Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:37 PM

Default Prisons use of solitary confinement explodes with Covid 19

Prisons’ Use of Solitary Confinement Explodes with the COVID-19 Pandemic, While Advocates Push for Alternatives

On April 1, the federal Bureau of Prisons activated its first nationwide lockdown in nearly 25 years. In an effort to limit the spread of the coronavirus, the nearly 146,000 men and women held in BOP facilities are spending 14 days confined to their cells for up to 24 hours a day, in what is effectively solitary confinement.

The BOP press release announcing the lockdown said that programs and services “such as mental health treatment and education” would be provided “to the extent practicable”—which, according to anecdotal accounts from the inside, is hardly at all. All visits were banned weeks ago, and with longstanding staffing shortages made worse by the virus, there are no guarantees of showers, clean laundry, or phone calls, either.

Read Full Article below:
https://solitarywatch.org/2020/04/10...-alternatives/

Edited by Admin to conform with PTO Copyright Rules

Last edited by patchouli; 07-18-2020 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: PTO Copyright Rules
The Following User Says Thank You to frees For This Useful Post:
She'sMyAngel (08-04-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2020, 04:06 PM

Damn. Harsh conditions made harder. Unpopular as I may be, my small country went into full lockdown, also knows as house arrest for 6 weeks. We are now benefiting from that. as horrible as it is for these poor people, and it is horrible, I can't think of another way given their limited resources available to keep them as safe as possible without some form of lockdown. I'm of course open to any other method, but this virus is rapid moving and a killer. We need to keep our people safe cause lord knows the prison system don't give them good care as it is and I doubt they are pandemic prepared. Cause they dont give a damn about our loved ones. So, lockdown sucks, but I promise you that it's the best available way right now and our best chance of seeing the people we love

This for those of you who may think you know none affected. Now you do. My Aunt died alone whith a beautiful soul of a nurse holding her hand and us in facetime. The life of my amazing beautiful intelligent Aunt, a phd in law and only 51 drained away as oxygen dropped and she couldn't breath and she knew she was dying. it was horrific. We are coping with covid much better now, but I be you all for Gods sake wear a mask. My beloved aunt is gone and we are traumatised. Masks up people, and wash dem hands!

Last edited by She'sMyAngel; 08-04-2020 at 04:38 PM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to She'sMyAngel For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-04-2020), Guy’sGirl74 (08-05-2020), patchouli (08-04-2020), safran (08-04-2020), sidewalker (08-05-2020), YOGA62 (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 06:38 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,599 Times in 17,334 Posts

Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the passing of your beloved aunt.

My Mom (85) contracted covid. We were fortunate because, even though she thought - we all thought - that she was dying, she survived.

Thanks for the gentle reminder to all why we should all wear masks in public.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 08-04-2020 at 06:42 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (08-05-2020), She'sMyAngel (08-05-2020), sidewalker (08-05-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 06:39 PM

Thank you Patchouli. It's funny that I never grew out of my adoration of her.

I was just trying to make a point, I see everywhere that people don't believe it's real and feel not wearing a mask is a human right, which is not my place to argue, but I KNOW masks save lives. You will probably be fine. the elderly lady next to you in line at supermarket will likely not and she will thank you for taking that brief care of those around you. we all will. that's how we are all going to get through this.

I'm stoked your mum was able to rally and get to feeling better. I'll celebrate any victory this year!

Last edited by She'sMyAngel; 08-05-2020 at 06:42 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to She'sMyAngel For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-05-2020)