinking about the Holiday and I didnt realize there was a date order time limit. What will happen?
Old 08-20-2017, 09:25 PM
Together for Life!!

You should be ok..my understanding is that when the FVC sends our loved ones the paperwork to send to us along with the ordering info we are allowed to order. Since the OP was updated things may change later but for now you should be ok. I ordered our package in July when we were told to order and our visit is mid September.

Quote:
I ordered my food package from walkenhorse to easy I think. I ordered it on the 8/14th and it saiys it sent out the 16th. But now I am reding that it cant get their earlier that 14 days and may be returned. My visit is on 9/5. I ordered early because I was thinking about the Holiday and I didnt realize there was a date order time limit. What will happen?
Old 08-21-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.cs1977 View Post
You should be ok..my understanding is that when the FVC sends our loved ones the paperwork to send to us along with the ordering info we are allowed to order. Since the OP was updated things may change later but for now you should be ok. I ordered our package in July when we were told to order and our visit is mid September.
Thank you very much for your reply. I really appriciate you sharing your experience with me. G
The Following User Says Thank You to G-lady For This Useful Post:
Mrs.cs1977 (08-24-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 07:35 AM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,199 Posts
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri S View Post
Yes! According to Title 15 (http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/A...tle15_2017.pdf)

"Immediate Family Members means legal spouse; registered domestic partner, natural parents; adoptive parents, if the adoption occurred and a family relationship existed prior to the inmate’s incarceration; step-parents or foster parents; grandparents; natural, step, or foster brothers or sisters; the inmate’s natural and adoptive children; grandchildren; and legal stepchildren of the inmate. Aunts, uncles and cousins are not immediate family members unless a verified foster relationship exists."
From my understanding immediate family includes the inmates grandchildren. Your grandson would be his nephew, correct? I would call and verify with the family visiting coordinator before your visit. Good luck

Old 09-08-2017, 11:44 PM

Default just completed 1st family visit

Just thought I would share my experience of our 1st family visit. I arrived to the facility at 10:30am. (They started processing exactly at 11am.) I was directed to go to the visiting reception waiting room. The people there were expecting me and asked me to pick out up to 10 DVDs from a cabinet that was opened and ready for me to look at.. at 11 am when they started processing, It took about 10-15 minutes for my processing and checking of my property. -very fast-There was another family processing after me. (there 1st time too) and they did bring a lot of stuff. It took a long time to process them and check everything they brought and they had to make several trips back out to their car to put stuff in that could not be taken in. My suggestion is: bring in a minimal amount of stuff. Honestly, you wont need much. Make up? I didnt bother bringing. I brought travel size toiletries, 1 change of clothes and 1 night gown. I left all my jewelry at home. Easy to check, easy to process= faster to get into the unit where my husband was already waiting. I did need to bring some medication. But I followed the directions on the FV rules my husband was given. I brought a doctors note, and put only the amount I would need into the perscription bottles. They were so kind to me about it. I was told to have my husband use the phone inside the FV unit to call when I needed my meds and they would bring it to me. (cant take it in) But he never had to call. They called him several times to ask if I would be needing it. They brought it right to the gate and handed it to me in a envelope. I took out my meds and I signed thier log. Thats it. easy, respectful, and very well handled. the visit went smoothly, no incidents of any kind. If my husband had a question, he picked up the phone to ask it and was given his answer right away. They posted up the times they would call him for check -in. But only 1 time each day did they ask him to go out front for the check. The night calls were over the phone check ins and they didnt even call for all of them. 2:30 am was the last one both nights. much easier than expected. We cant wait to have #2.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Caligurl209

Question on the Exemption form for family visits does anyone know what’s the address to send the money order too?
Old 11-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Together for Life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl20985 View Post
Question on the Exemption form for family visits does anyone know what’s the address to send the money order too?
HI...i order the package online for FV and use JPay to send money I’m assuming you send the money order to the FV Coordinator, not sure though. Have you tried calling him? Sorry if not much help 😏
Old 12-03-2017, 01:51 AM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.cs1977 View Post
HI...i order the package online for FV and use JPay to send money I’m assuming you send the money order to the FV Coordinator, not sure though. Have you tried calling him? Sorry if not much help 😏
Thank you so much I got a hold of the coordinator
Of the
Old 03-11-2018, 12:29 AM

Any news regarding the new FV regulations?

The greatest lesson you will ever learn is to love and be loved in return!

Missing my Squishy!!!!!
Old 04-24-2018, 05:22 PM
Caligurl209

Nope haven’t heard nothing yet
Old 05-08-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Just thought I would share my experience of our 1st family visit. I arrived to the facility at 10:30am. (They started processing exactly at 11am.) I was directed to go to the visiting reception waiting room. The people there were expecting me and asked me to pick out up to 10 DVDs from a cabinet that was opened and ready for me to look at.. at 11 am when they started processing, It took about 10-15 minutes for my processing and checking of my property. -very fast-There was another family processing after me. (there 1st time too) and they did bring a lot of stuff. It took a long time to process them and check everything they brought and they had to make several trips back out to their car to put stuff in that could not be taken in. My suggestion is: bring in a minimal amount of stuff. Honestly, you wont need much. Make up? I didnt bother bringing. I brought travel size toiletries, 1 change of clothes and 1 night gown. I left all my jewelry at home. Easy to check, easy to process= faster to get into the unit where my husband was already waiting. I did need to bring some medication. But I followed the directions on the FV rules my husband was given. I brought a doctors note, and put only the amount I would need into the perscription bottles. They were so kind to me about it. I was told to have my husband use the phone inside the FV unit to call when I needed my meds and they would bring it to me. (cant take it in) But he never had to call. They called him several times to ask if I would be needing it. They brought it right to the gate and handed it to me in a envelope. I took out my meds and I signed thier log. Thats it. easy, respectful, and very well handled. the visit went smoothly, no incidents of any kind. If my husband had a question, he picked up the phone to ask it and was given his answer right away. They posted up the times they would call him for check -in. But only 1 time each day did they ask him to go out front for the check. The night calls were over the phone check ins and they didnt even call for all of them. 2:30 am was the last one both nights. much easier than expected. We cant wait to have #2.
That doesn't sound bad...are the clothes restrictions the same?