Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:18 PM

Default No shoes or clothing in securepak

CAN SOME TELL ME WHAT SITE SELL CLOTHING AND SHOES TO SEND TO LO. I WENT TO THE SECUREPAK AND IT ONLY HAVE EVERYTHING BUTCLOTHING. WHEN I JOINED THIS SITE, SECUREPAK WAS RECOMMENDED AND THEIR SITE SHOWED THAT. NOW THAT I'VE BEEN APPROVED, NONE OF THOSE CLOTHING AND TENNIES SHOES ARE ON THE SITE. PLEASE HELP
The Following User Says Thank You to babylove1 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-19-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2019, 08:32 PM

There is only food
Old 06-10-2019, 08:59 PM

So where do you buy your lo shoes, and clothes. What site is that. My lo is asking me to buy these items,
Old 06-10-2019, 10:04 PM

I think you send them money & they buy it themselves
Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove1 View Post
So where do you buy your lo shoes, and clothes. What site is that. My lo is asking me to buy these items,
Old 06-10-2019, 10:16 PM

I just got off my chat with them. they told me that the facility determine this and that inventory is replenished every 14 days if not later. they told me that I need to check everyday to see the update on the site. so, I guess if my LO is new there right now, DOC determines what they can have purchased for them. that is not fair because my LO is asking me to buy these items because shoes, shorts, tshirts, underwear are extremely expensive in the prison store. I have not heard from my LO yet. the site finally open for me to make purchases. so I can only assume that I have been approved.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:43 AM
here

I have never seen clothing items on SecurePac. The only way they can get them is to put money on their books, and then they buy from commissary.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
CAN SOME TELL ME WHAT SITE SELL CLOTHING AND SHOES TO SEND TO LO. I WENT TO THE SECUREPAK AND IT ONLY HAVE EVERYTHING BUTCLOTHING. WHEN I JOINED THIS SITE, SECUREPAK WAS RECOMMENDED AND THEIR SITE SHOWED THAT. NOW THAT I'VE BEEN APPROVED, NONE OF THOSE CLOTHING AND TENNIES SHOES ARE ON THE SITE. PLEASE HELP
You have to send them the funds to their books, then they order clothing. It's not that expensive, I know tennis shoes are only $20.00, and socks are $1.00/pair. The Secure package does give you the option to order products that are better quality than what they can get themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee4life For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-19-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 08:35 PM

thank you for the information AZ fam. have a great rest of your evening.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:56 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,684 Times in 644 Posts

Securepak has food, hygiene items, and occasionally some other items. Once, in 7 years, they had socks.

As everyone stated, the only way to get clothes, like sneakers, socks, and sweathshirts, or electronics such as CD player, TV, headphones, is to put money on his books so he can order them from the commissary.

My son bought the $20 sneakers a couple of times, and they fell apart quickly. He actually sewed the soles back on a pair one time. After the 3rd pair fell apart, each pair lasting less than 3 months, he bought the $40 ones instead. They were better quality and held up longer.

Keep in mind that any money you send him, a portion will be taken out toward his "gate fee" (which he gets back on a bank card when he is released) and for his fines and court costs (the rate for this is 20 to 40 percent and the amount and rate are set forth in his sentencing order).

While technically illegal under the DOC rules - the inmates have their own store that they set up and he can buy things from there cheaper many times. The guards all know these stores exist, but usually don't interfere unless problems come up. Inmates who are being released soon often "sell" their stuff to other inmates. The problem arises when they do their searches and decide to compare their official records concerning what an inmate owns against what is actually in their "house".. If you hear a reference such as "yard TV", that is what they are referring to. Some inmates are willing to take the risk of spending $25 for a yard TV that they may lose over paying $250 or more to the commissary for an official TV.
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee4life View Post
You have to send them the funds to their books, then they order clothing. It's not that expensive, I know tennis shoes are only $20.00, and socks are $1.00/pair. The Secure package does give you the option to order products that are better quality than what they can get themselves.
So there aren't hygiene products. It's just the food that is better quality? (I'm still waiting to be approved.)
Old 06-19-2019, 11:36 AM

No there are hygiene, just bot clothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari dunn View Post
So there aren't hygiene products. It's just the food that is better quality? (I'm still waiting to be approved.)
The Following User Says Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
No there are hygiene, just not clothing
Awesome!!! I want to get him hygiene stuff.

Thank you.

What is the tax or fee they add onto the pak?
Old 06-19-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Thank you.

