Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Pennsylvania.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:50 AM

Default looking for info on institutions near philly??

Hi everyone. My "husband" is currently in SCI Fayette and has written me saying that something is about to break out there and he put in for a transfer to a prison closer to home (philly) I am trying to get info on prisons on this side of the state, mainly Dallas,Mahanoy,coal township,waymart,retreat. i'm just hoping for any feedback-good or bad that anyone who visits there can give me. He is level 2- minimum/medium security prison. He had a clean record with one speeding ticket when he started delivering drugs for his roommate to people who wanted the drugs-he was trying to make extra money to pay off his college debt before we got married. He made a dumb mistake because we have a son and he was an active and great father and now of course my son is all messed up. (he is 6) He was also dumb because he was privledged to be in this country from guatemala legally and now because it is concidered an AGGRAVATED crime they are deporting him. I think its ashame that they would do this to our family when my husband never hurt anyone and yet celebrity's get off with murder all the time and even people who assault people seem to be back on the street. I guess to keep him in our lives i have to take my blond american ass to guatemala...great!anyway if anyone has any info i would greatly appreciate it and if anyone needs info on fayette i can provide! Thank you kind people!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:59 PM

You can go on the website...www.cor.state.pa.us and then go to institutions and there will be a map of pa. Philly is in south east pa....so you can see all the institutions. There is Chester, Graterford, and Camp Hill...they are the closest. Camp Hill is actually Harrisburgh...but its pretty close to Philly.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:11 PM

My man is in Mahanoy. It's medium security and it isn't too bad as far as prisons go. Frackville is down the road and from what I heard (forgive me if I am wrong) is far worse. Newer, visiting room is nice and has a children's room. Never had any problems with visits. f you want any other info just PM me!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Papa's weakness

My man is also at Mahano. He has been there for almost five years and we haven't had any problems per say. mack ahs an issue with his temper but over the years he has matured. His counselor is helpful and supportive. The CO's don't give us a really hard time during visits. I like it for the most part. I also heard Frackville wasn't that great with mail, food and visits.

Mack has ALL my love on lock!!
Taking you away for me/would be no damn good me/said I need you in my life/no one could compare to you
Old 01-21-2008, 08:28 PM

Mittenz, I am glad to hear your man's counselor is helpful! My man said his isn't but it could be because he probably doesn't utilize her or him very often. I also saw your post about needing a ride...if I wasn't coming from Pittsburgh I would have been happy to help you out but since I am coming so far we always stay the night.