Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Valley State Prison (VSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Valley State Prison (VSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Valley State Prison (VSP), located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:11 PM

Default Sharing tables in visiting

I didn't play devils advocate to suggest that they not allow the doubling up of inmates and visitors, only to stress that each yard should have their own visiting rooms, as all the other prisons do. That alone would ease up the overcrowding in the rooms without the need to double up, or terminate visits.
I only said those things because they are a possibility of what could happen once visiting hours are over and the guys go back to their cells/dorms. We all know how easily comments can be misunderstood, how easily a comment can be repeated and after it goes through 3 or 4 people it is a whole different comment than the original - it happens everywhere, not just in prison visiting rooms. Unfortunately, in a prison visiting room those could be harmful, even deadly.
You can't even imagine how many times my friend has told me something he's heard, had me check on it, only to find out it is complete b.s.

I hope nothing ever goes wrong in the visiting room, or back in the dorms, once visiting is over because of this. I know CDCR says it's their way of helping us so our visits are not terminated because of overcrowding, but I can't help but wonder what they will do should there ever be a problem because of the sharing of tables/overcrowding. I guess we will find out if it ever happens.
On another note, I was very happy to see ADA tables back in place. It was a relief to many people.

Now if we can get them to lower the cost of the food we will be golden
The Following User Says Thank You to Karren Ann For This Useful Post:
mrsbaldizan (10-28-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2013, 08:14 AM

Default Issues with visiting on Christmas

I had a 9 AM appointment, was in the visiting room by 9:30. My friend finally came out at 10:30 - he had a C/O call visiting to make sure I was there - nobody ever called back there letting them know he had a visit. (I was about to go ask at the podium when he finally came out).
I'm not the only one this happened to. One girl was there 2 and a half hours waiting for her loved one to come out to the room. When she asked the guard at the podium about it, she was told there was an issue on the yard, but the C/O refused to call back and find out what was up and if he would be out. The visitor finally went out to the guards at the front of the building and they made the calls and managed to get her visitor in there.

The main issue here is that the guard at the podium refused to help this girl.

One other issue was the giving of food to the Porters. They actually help us visitors out a lot, and being Christmas some of them were offered food. When they asked that same C/O at the podium, she told them no, they were not allowed to take food from other visitors.

I hope something can be done about these 2 issues.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:14 AM

You should post these issues on the IFC website. I don't think they come to this website or acknowledge it. The link is on one of the prior posts in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karren Ann View Post
I had a 9 AM appointment, was in the visiting room by 9:30. My friend finally came out at 10:30 - he had a C/O call visiting to make sure I was there - nobody ever called back there letting them know he had a visit. (I was about to go ask at the podium when he finally came out).
I'm not the only one this happened to. One girl was there 2 and a half hours waiting for her loved one to come out to the room. When she asked the guard at the podium about it, she was told there was an issue on the yard, but the C/O refused to call back and find out what was up and if he would be out. The visitor finally went out to the guards at the front of the building and they made the calls and managed to get her visitor in there.

The main issue here is that the guard at the podium refused to help this girl.

One other issue was the giving of food to the Porters. They actually help us visitors out a lot, and being Christmas some of them were offered food. When they asked that same C/O at the podium, she told them no, they were not allowed to take food from other visitors.

I hope something can be done about these 2 issues.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:30 PM

Default IFC

The IFC for VSP is down. I am glad that the person responsible is no longer with IFC .The negative actions of this person continues to show through with the taking down of the web site, I am glad she is gone. Selfishness and narrow mindedness is not what will help us. May we move forward and hopefully we will have a person that is approachable, and a person who will LISTEN to us. We will move forward. Happy NEW YEAR!
The Following User Says Thank You to Joy Juego For This Useful Post:
CloaknDagger (12-31-2014)
Old 12-28-2014, 01:40 PM

I was wondering what had happened but it really wasn't updated all that often anyway.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:11 PM

I liked that site though . It had a lot of info in one area that helped when I was new . Hope someone else will pick it up and revive it. Is the IFC still up and running even though the site is down or did everyone just give up. I never talked to the lady in charge so don't know anything about her. I'm always just thankful someone does it because I live to far away to go to the meetings or I would have signed up. Bet my sons glad I didnt. He use to hate it when I didnt like something at the schools and would call and make a big stink about it . ha
ha. Happy New Year to everyone.

Last edited by 2muchmisery4me; 12-28-2014 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-31-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Juego View Post
The IFC for VSP is down. I am glad that the person responsible is no longer with IFC .The negative actions of this person continues to show through with the taking down of the web site, I am glad she is gone. Selfishness and narrow mindedness is not what will help us. May we move forward and hopefully we will have a person that is approachable, and a person who will LISTEN to us. We will move forward. Happy NEW YEAR!
I totally agree with you and also hope that the new person involved is helpful for all families and not personal issues. We are no longer at VSP but I remember and you are totally on point with your comments!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:11 PM

Default New IFC website!

The IFC is rebuilding! I am the newest member, and so I wanted to come on here and introduce myself. I was also trying to post a link to our new website, but I'm being blocked from doing so. Send me a private message if you would like the link...

Cheri
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheri S For This Useful Post:
Donna May (03-06-2015), jlainnocence (03-14-2015), Pinky L (03-08-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 10:45 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,260 Times in 15,264 Posts

Here is the link for the new IFC website:

www.vsp-ifc.org

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Cheri S (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 11:41 AM

Thanks, patchouli! Just to let everyone know, this site is just getting started and so there's not much there yet. A lot more content will be added in the coming weeks, and we are open to input if there's anything you'd like us to add!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheri S For This Useful Post:
2muchmisery4me (03-06-2015), Donna May (03-06-2015), patchouli (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 10:19 PM

Thanks Cheri S. Looking forward to the new site.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2muchmisery4me For This Useful Post:
Cheri S (03-06-2015)
Old 03-17-2015, 04:44 PM

Default Vsp ifc website

Please check the Newsy Notes as it is being updated regularly. The blog feature is under construction. Hope you enjoy the new site. Lots more to come, so keep checking back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pinky L For This Useful Post:
2muchmisery4me (03-17-2015)