Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:41 PM

Default Cacf geo / Central Arizona Correctional: need info on mail, packages visits

Hi all, Iím trying to find out information about CACF GEO and honestly Iím having a hard time finding any information about this facility other than itís a private SO facility and that you shouldnít wear a bra with underwire to visits. My husband gave me his mailbox number but when I look at the mailing address online I donít see where it says to add their box number?

Also, has anyone sent care packages to this facility? Do I have to wait to send a care package till I get phone and visitation approval? I keep going to the website for the packages and it says that Iím not approved! Itís a little frustrating! Really though any information about this facility that anyone could provide would be appreciated!! Thank you in advance for any advice or assistance!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bonnie831 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-19-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2019, 11:39 PM

Can’t send a securepak until approved for visits to any facility that’s how those work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-15-2019), patchouli (03-14-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 08:53 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,684 Times in 644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie831 View Post
Hi all, I’m trying to find out information about CACF GEO and honestly I’m having a hard time finding any information about this facility other than it’s a private SO facility and that you shouldn’t wear a bra with underwire to visits. My husband gave me his mailbox number but when I look at the mailing address online I don’t see where it says to add their box number?

Also, has anyone sent care packages to this facility? Do I have to wait to send a care package till I get phone and visitation approval? I keep going to the website for the packages and it says that I’m not approved! It’s a little frustrating! Really though any information about this facility that anyone could provide would be appreciated!! Thank you in advance for any advice or assistance!!
To send him mail you use the following address;
Central Arizona Correctional Facility
Name, ADC #
PO Box 9600
Florence, AZ 85132-9600

Make sure that any mail clearly shows who it is from (your full name inside and your return address on the envelope). I ran into the problem of sending a post card signed Love, Mom that was considered contraband because who it was from was not clearly identified. Mail doesn't require you be approved for phone/visits.

IN AZ there are no "care" packages like some other states allow. You can only send things through Securepak and how often depends on his phase. The system won't allow you to send more than he is permitted, but you will want to max out what you send him if he can only receive them every 2 or 3 months rather than monthly. Also, since they add a fee to your order, I max out and send them on alternate months (he can get one monthly) to save on additional processing fees charged by the company. Also, they can use those items for barter to get other things from other inmates or the "inmate store."

You can put money on his books without being an approved visitor (unless that has changed in the past year). Keep in mind that all monies, they deduct a percentage for their fines and court costs which generally is 20 to 40% (their sentencing order will state the percentage). There are 3 different vendors to send money and their handling rates vary, so depending on how much you are sending one vendor will be better than the other. I have an account with 2 of them because one is cheaper if I am sending less than $100, but if sending more than $100 than JPay is cheaper. Also, if you do it through Western Union at Walmart or one of those places, it is cheaper than online (I don't do that but have friends that do so without any problems).

In regards to visitation, there are a lot of rules. No brown, orange, khaki, or camo; must have at least short sleeves; collarbone can't show; limits on jewelry (piercings); short/skirts must reach knees when standing; no spandex; nothing with any holes; metal detectors won't pass underwires but some of them are set so sensitive that the hooks on the back will set it off so it's best to get a sport bra without them and some shoes have metal in them that we are unaware of them so wear basic sneakers until you see what is getting through on other visitors. I wear flip flops but even some of them have metal in them is what GEO told me at another prison in AZ. Some of the prisons are more strict than others. Kingman which was MTC and then went to GEO (but the same guards basically) was more picky than Tucson. Every prison, aside from the DOC basic rules, really comes down to the guards - they all seem to have their own pet peeve to watch out for. After a few visits you will become familiar with what they are when you visit.

Read the DOC rules on visitation and mail; knowing their rules is in your best interest. We visitors have had experiences we have to inform them of the rules because they aren't always current and knowledgeable (especially if you do food visits).

Hope your approval goes through soon.

Last edited by lizlizzie2; 03-25-2019 at 08:57 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-13-2019), Sarianna (05-04-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Hi all, Iím trying to find out information about CACF GEO and honestly Iím having a hard time finding any information about this facility other than itís a private SO facility and that you shouldnít wear a bra with underwire to visits. My husband gave me his mailbox number but when I look at the mailing address online I donít see where it says to add their box number?

Also, has anyone sent care packages to this facility? Do I have to wait to send a care package till I get phone and visitation approval? I keep going to the website for the packages and it says that Iím not approved! Itís a little frustrating! Really though any information about this facility that anyone could provide would be appreciated!! Thank you in advance for any advice or assistance!!

