Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in New Jersey, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 04-08-2020, 06:56 AM
Donation Award 

Default Watching Covid-19 in NJ Prisons

I was provided the chart to follow by Prison Talk for NJ to keep an eye on for the Coronavirus people/inmates are infected in NJ Prisons which I thank very much. I was talking at the time about how may prisoners were being taking out of their home prisons and transported to another prison because of all the coronavirus symptoms. I look at this chart today and see that there are 100 CO's that have the virus and only 9 inmates. Why is that...We know that these CO's are around the prisoners at all times and the math just doesn't add up. We know that the prisoners do not have mask, gloves etc. enough disinfectant that have in it what is needed for killing the germ. We know these prisoners are in close contact with each other because they live only 2 feet away from each other. What we don't know is if these prisoners that are take away are being given the test and we know if they are it is days sometimes weeks before that test comes back. It all just doesn't make sense. I am one person who wishes God For Bid anybody gets this virus and so hoping if they do there is no death. They are all together and putting them in isolation in one room or their cell is another epidemic waiting to happen. This situation is going to stir up new and old PTSD onto of other depression. Speak out save maybe your loved one or someone else's loved one. We are not just talking about Prisoners we are talk anybody that is in the Prison System, Workers, CO's, Administrators this virus is not Bias to anyone, everyone is an Equal.
The Following User Says Thank You to JHarr For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-08-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2020, 05:24 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,605 Times in 17,338 Posts

NJ DOC hasn't updated the FAQ section (https://www.state.nj.us/corrections/...9Updates.shtml) on their covid-19 page since March 31st. 8 days....a lot has happened in 8 days and whatever they're doing to protect both inmates & staff has surely changed / increased in those 8 days. I would think the most rational course of action is to release asap those who would be released anyway within the next 6 months - 1 year.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-09-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 05:53 PM
Donation Award 

I Thank You very much for keeping on top of this also. My feeling is they should release all Federal and State who have 2 years due to get out along with non-violent and prisoners that went to jail for marijuana. The first that should be released is the ones that fall under all of that if they have medical problems. I do see this going to be a major law suits because they still have civil rights. There really can't only be 9 inmates with the virus when I know of at least 35 that have it. This will lesson the amount of CO's that will come down with it and along with they will be able to have a prison to use for the sick.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:00 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,231 Times in 13,894 Posts

I've noticed, but have not been surprised at the reactions of some/many police, sheriffs, prosecutors, etc. who are doing everything in their power to keep folks locked up for petty crap that would only result in an arrest here in the "land of the free". The number of inmates in pretrial jail incarceration for unpaid parking tickets, an inability to afford bail for petty offenses, etc. etc. is unbelievable, and unconscionable.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:16 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,865 Times in 2,294 Posts

They are going to start releasing some prisoners in NJ.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-11-2020), GingerM (04-11-2020)