Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the New York Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:11 PM

Default How long after heís moved does it show on inmate lookup?

After being put on the draft three times this month then being taken off for medical reasons my husband is finally on the draft as of yesterday. Not sure if he left today or if itís tomorrow but if youíve had loved ones moved how long did it take to show up on the NYS DOCCS inmate lookup?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2019, 05:38 PM

Thanked 3,744 Times in 1,755 Posts

It depends where they send him and how long it takes. It can take a few days. I would check after 5 pm each day.

Old 10-22-2019, 06:21 PM

My boyfriend didn't show up till Monday he left Friday depending on where they go if it's really far they will stop and it won't say the destination till he gets to his facility good luck
Old 10-22-2019, 08:05 PM

They dont travel on weekends. If they leave on a Friday, they will do a stop over at one prison and then resume on Monday.

OP by the end of the week, he should be where he is going, but while on a draft there are no calls. If your phone account is set up, it will automatically transfer.

Old 10-22-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
They dont travel on weekends. If they leave on a Friday, they will do a stop over at one prison and then resume on Monday.

OP by the end of the week, he should be where he is going, but while on a draft there are no calls. If your phone account is set up, it will automatically transfer.
Thank you!! I think he left today but it could be tomorrow so Iím unsure. Heís going from auburn to Sullivan hub (fingers crossed Eastern) but I knew he was technically on the draft Sunday because they jacked it up so many times it was to the point it started becoming obvious and they kinda got blunt about it.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:42 PM

Mind had buses break down. A one hour travel that lasted 9 hours. Stuff happens. It is uncomfortable for them.

If Eastern is close to you, that will be awesome.

Just have patience. He will be ok. Depending on how phones work there, you may not get a call immediately. Just know when he gets there, the computer will update.

Old 10-22-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Mind had buses break down. A one hour travel that lasted 9 hours. Stuff happens. It is uncomfortable for them.

If Eastern is close to you, that will be awesome.

Just have patience. He will be ok. Depending on how phones work there, you may not get a call immediately. Just know when he gets there, the computer will update.
Unfortunately auburn was closest to me but he was stuck in PC there. I also am having a meltdown because I realized his codefendant is also at Eastern and thatís the last thing I wanted. Eastern is about 4 hours from me so itís going to suck. Iím having one of those crappy prison wife months.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:08 PM

If that is the case, he may not go there. This is link with the map of all prisons in each hub
Black are the Maxs. Im not sure if they removed, any prisons that have closed.
https://www.alternativeslibrary.org/...prisons-in-ny/

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (10-23-2019)