Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-08-2020, 08:16 AM
Babybaits419 Babybaits419 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA ny
Posts: 77
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default PO said early release because of Covid 19: How soon will he be released?

My fiance was supposed to be released July 15th. I received a call Friday from his PO telling me that he's being released this week because of Covid 19. I was so thrilled to hear that, that I didn't ask her what day this week. I just called her up now, and she told me that she's waiting to receive an email with the date. I guess this is from Albany. I know this is a new situation, but does anyone know how soon his release could possibly be? I've been waiting almost 4 years for this, so you could imagine how anxious I am to know.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-08-2020, 09:02 AM
ambermarshall11 ambermarshall11 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Nys
Posts: 791
Thanks: 9
Thanked 234 Times in 170 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybaits419 View Post
My fiance was supposed to be released July 15th. I received a call Friday from his PO telling me that he's being released this week because of Covid 19. I was so thrilled to hear that, that I didn't ask her what day this week. I just called her up now, and she told me that she's waiting to receive an email with the date. I guess this is from Albany. I know this is a new situation, but does anyone know how soon his release could possibly be? I've been waiting almost 4 years for this, so you could imagine how anxious I am to know.
Congratulations mine comes home on the. July 7th they didn't let him come home early your lucky it could possibly be this week they just gotta get the paper work together and stuff happy for you i no hes happy to
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-08-2020, 09:22 AM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is offline
Moderator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 3,664
Thanks: 568
Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,174 Posts
Default

If they are within 90 days, they could come home at any point. They need to verify a few things first and process the paperwork.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-08-2020, 09:26 AM
Babybaits419 Babybaits419 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA ny
Posts: 77
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Congratulations mine comes home on the. July 7th they didn't let him come home early your lucky it could possibly be this week they just gotta get the paper work together and stuff happy for you i no hes happy to
Yes, we're so damn happy but it's driving us crazy not knowing when it's going to be. Being that this is an early release, I'm hoping that once the facility knows when he's getting out they'll let him know, even if it's a day in advance. I'm gonna be the one picking him up so it would be good to know. Good luck with yours. I know you're excited.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-08-2020, 09:28 AM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is offline
Moderator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 3,664
Thanks: 568
Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,174 Posts
Default

Have you check the website to see if it has updated? I know they have been back logged.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-08-2020, 09:30 AM
Babybaits419 Babybaits419 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA ny
Posts: 77
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
If they are within 90 days, they could come home at any point. They need to verify a few things first and process the paperwork.
Yes, I know all of that. I'm just wondering how fast this could be. I mean, this past Friday she said he'll be getting released this week. Now she just says she's waiting for the email.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-08-2020, 09:32 AM
Babybaits419 Babybaits419 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA ny
Posts: 77
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Have you check the website to see if it has updated? I know they have been back logged.
If you're referring to the inmate locator page, yes, I've been checking multiple times a day. I was wondering if that would even change, but I assume it would.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-08-2020, 09:52 AM
Babybaits419 Babybaits419 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA ny
Posts: 77
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I just spoke to him. I don't think I'm going by what his PO said. My fiance told me that people who are getting released early have been called down to sign some papers and being told when they're being released about 1 to 2 weeks before that date. He hasn't even been called down yet.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-08-2020, 10:15 AM
ambermarshall11 ambermarshall11 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Nys
Posts: 791
Thanks: 9
Thanked 234 Times in 170 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybaits419 View Post
Yes, we're so damn happy but it's driving us crazy not knowing when it's going to be. Being that this is an early release, I'm hoping that once the facility knows when he's getting out they'll let him know, even if it's a day in advance. I'm gonna be the one picking him up so it would be good to know. Good luck with yours. I know you're excited.
Yeah i feel ya mines is on keep lock till he comes home smh he got in trouble sucks but at least he knows hes coming home hopefully yours will be soon the inmates always talk they don't no what's going on
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-08-2020, 01:00 PM
Ms Sunny Ms Sunny is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 2,217
Thanked 1,213 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybaits419 View Post
I just spoke to him. I don't think I'm going by what his PO said. My fiance told me that people who are getting released early have been called down to sign some papers and being told when they're being released about 1 to 2 weeks before that date. He hasn't even been called down yet.
Usually a sign out for a C-73 early release is within a few days. Because Albany makes list and field has to be notified to approve, and as long as he has conditions either set by a parole appearance, or his papers went to a parole board, the address approval means itís moving along speedily.

Has he told you about parole release conditions, or called parole decision?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-08-2020, 03:08 PM
Babybaits419 Babybaits419 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA ny
Posts: 77
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
Usually a sign out for a C-73 early release is within a few days. Because Albany makes list and field has to be notified to approve, and as long as he has conditions either set by a parole appearance, or his papers went to a parole board, the address approval means it’s moving along speedily.

Has he told you about parole release conditions, or called parole decision?
He already received his release conditions about a week or 2 ago. What I was told by the facility was that it first went to his PO to get approved, which I suppose she did because she's the one who told me he was getting out this week. Then it has to go to Albany and then the facility will get a date for release. According to what she already knows, he can't stay here because of my son's dog and might have to go to DSS for a place to go. Is that still good enough for an early release? My main question is, if there's still no date, how soon can this happen?

