Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Ironwood State Prison located in Blythe, California.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:09 PM

Default Ironwood family visiting

Is anyone having family visits? Can you please tell me what to expect, food, clothing, sheets etc??
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2015, 06:48 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchencrews View Post
Is anyone having family visits? Can you please tell me what to expect, food, clothing, sheets etc??
I don't know much about family visits, but I have a lot of ?'s too. How do you do it? Does he have to send you a form to fill out? And how long does it take? I would think they would send you a list or something saying what you can bring, a friend of mine that did state prison time with his wife said they will check everything over to the tee. If something is wrong, they will terminate the visit. And how long does FV's last? Two days, three? So many questions as my husband asked if I wanted to do family visits. And of course I said YES. Also can your children be there too?
Old 09-10-2015, 04:06 PM

I'm hoping someone will respond that can give us info. I've looked on here and most of the stuff is from a long time ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to Casper's wife66 For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (09-10-2015)
Old 09-10-2015, 07:37 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper's wife66 View Post
I'm hoping someone will respond that can give us info. I've looked on here and most of the stuff is from a long time ago.
I noticed this too. I have spent as much time as I can looking for info, but some of the posts are years ago, and I am not clear if the rules with CDC have changed or not.....Hope someone can answer.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:00 PM

how sad still no one responds....good looking out
The Following User Says Thank You to Casper's wife66 For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (09-20-2015)
Old 09-19-2015, 04:09 PM

Thanked 11,061 Times in 5,992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper's wife66 View Post
how sad still no one responds....good looking out
Facility-specific forums ALWAYS ebb and flow...not every facility in every State has a substantial number of LO's as members of PTO.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (09-20-2015)
Old 04-07-2018, 01:34 PM

Default Process to get a famiy visit???

My husband was transferred to Ironwood State Prison about a month ago, he was at Chino before that, and county before that.

I havent seen him since Nov 7th. We had our first baby at the end of September so we really need a family visit so our 6 month old baby can see his daddy. A lot of time has passed and we really want our baby to see his daddy soon.

I keep calling and they tell me my husband has to request a family visit from his counselor, but, he keeps submitting form 22 and not getting responses from his counselor. He is in section B, they dont have assigned counselors, so i guess their forms get delegated to counselors from other sections.

My husband said there should be a place online i can get the process started, submit my marriage license, birth certificates, etc.

Please let me know how to navigate these waters. I have zero experience with the prison system.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,392 Times in 6,956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nmat3_wife View Post
I keep calling and they tell me my husband has to request a family visit from his counselor, but, he keeps submitting form 22 and not getting responses from his counselor. He is in section B, they dont have assigned counselors, so i guess their forms get delegated to counselors from other sections.
Unfortunately it does have to be done from inside and through their counselors. I'm not sure if B yard is short on staff right now, but they should have counselors specific to that yard even if they're temporary. If he's requesting the form and submitting it, have him document the day, time and staff member he submitted the form to. Wait about two weeks, have him follow up with that counselor. If that doesn't go anywhere, you can call the FV coodinator (I'm sorry, I don't have that name ext. at hand...anyone else?) and inquire about the process.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-08-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,392 Times in 6,956 Posts

Update from ISP Inmate Family Council:
**Family Visiting Update**
There will not be a “Moment’s Notice List” that ISP was considering from our June IFC Minutes. Family Visits scheduling has changed since our meeting in June. There will no longer be one yard per week. It will now be all yards integrated. The timeframe will be about 4-5 months out. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. If there is a complaint or issue please follow the chain of command speaking to the Visiting Sgt. first then the Visiting Lt. before reaching out to the Custody Capt.
Please do not call the family visiting officer or visiting staff to inquire about receiving a date, cancellations, or family visiting package. The family visiting officer will contact your loved one if there is an issue and/or to give a date. If you or your loved one has concerns, have your loved one send in a form 22. That is the fastest way to receive an answer. The family visiting officer does not have time to return everyone’s phone calls as he’s busy doing other work as well. If you have a package concern, you will need to contact Walkenhorst to see if it was delivered to ISP. ISP will not return phone calls inquiring about packages arriving.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (08-10-2018)