Hi bonnie831,
My husband is at CACF. If you have any more questions, message me and I'll be glad to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmandg For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-15-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmandg View Post
Hi bonnie831,
My husband is at CACF. If you have any more questions, message me and I'll be glad to help.
Hello can u plz help me with information on CACF FACILITY my man just got assigned there today. Do u know if I would have to go through visitation wait form if I was approved already 4 years ago?
Old 05-20-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelgem69 View Post
Hello can u plz help me with information on CACF FACILITY my man just got assigned there today. Do u know if I would have to go through visitation wait form if I was approved already 4 years ago?

That I am not sure about. I would call and ask. (520) 868-4809 Visitation is open today so a visitation officer should be should be available to answer your question.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmandg For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-13-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 12:42 PM

From what I can see , my visitation form/ ID number expires when his MAX sentence is over. if the person is released I don't see why they would continue the visitation approval. They make money having people doing it again. You will probably have to redo it , but always call to verify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelgem69 View Post
Old 06-15-2019, 07:38 AM

Post Visitation Process and Room

For CACF, What is the visitation process and the visitation room like please?
Oh and I heard there's no smoking area?

(Other than the dress code and bring quarters for the vending machines.)

Thank you!!
Old 06-15-2019, 07:41 AM

Wink

Quote:

Bonnie, Did you get approved yet?!?!
Old 06-19-2019, 09:54 PM

Post CACF-GEO Mail

I was told the address of letters is a little different than what is on the website, so maybe using that address may take longer to go through.

My LO's POD (not going to speak for all CACF PODs) has a private, separately numbered mailbox and key for each man.

So, at the time of this writing, letters to them are more likely to get to them and quicker if they have on the top line:

Name, ADC#, Housing Info, His Private Box#
CACF
PO Box 9600
Florence, AZ 85132-9600

And always need to have clearly readable return address.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmandg View Post
Hi bonnie831,
Do you mind if I message you as well?
Old 06-22-2019, 05:06 PM

Talking I am approved!!!!

So I did my morning check on SecurePak site on my phone and it looked even more different. So I put something in the cart and it let me and the balance went down?? So I jumped on my PC and was shaking. Same thing on Website let me add to cart.

So I called the yard. Still shaking.

Cool story so I'm sharing, lol.

Officer "How long has it been since you put the application in?"
Me "2 weeks"
Officer "Well I can tell you right now that it won't be approved yet but I would be glad to check for you."
After info.
Officer to someone else "She's approved????"
Officer to me "Well I don't know how but I guess you are approved"
Me "I thought so. I check SecurePak every day and it said I was approved today. Maybe it was quick because I have a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card?"
Asked other questions etc. Thanked him and ended call.

When LO first hit the yard and called me from the counselor's office HE said 2-4 weeks. So I don't know if CACF is running faster than other yards. Other ladies in other groups at other yards are going 60 days and some longer.

I can't talk with my sweetie on the phone until i put a change of phone number in because I changed phone numbers after I put the application in.

So I'm going to (hopefully) get a VISIT tomorrow, Sunday. YAY!! 80 days since I saw him.

Now off to find a silly shirt that doesn't show my collarbone, lol.

Last edited by kari dunn; 06-22-2019 at 05:09 PM..
Old 06-23-2019, 10:01 AM

Thats awesome that you got approved already! However i dont think itís because of your clearance. It took me 3 months to get approved & i have one as well. Ive seen ppl with a criminal record ( no felony) get approved in less than a month. I think they put the timeframe they do because there are a lot of variables. How many people applied, what officer is doing it , etc.

Have a good visitation & change your number asap!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari dunn View Post
So I did my morning check on SecurePak site on my phone and it looked even more different. So I put something in the cart and it let me and the balance went down?? So I jumped on my PC and was shaking. Same thing on Website let me add to cart.

So I called the yard. Still shaking.

Cool story so I'm sharing, lol.

Officer "How long has it been since you put the application in?"
Me "2 weeks"
Officer "Well I can tell you right now that it won't be approved yet but I would be glad to check for you."
After info.
Officer to someone else "She's approved????"
Officer to me "Well I don't know how but I guess you are approved"
Me "I thought so. I check SecurePak every day and it said I was approved today. Maybe it was quick because I have a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card?"
Asked other questions etc. Thanked him and ended call.

When LO first hit the yard and called me from the counselor's office HE said 2-4 weeks. So I don't know if CACF is running faster than other yards. Other ladies in other groups at other yards are going 60 days and some longer.

I can't talk with my sweetie on the phone until i put a change of phone number in because I changed phone numbers after I put the application in.

So I'm going to (hopefully) get a VISIT tomorrow, Sunday. YAY!! 80 days since I saw him.

Now off to find a silly shirt that doesn't show my collarbone, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (06-23-2019)