Last edited by Babybaits419; 06-08-2020 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Ms Sunny Ms Sunny is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 2,217
Thanked 1,213 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Because with this release, all the different components have to be done then Albany will give date. With Covid they have been giving undomiciled vouchers for hotel if NYC and Bellevue is the only option. Basically, since it’s an unplanned release, ( not regular date), they need all the puzzle pieces done. Then he signs several forms related to this early release.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-23-2020, 04:47 PM
K610 K610 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: NYS
Posts: 24
Thanks: 5
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

hi does anyone know what the early release process is. my lo got his conditions paper that he signed and then a week later he got a letter about his time, everyone signed it, then his couns called him down said he will be out in 2 weeks called him down next day and said well I shouldn't of said 2 weeks but it will be soon. so then he is called down again to sign new cond papers cause consuler lost them. so his cr is sept but they said he will be out by them parole calander doesn't have him listed thou he got a open date whats that mean .. thank u im new to this
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-23-2020, 05:23 PM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is offline
Moderator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 3,664
Thanks: 568
Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,174 Posts
Default

With COVID early releases, they can be sent home within 90 days on their CR. He will receive a date and will let you know. Did the nysdoccs website earliestbrelease date update yet?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-23-2020, 05:48 PM
Ms Sunny Ms Sunny is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 2,217
Thanked 1,213 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K610 View Post
hi does anyone know what the early release process is. my lo got his conditions paper that he signed and then a week later he got a letter about his time, everyone signed it, then his couns called him down said he will be out in 2 weeks called him down next day and said well I shouldn't of said 2 weeks but it will be soon. so then he is called down again to sign new cond papers cause consuler lost them. so his cr is sept but they said he will be out by them parole calander doesn't have him listed thou he got a open date whats that mean .. thank u im new to this
What parole board did he appear in front of, and on his time comp what does it say for parole eligibility date?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-24-2020, 12:58 PM
K610 K610 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: NYS
Posts: 24
Thanks: 5
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

he didn't appear, he just got his release conditions papers, he said he is wating to be called down for a date, guess paper work is heading to Albany his online doc says parole board date july 2020 but he got those papers and his date is sept. but they said he is getting early release but his name is not on parole calander they said he has open date.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-24-2020, 12:59 PM
K610 K610 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: NYS
Posts: 24
Thanks: 5
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
With COVID early releases, they can be sent home within 90 days on their CR. He will receive a date and will let you know. Did the nysdoccs website earliestbrelease date update yet?
no it's still saying september
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-24-2020, 01:04 PM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is offline
Moderator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 3,664
Thanks: 568
Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,174 Posts
Default

It is considered a furlough until they hit their CR date. He will be notified when this will take place. They will ask if he needs a bus ticket or not.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-24-2020, 01:31 PM
Ms Sunny Ms Sunny is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 2,217
Thanked 1,213 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Yup One Day on the nose. You won’t see a date change online because this CL-73 release carries them as if on furlough, with additional conditions, until he hits his actual open date. He will be told, and there will be time for parole field to check and approve address, and transportation. Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-24-2020, 02:53 PM
K610 K610 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: NYS
Posts: 24
Thanks: 5
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

thank you. so it's a wait and see but he would get out before the cr date
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-24-2020, 03:04 PM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is offline
Moderator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 3,664
Thanks: 568
Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,174 Posts
Default

Yes, up to 90 days prior, which is why it is an open date.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-24-2020, 03:51 PM
K610 K610 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: NYS
Posts: 24
Thanks: 5
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

thank you
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-01-2020, 02:46 PM
K610 K610 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: NYS
Posts: 24
Thanks: 5
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Still no update , this counsel person called him down to sign reenter program but he has signed his conditions papers , Medicare papers , he is being released to DSs address , so what else is there for wait for ? Just Albany ? It’s been almost 3 weeks
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to K610 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-01-2020)
  #24  
Old 07-01-2020, 04:37 PM
Ms Sunny Ms Sunny is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 2,217
Thanked 1,213 Times in 533 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K610 View Post
Still no update , this counsel person called him down to sign reenter program but he has signed his conditions papers , Medicare papers , he is being released to DSs address , so what else is there for wait for ? Just Albany ? Itís been almost 3 weeks
It will be any time now. I know itís frustrating but itís still going to be earlier than July 15. Itís a very stressful time for all. I hope he finds out soon.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-01-2020, 07:18 PM
K610 K610 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: NYS
Posts: 24
Thanks: 5
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I’ll keep you updated . Thanks again
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you think your wife/girlfriend might be released early due to Covid-19 WaitingWilkes Wives & Girlfriends in Prison 25 07-13-2020 11:17 PM
Covid 19 early release mn Pappasolson Minnesota Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information 3 05-14-2020 06:24 AM
Early release for Covid, but with house arrest planetman Illinois Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news and information 1 04-10-2020 09:16 AM
Will victims be notified of inmate's release if released due to Covid-19? ambermarshall11 New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release 2 04-05-2020 10:04 AM
Up to 4000 UK prisoners to be released early due to the spread of Covid 19 maytayah United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics 0 04-04-2020 10:47 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics