Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions Discussions relating to inmates on Death Row / facing capital punishment in the United States and abroad that don't fit into any of the other forums

Old 11-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Register
Donation Award 

Default (Video) Gov Taft must shut down death machine. Video of execution chamber.(Ohio)

This is a Video made inside Death Row in Ohio about John Spirko. John has received a stay until they can check the DNA. So his execution date is no longer Nov 15 as the video says.
But this video gives you a look inside the death Machine.

Ohio's dour brick "death house" looks as much like an industrial building as part of the Lucasville prison. The building's sole purpose is to perform a one-of-a-kind chemical process. It's the place where public employees inject lethal compounds into the arm of a criminal convict sentenced to die. Dayton Daily News

http://www.daytondailynews.com/opini...encyvideo.html

I personally want to Thank the Dayton Daily News for all the reporting they have done in this case and for giving me permission to post the video, also Eddie Roth for doing the video.

This link has been posted with the permission of daytondailynews.com.

softie
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Account Closed

I want to thank Softie for wanting to post this video clip. It was all done at the Death House in Lucasville, Ohio. Death Row was moved from Lucasville in 1995 to Mansfield, Ohio, but they have recently been moved to Youngstown, Ohio. My husband John Spirko is still in Mansfield, they won't let him move with the rest of death row.

In Ohio you are allowed a contact visit with your family and friends at the Death House the day before your execution, then the morning of the execution you are allowed a cell front visit with one person and you minister.

So, when I watched this video I literally had chills running through me the entire day. I was watching thinking..Ok, I will be sitting there at the cell, then I will be sitting in that veiwing room watching John be murdered. I made myself watch the video a few more times. (weird I know, but my way of dealing with it)

I played that video for John that night so he could listen to it, when I picked the phone back up, he didn't say anything for it seemed like forever. He finally thru his tears said...That is Powerful!! I was thinking what a under statement!!

I'm going to leave it at that for now! Thanks to all of you for your support!

Tracy N John Spirko
Old 11-18-2005, 03:53 PM
fluffy ffs

Its hard hitting facts like this that should be shown to a world wide audience, maybe then enough people will say enough is enough.

Tracy, I have never been inside a prison, and I have no idea how you felt, but I think most people including me , will understand why you played it over and over.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Former Moderator
Donation Award 

When I worked in the prison system full time, it was in Michigan, a state with enough sense to not even have the death penalty. The video is factual, but very chilling. I truly hope and pray that you never have to enter that building Tracy, it would be a grave miscarrage of justice if that ever happened.
Live as if you'll die today
~James Dean~
Old 11-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Register
Donation Award 

Tracy you never have to thank me, you know how much I think of you and John.

All though the video was taken inside Ohio's Death Row and is about John Spirko. I think it is a video that brings home every Death Row across the country. I knew when I posted the video it would be a hard one for people to watch. But the DP is hard and I believe people need to see what goes on.
Witchypoo I agree it should be shown across the country to everyone.

softie
Old 11-19-2005, 08:19 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Wow!

CATHERINE
Old 11-20-2005, 11:35 AM
fluffy ffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by softheart
Tracy you never have to thank me, you know how much I think of you and John.

All though the video was taken inside Ohio's Death Row and is about John Spirko. I think it is a video that brings home every Death Row across the country. I knew when I posted the video it would be a hard one for people to watch. But the DP is hard and I believe people need to see what goes on.
Witchypoo I agree it should be shown across the country to everyone.

softie
It wouldn't be enough to just show it in your own country, hard hitting facts need a world wide audience, As most of the USA has the death penalty it wouldn't cause much of a reaction, but to be shown in country's that don't have the death penalty would be truly shocking.

I live in england and have done all my life , but until I saw 14 days in may I never even thought of the death penalty, I didn't think that stuff like that could still happen in a modern world.

The only way the death penalty would be outlawed right across the USA would be to shame the United States Goverment into changing it.

then maybe other countries would follow suit.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:04 PM

Softheart

Thanks for sharing this. It goes without saying that I hope and pray that John Spirko is not judicially murdered. I am still hoping that one day the US will join civilisation and stop all judicial murders. As I have said before...I loathed Eichman...he was an evil killer with few or no regrets but he still shouldn't have been executed. Karla Faye Tucker on the other hand had an awful life and was a totally reformed person....how she was executed is beyond me. Just pure brutal uncivilised revenge.

Last edited by titantoo; 11-20-2005 at 12:07 PM..
Old 11-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Account Closed

I agree that this video and the others out there like it should be shown all over the world. It's so in your face is what I want to say.
Thanks to all of you for the kind words, John and I appreciate them!!

Tracy N John
Old 11-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,295 Posts

softheart, thank you for putting this video on here!!! It is so powerful and it really hits home!!! Good luck to you Tracy and John, I wish you both all the best.