Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 09-22-2017, 02:25 PM
riversidecali riversidecali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California Riverside
Posts: 45
Thanks: 46
Thanked 94 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Hello to all who have joined me in this journey. My Nephew is in Wasco. Has been there for a about two months. I have started to get mail from him and will stay firm on money. Don't want to fall in the same trap as county jail. He is happy, if that's the word. His meals, are according to him, a thousand times better than in county. He might stay there in Wasco and not be moves, as he stated his release date is in about 8 months. I am getting his room ready and coordinating with church and school for him to start school. It is up to him and I will open the door for him he has to walk through it. But Thank you all for your support and encouragement.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to riversidecali For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (10-05-2017), char_hart80 (02-07-2018), Crazychick12 (09-22-2017), maytayah (09-22-2017), miamac (09-22-2017), missingdee (09-22-2017), safran (09-22-2017), sidewalker (09-24-2017)
Sponsored Links
  #102  
Old 09-22-2017, 02:31 PM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is offline
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 9,320
Thanks: 12,157
Thanked 17,089 Times in 6,305 Posts
Default

Thank you for the update! I'm glad all seems to be on the upswing and that you are caring for him while sticking with your boundaries. Eight months will go by fast!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
riversidecali (09-22-2017)
  #103  
Old 10-04-2017, 06:49 PM
riversidecali riversidecali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California Riverside
Posts: 45
Thanks: 46
Thanked 94 Times in 29 Posts
Default

With a sad heart I post this. He hadn't written me for over two weeks which got me concerned. I finally got a letter where he informed me that he got in a fight and was now in the hole. Six months he said. He swears that it is nothing major. That he did not get any new charges. From what I read is that Solitary is only used for validated members. I feel like he did not stay away from that PC gang shit and this is the outcome. In my heart I know he is lying to me. He as two strikes and obviously that was not a deterrent enough. Does anyone know about people being put in the hole for this long of a time and the meaning behind it. I know I am just speculating. I just don't know how to drive that nail into him, just do your time. I guess only time will tell. Whats Ironic is the new CDCR website lists release dates, his is 05/2018 what a waste if this incident causes that date to change. Idiot idiot.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to riversidecali For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (10-05-2017)
  #104  
Old 01-02-2018, 01:38 PM
riversidecali riversidecali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California Riverside
Posts: 45
Thanks: 46
Thanked 94 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Yet another update. I have visited him in Wasco. It was bitter sweet but he seems to be healthier as he has put on some weight. He let me know in a letter that because of being in the SHU he is getting kicked out to a level 4 yard 180. Does anyone know what this means. He told me he is sorry and didn't want to tell me at visit since he did not want to worry me. To not be scared. But he knows were he is going is going to be bad. That did nothing but worry me. He only has 5 months left why put him in a maximum security prison!
Some one told me "As such, almost every inmate, no matter what they ended up in prison for, must first learn to navigate the social minefield of the higher security level prisons. This is, of course, where people often get ruined." This scares me to no end.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riversidecali For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-02-2018), miamac (01-02-2018)
  #105  
Old 01-02-2018, 02:36 PM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is offline
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 9,320
Thanks: 12,157
Thanked 17,089 Times in 6,305 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversidecali View Post
Yet another update. I have visited him in Wasco. It was bitter sweet but he seems to be healthier as he has put on some weight. He let me know in a letter that because of being in the SHU he is getting kicked out to a level 4 yard 180. Does anyone know what this means. He told me he is sorry and didn't want to tell me at visit since he did not want to worry me. To not be scared. But he knows were he is going is going to be bad. That did nothing but worry me. He only has 5 months left why put him in a maximum security prison!
Some one told me "As such, almost every inmate, no matter what they ended up in prison for, must first learn to navigate the social minefield of the higher security level prisons. This is, of course, where people often get ruined." This scares me to no end.
He's chosing his path, hun. I'm so sorry that you are on this ride with him.

A 180 Level 4 is the tightest security outside of the SHU. Level 4 is the highest security rating for a facility and 180 is in reference to the number of degrees visible on the yard. So picture a half circle. It means there are little to no places a person can stand on the yard and not be visible by the COs on the walk and tower.

I won't sugar coat it but I won't exaggerate, either. It's a rough place to be, but the worst of it can be avoided if he chooses. Even if he stays out of trouble and keeps his head down, he'll get caught up in the inevitable lockdowns and witness things he'll have to learn to ignore. If he's using drugs, they're there in force. Running up debt is easy and unpleasant. SNY (is he SNY?) still have very active gangs and they tend to run the yards by race. He needs to set his mind to staying out of trouble and stick to it. Programming is more slim because CDC places security over program, but they are there. He should try to get into classes or work detail as soon as possible.

As for the amount of time he has left versus the move to a 4, that's not uncommon. If he fought, he lost the right to a lower security level. They don't care about time left on his bid, it's just math. If he can hang for five more months, he will be fine.

