Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Asia and Pacific Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Asia and Pacific Prison & Criminal Justice Topics Discussions and Information about Asia and Pacific-region Prisons, Jails, the Criminal Justice System, etc.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:34 AM

Default No real friendship exists inside prison walls

I was incarcerated for 5 months before my trial in a detention center in China (In any country except China, I would have received bail). Detainees ranging from minor to serious offense, there are inmates for fraud, theft, murder, assault and white collar crimes. During my 5 month of captivity I have seen the worst of the human nature, people hiding themselves and revealing their true colors over time. In the Chinese detention system, not the warden but a jailhouse bully is put in charge of each cell. Detainees must respect and obey the bully otherwise he shall give you a hard time. The bully recruits 2-3 henchmen to maintain his rule. Henchmen are in a higher position than other inmates, they eat better, perform more comfortable work and could beat and punish people. I've seen people putting down their dignity in order to win the loyalty of the bully, inmates revealing their violent nature once promoted as "henchmen". When I was in better relationship with the bully, the lapdogs tried to befriend me, when he disliked me, they harassed me. A lot of detainees would befriend those on early release asking them to pass messages to family members but once they left the prison walls no one would really care. I've learn not to trust anybody as most try to build a relationship for a specific purpose, e.g pretending to act as a nice guy trying to find supporters.

China's detention center is a terrible place, there are no human rights, the warders are only there to make sure no one gets killed and care less about the rights or welfare of the detainees. After reading some of the posts here China's prisons really make American prisons feel like a joke.

Last edited by chunghwapost; 05-07-2013 at 07:00 AM..
Sponsored Links