Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 06-20-2003, 08:50 PM
Devoted Wife and Advocate

Default Parole Attorneys

A member of the PB here has told a family member we need to hire a parole attorny. He says there are ways to get Rodrick out even though he has a 90% crime but we have to know what we are doing. Apaprently there is a lot of paper work and a lot of hoops to jump through. Does anyone know about this? I am NOT speaking about going to meet with the PB b/c I have heard that is a waste, but I am referring to the process of getting someone out.
*...All things work for good for those who love GOD..* Rom. 8:28
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Account Closed

I'm moving this to the Parole forum because if GA has the creature known as a parole attorney, you'll find a few posts there about his cousin, the Texas parole attorney.

You'll find (with a search..--do you know how to work the keyword search here?) that a few other places put stock in having an atty to do (I don't know what, personally) for a potential parolee.

I don't know if the theory is that having an atty on hand is a 'big hired gun' thing, or if it is a new racket for attornies to fill down time, or if for some reason a parole board can't function with just themselves and a candidate...

Leery of the too good to be true thing .
Is the point (mentioning the 90%) of the attorney to bring him up for parole consideration a helluvalot earlier than he otherwise would be? Is the point to have this fellow somehow secure a parole FOR the candidate? Is the point to just have someone handy at a hearing who isn't family?

I marvel at this parole attorney thing. Please tell me what you've been told, or expect he can actually do...
Old 06-20-2003, 09:34 PM

I did a parole attorney search and it brought up everything with the words in it and it was way too much to sift through. I am not a 100% about what this attorney would actually do. I am supposed to talk to him next week. The guy on the board insinuated that there are ways to get him out but we would never understand what all to do. I don't really know. I am hoping to learn more when I talk to the attorney. I had read so much about this not being necessary and then a member of the PB said to stop wasting $ on the attorney we have, get a parole attorney from outside this area etc. I don't know.....I will keep you posted! Thanks for your input!
Old 06-21-2003, 07:08 PM

I was wondering did someone on the parole board suggest you get an attorney? I am in the same situation in Ga. and I was trying to decide if I should retain an attorney or not. I have tried to refrain from contacting the board as others have said to much contact could hurt her chances.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:40 PM

does anyone know if my hubby has nomore parole hearing dates if a attorney could help now he has 27 months left before will max out ..
Old 06-22-2003, 09:20 PM

Yes, a board member told thefamily that a parole attorney would know the papers to file etc. and get him out as soon as the law would allow. He told us the 90% was not a written in stone thing and a lot of other things would be considered. It is possible "too much" contact could hurt, but I do not think it hurts to know someone on the board. I plan to talk to an attorney this week and check it out. I think the value of such an attorney varies frm state to state.
Old 07-26-2003, 11:10 PM

I heard of a Parole Attorney I think his name was Paul Hempel But now I can't find anything .Can someone help me?
Old 08-06-2003, 08:10 PM

The Parole Attorney will just prepare a package for you that he would prsent to the PB. He will ask you what it is that you exactly want to do ex: program early parole, release to another state. It is actually a waste of time. I put together a parole package and sent it to the parole board myself. When I found a parole attorney that said, "He would help me, he asked for my package I put together and the fee would be $8000.00. I think it is a waste of time. Good luck to you. go to Lawyers.com search for Parol and Probation for your state.