Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 04-04-2020, 01:09 AM

Question Visitation Appeal letter advice

For the past 2 years my husband has been in Clarinda Correctional Facility here in IA. Also for the past 2 years I have seen him a total of ZERO times because I have been denied visitation and lost ever set of appeals that I have done. I have also wrote the warden. Reason for denial is that I am on probation and because of my criminal background. My background is drug charges and i have never been co-defendent of my husband , never been a victim , and never had a domestic of any kind. Right now I am working on an appeal letter to the visitation people and I also am going to write the assistant warden because from what I have been told (and read online too) that is who I need to write. Obviously I can't change my background but I have gotten my p.o's ok to go, however she ain't gonna go outta her way to help me get approved so I am on my own to write this letter and persuade the prison to change their minds and grant me a special circumstances approval. I know there's no visitations for any if the prisons right now due to the covid-19 but I need to get this done before my appeal time frame is up.
I'm feeling very overwhelmed because I have failed at persuading them to approve me for the past 2 years. Does anyone have any experience similar to this in the Iowa prison system? Any helpful advice? Thank you and all feedback is appreciated!
Sponsored Links