It will tell you at the end, im not sure exactly
Old 06-19-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:

Thank you.

With a subtotal of $80 - Tax was $3.20 and $6.95 shipping fee.
All together $90.15
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 06:23 PM

I just wanted to add my experience to this forum. if you don't spend the total allowance, you cant go back and buy more. I spent 4o0dollars one day and because the chat person told me one thing about items being replenished, I decide to go back to see. nope, I can't order until the next period. so hopefully the shampoo, and some of the items that were sold out will be in stock for me to purchase later. hope this helps
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babylove1 For This Useful Post:
Aa24 (06-24-2019), kari dunn (06-19-2019), Sylph (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 07:51 PM
here

Quote:
I just wanted to add my experience to this forum. if you don't spend the total allowance, you cant go back and buy more. I spent 4o0dollars one day and because the chat person told me one thing about items being replenished, I decide to go back to see. nope, I can't order until the next period. so hopefully the shampoo, and some of the items that were sold out will be in stock for me to purchase later. hope this helps
Oh yes. Especially important when they are on a lower phase and can't get one every month. Always max out as close as you can to the $80.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sylph For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-19-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 01:16 PM

Default NOT impressed with SecurePak prices after tax and handling fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
With a subtotal of $80 - Tax was $3.20 and $6.95 shipping fee.
All together $90.15
HMMMM, Wow, thank you.

That's almost 9%.
I clicked on a bookmark I had saved to my phone and it took me into the catalog directly without logging in (PC always made me log in first.) That was a disappointing experience, I saw "SPENDING LIMIT" and his name and I thought I was APPROVED. but when I went to my computer and logged into the account it said I wasn't approved.

And according to the Commissary list from Cibola March 2019, they are only charged 4% tax for food and 10.7% for non-food.

So back to using my phone, I could look at catalog until I started adding items into a cart. I wasn't impressed with the hygiene. They were all the same as the store list except a couple things, there was a 2oz Tresemme Shampoo for $1.50 but Commissary store list has 15 oz choices for same prices. Some of the things like lotions were higher in the SecurePak than the exact same description in store list. I wish there was a lot more hygiene. I'm really frustrated at their lack of selection.

The food prices that I briefly looked at were the same Ramen .64
And there wasn't anything on there (that I briefly) found that wasn't on store list.
I know the surprise factor is fun, but money is very tight, so right now I guess I'm thinking I will just spread it out instead and add the money to his books instead of waiting until I am approved for SecurePaks.

Last edited by kari dunn; 06-20-2019 at 01:19 PM..
Old 06-21-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
HMMMM, Wow, thank you.

That's almost 9%.

And according to the Commissary list from Cibola March 2019, they are only charged 4% tax for food and 10.7% for non-food.

The food prices that I briefly looked at were the same Ramen .64
And there wasn't anything on there (that I briefly) found that wasn't on store list.
I know the surprise factor is fun, but money is very tight, so right now I guess I'm thinking I will just spread it out instead and add the money to his books instead of waiting until I am approved for SecurePaks.

Tax is 4% that is the $3.20.

I always put money on his books cause like you said, it pretty much is the same and he doesn't really need any of the special items anyway.
Only time ive sent paks was when he cant order himself. He gives me the codes on what to order, its usually like $60 and lasts him awhile but I sent the whole $80 to throw in extra things I know he would like but wont ask for.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
Tax is 4% that is the $3.20.

I always put money on his books cause like you said, it pretty much is the same and he doesn't really need any of the special items anyway.
Only time ive sent paks was when he cant order himself. He gives me the codes on what to order, its usually like $60 and lasts him awhile but I sent the whole $80 to throw in extra things I know he would like but wont ask for.
Right, but with the shipping fee, it's 8.8%. Not a huge amount. Money is just tight so I'm debating out loud.

There's no mail from him except for the very first letter. I have too much time on my hands waiting to be approved for calls, visits, then the first Pak. So biding time getting info if to send one or let him have the money for other things like clothes and a fan.

And I'm just mostly really disappointed at the lack of hygiene stuff or other stuff in general. That would have been a huge surprise/gift for him that I would have been willing to sacrifice extra for right now.

I see in the drop-down menu that there is an option for July-Dec 2019 so maybe there will be a new stocking of products, hopefully not too many increases in prices for everyone then.

Thank you again for your info and help. That is also a good point about getting some things that they might not get themselves.

Last edited by kari dunn; 06-21-2019 at 05:02 PM..