Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Place news, info and events relating to the prison, criminal justice and legal system in the State of Ohio in this forum.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:50 PM

Default ManCI Lock Down

It appears there is a hostage situation everyone on lock down it appears it is now under under control . Wonder what went dow

Last edited by auntie2; 10-18-2015 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: Up date
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auntie2 For This Useful Post:
David (10-24-2015), Quetz (10-19-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2015, 12:17 AM
Northern Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie2 View Post
It appears there is a hostage situation everyone on lock down it appears it is now under under control . Wonder what went dow
thank you so much for an update. I wondered.

"Dios sabe porque hace las cosas"
The Following User Says Thank You to Quetz For This Useful Post:
auntie2 (10-19-2015)
Old 10-19-2015, 12:32 AM
Northern Star

Post ManCI lockdown - Hostage incident

MANSFIELD - Mansfield Correctional Institution was placed on lock down status Sunday in response to a hostage situation.

ManCI Lockdown - Hostage incident - Link

David (10-24-2015)
Old 10-19-2015, 09:29 AM

Default ManCI

Lockdown: Everything back to normal at Mansfield Correctional Institution. There is no NORMAL there!
The Following User Says Thank You to auntie2 For This Useful Post:
Quetz (10-19-2015)
Old 10-19-2015, 06:59 PM
Northern Star

Still on lockdown, only got out for 1 hour (today) for phone/jpay/shower; then they locked down again. Hopefully everything will be back to "usual" lol since there really is not "normal" there! Thank you so much auntie2 for your updates through the day; they really help me a lot.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:25 PM

Thanked 1,150 Times in 307 Posts

I got a message from my son today~ still on a semi lockdown. They are allowed movement in their pods but still no outside movement. Seems like there is more to this story than we are hearing? A few years back when an inmates escaped they weren't on lockdown this long.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:46 AM
Northern Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRi View Post
I got a message from my son today~ still on a semi lockdown. They are allowed movement in their pods but still no outside movement. Seems like there is more to this story than we are hearing? A few years back when an inmates escaped they weren't on lockdown this long.
If you don't mind me asking, is he in A or B? A is completely back to "usual"; They are going to start getting stricter at ManCI. The papers/news are reporting that the CO union is worried about the safety of the CO's at ManCI due to understaffing ... see article (link below)

link

MANSFIELD, Ohio -
The union representing most of the employees at Ohio state prisons is blaming a practice at the Mansfield Correctional Institution for an eleven hour hostage crisis perpetrated by a Youngstown man serving two life sentences for murdering two people in Trumbull County.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
If you don't mind me asking, is he in A or B? A is completely back to "usual"; They are going to start getting stricter at ManCI. The papers/news are reporting that the CO union is worried about the safety of the CO's at ManCI due to understaffing ... see article (link below)

link

MANSFIELD, Ohio -
The union representing most of the employees at Ohio state prisons is blaming a practice at the Mansfield Correctional Institution for an eleven hour hostage crisis perpetrated by a Youngstown man serving two life sentences for murdering two people in Trumbull County.
I'm not sure if he's A or B I think he's in A~ I remember a few years back when Manci started using the A and B. B's had much less movement. My son has been at Manci 10 years now, has never had a ticket not a trouble maker. He got stuck in the B building for a few weeks and was very upset b/c of that. He said that was the hardest time he'd had since going to prison. B's were for the new guys and the troublemakers so I can imagine how difficult it was. I do know my son is on the North Side. He called today and said he still can't go to work or school. The only inmates allowed to go to work are the kitchen workers. They are allowed movement in their pods so they can use the phones and kiosks for jpay and they did go to the store for commissary. He did say the guy who caused the problems was from his pod. He said, " he caused all these problems and leaves us in a wake of crap." I've been seeing a lot of new young CO's so maybe not enough experienced CO's also. It was good to hear his voice today, I was trying not to worry..
Old 10-23-2015, 10:14 PM
Northern Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRi View Post
I'm not sure if he's A or B I think he's in A~ I remember a few years back when Manci started using the A and B. B's had much less movement. My son has been at Manci 10 years now, has never had a ticket not a trouble maker. He got stuck in the B building for a few weeks and was very upset b/c of that. He said that was the hardest time he'd had since going to prison. B's were for the new guys and the troublemakers so I can imagine how difficult it was. I do know my son is on the North Side. He called today and said he still can't go to work or school. The only inmates allowed to go to work are the kitchen workers. They are allowed movement in their pods so they can use the phones and kiosks for jpay and they did go to the store for commissary. He did say the guy who caused the problems was from his pod. He said, " he caused all these problems and leaves us in a wake of crap." I've been seeing a lot of new young CO's so maybe not enough experienced CO's also. It was good to hear his voice today, I was trying not to worry..
huh.. small world, your son must be in A. My LO is in A and also said that the guy that was responsible for the hostage situation was in his pod. They have not had REC this week. My LO has been able to go to work (he doesn't work in the kitchen). The CO are being more "difficult". I suppose with reason, it only takes one person to ruin it for the rest.

RaRi (10-24-2015)
Old 10-24-2015, 03:21 PM

It IS a small world Quetz! I wonder if I didn't meet you a few weeks ago? If so I was the lady talking about getting stuck in Detroit's rush hour traffic.