Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:58 AM

Default Letter from Parole???

My Love was approved for a F-I-6 a month ago and still has not received his approval letter from the parole board. Is this the reason he is not being transferred to complete the program? Maybe lack of beds? Iím just curious and Iíve called for more information, the woman did not seem too eager to help me and I understand they have other offenders to deal with and itís the holiday season but I would really like for him to be home in the summer. Any answers on my situation are appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2018, 02:14 PM

I am not expert but I know it took a while before my LO received his . He is home now but here was his timeline to give you an ideal:

8/8 FI-6R to begin in November
2/14 Hamilton 2/23 started program
3/6 Home plan approved
3/27 Blood Drawn
9/12 Release date

So you can see he was suppose dto start in November but didnt actually start until Feb. It took a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaync For This Useful Post:
heartabandoned2 (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 05:31 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,798 Times in 1,535 Posts

FI-6 can take a minute to complete. Much of it has to do with available bed space and those who are in front of you yet to complete the program. Still, the hard part is over, he's getting out. It's more about patience than anything else.
heartabandoned2 (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaync View Post
I am not expert but I know it took a while before my LO received his . He is home now but here was his timeline to give you an ideal:

8/8 FI-6R to begin in November

2/14 Hamilton 2/23 started program

3/6 Home plan approved

3/27 Blood Drawn

9/12 Release date

So you can see he was suppose dto start in November but didnt actually start until Feb. It took a while.

When did he receive his letter from the parole board? I called earlier this week and she told me they sent it out November 2nd and he still hasnít received it. We think they sent it to Ector County because heís still listed as being there but heís in Limestone.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:29 PM

If I can remember, I think it was at least 2 weeks after the vote was posted online.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaync For This Useful Post:
heartabandoned2 (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaync View Post
If I can remember, I think it was at least 2 weeks after the vote was posted online.

Wow! I canít find him on the TDCJ website because heís not an inmate for them yet and the county facility he is in doesnít have him listed, heís still listed as being in Ector County which is crazy.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:46 AM

Thanked 11,101 Times in 6,007 Posts

If he is not actually IN TDCJ custody, then he may have that vote rescinded precisely because a program vote is not a valid option when the offender is outside of TDCJ's actual custody and control.

The offender need not receive the computer-generated notice in order for the vote to be processed. There are plenty of offenders in TDCJ with program votes who transferred for the program long before they got the actual notice in writing.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
If he is not actually IN TDCJ custody, then he may have that vote rescinded precisely because a program vote is not a valid option when the offender is outside of TDCJ's actual custody and control.

The offender need not receive the computer-generated notice in order for the vote to be processed. There are plenty of offenders in TDCJ with program votes who transferred for the program long before they got the actual notice in writing.
I know this thread is pretty old but this situation applies to my husband. He is still being held in a county jail (going on 5 months) and had a parole interview on 10/7 and I called to get the result on 10/14. They approved him with a FI-6R but he is still waiting to be transferred.

Can you clarify what you mean by having the vote rescinded? Is there something he or I has to do to make this happen? I was unable to send in any support letters for him and I feel that they may have reached a more favorable decision if they had the letters of support from myself and his employer along with his own letter to the board.

Please help, I am desperate to get him home as soon as possible!
Old 10-22-2019, 06:15 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,798 Times in 1,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMelendez View Post
I know this thread is pretty old but this situation applies to my husband. He is still being held in a county jail (going on 5 months) and had a parole interview on 10/7 and I called to get the result on 10/14. They approved him with a FI-6R but he is still waiting to be transferred.

Can you clarify what you mean by having the vote rescinded? Is there something he or I has to do to make this happen? I was unable to send in any support letters for him and I feel that they may have reached a more favorable decision if they had the letters of support from myself and his employer along with his own letter to the board.

Please help, I am desperate to get him home as soon as possible!
I seriously doubt that'll happen and to be honest about it, if he made parole in the county jail he's fortunate to have done so. Once upon a time, that was a rare occurrence. The fact that it's a drug/alcohol related issue he was convicted for most often always calls for some type of substance abuse FI. And the way those type FIs work in the scope of things where the time involved is concerned is they tend to be longer in completing. Substance Abuse and Alcohol related FIs are slow in getting started and they are lengthy in completing.

It may be that you're new to all of this and no one can fault you for wanting your loved one to get out ASAP, but the greater truth is HE MADE PAROLE AND HE'S COMING HOME WHEN HE'S FINISHED WITH EVERYTHING. The parole board is not the "Well hey, on 2nd thought lets think this over again"
group may hope for them to be. On average they may spend no more than a couple of minutes tops on someone's file that comes up for parole. If he made parole from the county jail then, he is blessed. It may take a bit of time to complete, but the mindset or the goal should be to get him home and not fret over how long it'll take. If you write the parole board complaining about the length of time the FI-6R is going to take complete that's about like slapping a gorilla in the face. Be patient and look for the good in the situation because when it comes to parole matters/decisions....THERE'S A LOT OF ROOM FOR THE BAD.
dtmom2013 (10-22-2019)