I'm sorry to see your last updates, but I'm glad you're still here sharing.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Critter07 (01-24-2018), fbopnomore (01-02-2018), riversidecali (01-03-2018), Sarianna (01-03-2018), sidewalker (01-03-2018)
  #106  
Old 01-11-2018, 09:48 AM
riversidecali riversidecali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California Riverside
Posts: 45
Thanks: 46
Thanked 94 Times in 29 Posts
Default

I spoke to him in Wasco. I asked him to send me his 128 and his Classification Chrono. I wanted to see why he was in the hole. He did tell me his points are 70 that is why he is going to the yard he is going to. Going back to see him this Saturday.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to riversidecali For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-11-2018), miamac (01-11-2018), missingdee (01-11-2018), Sarianna (01-11-2018)
  #107  
Old 01-12-2018, 06:39 PM
riversidecali riversidecali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California Riverside
Posts: 45
Thanks: 46
Thanked 94 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Well he just got an update. He is going to be moved to California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi. Any one have any info on this place how bad etc. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to riversidecali For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-13-2018)
  #108  
Old 01-13-2018, 03:49 AM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 1,981
Thanks: 10,015
Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversidecali View Post
Well he just got an update. He is going to be moved to California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi. Any one have any info on this place how bad etc. Thanks.
Not personally familiar with Tehachapi, but in case you want to see posts particular to that facility, we have a CCI forum HERE

I hope your nephew finds his way and will be able to turn his life around...Please continue to take care of yourself, sweetheart
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
riversidecali (01-18-2018)
  #109  
Old 01-13-2018, 08:11 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is offline
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 29,796
Thanks: 51,814
Thanked 27,032 Times in 13,748 Posts
Default

cci is ok.
Thats where my hub was.
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-13-2018)
  #110  
Old 01-13-2018, 01:03 PM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is offline
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 9,320
Thanks: 12,157
Thanked 17,089 Times in 6,305 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
cci is ok.
Thats where my hub was.
It depends on the yard, actually. :/
About 18 months ago they swept up a lot of the active SNY and placed them together trying to clean up other yards. It's been a mess.

I don't say that to scare you riverside, but it has gone through a recent shift. The staff had huge issues last year and a good number of them, warden included, were escorted off of the property. Hopefully that's indicative of a change for the better. But, it is a rougher Level 4 180. I would be giving the same warning if he were going to KVSP.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
riversidecali (01-18-2018), Sarianna (01-13-2018), sidewalker (01-14-2018)
  #111  
Old 01-13-2018, 01:27 PM
MissStar MissStar is offline
Beach Girl
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 284
Thanks: 335
Thanked 314 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Okay, I've never read this exact thread... and I just did. I have to say, HOLY CRAP this person has put you in a complete disaster and I have no idea how you've tolerated it for this long. You are a much stronger person than I. I'm married to my inmate and I told him if he gets ONE infraction that could potentially stop him from coming home sooner rather than later? Then he's going to have to find somewhere else to sleep once released.
I'm sending serious HEALING energy your way... as well as luck. I hope this kid grows up, is SAFE, and keeps his head down and gets out of here with a whole lot of ambition and goals.

YOU are a seriously strong person for dealing with this. GOOD. FOR. YOU. wow!
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissStar For This Useful Post:
Grolarbear (02-07-2018), riversidecali (01-18-2018)
  #112  
Old 01-18-2018, 11:44 AM
riversidecali riversidecali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California Riverside
Posts: 45
Thanks: 46
Thanked 94 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStar View Post
Okay, I've never read this exact thread... and I just did. I have to say, HOLY CRAP this person has put you in a complete disaster and I have no idea how you've tolerated it for this long. You are a much stronger person than I. I'm married to my inmate and I told him if he gets ONE infraction that could potentially stop him from coming home sooner rather than later? Then he's going to have to find somewhere else to sleep once released.
I'm sending serious HEALING energy your way... as well as luck. I hope this kid grows up, is SAFE, and keeps his head down and gets out of here with a whole lot of ambition and goals.

YOU are a seriously strong person for dealing with this. GOOD. FOR. YOU. wow!
You are right he has put me through hell. I have been asked that question why am I still here. I am finding it harder and harder to answer. Family ties are no longer strong enough and I wrote him tell him as much. It is up to him and if he messes up he will go out into this world on his own.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to riversidecali For This Useful Post:
MissStar (01-24-2018), sidewalker (01-19-2018), xolady (01-26-2018)
  #113  
Old 01-20-2018, 06:27 AM
riversidecali riversidecali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California Riverside
Posts: 45
Thanks: 46
Thanked 94 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Another update. I called the prison to get visiting details. If he can have visits and get his bed info so I can address his mail properly. I also was checking to see if no I could use VPass or still have to call in. They told me he hasn't even seen his counselor yet so he can't have visits yet. She also said it takes anywhere between 10 to 15 days. What got me concerned was when she looked at his info on her computer. She exclaimed, "Oh!! um ya. Hold on." I hope there isn't anything of concern on there. Only time will tell. Hope this time vists are not behind the glass and contact visits so I can slap his dumb ass. LoL Sorry just venting.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to riversidecali For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (01-26-2018), sidewalker (01-20-2018), xolady (01-26-2018)
  #114  
Old 01-24-2018, 04:56 PM
MissStar MissStar is offline
Beach Girl
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 284
Thanks: 335
Thanked 314 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversidecali View Post
Another update. I called the prison to get visiting details. If he can have visits and get his bed info so I can address his mail properly. I also was checking to see if no I could use VPass or still have to call in. They told me he hasn't even seen his counselor yet so he can't have visits yet. She also said it takes anywhere between 10 to 15 days. What got me concerned was when she looked at his info on her computer. She exclaimed, "Oh!! um ya. Hold on." I hope there isn't anything of concern on there. Only time will tell. Hope this time vists are not behind the glass and contact visits so I can slap his dumb ass. LoL Sorry just venting.


Hahaha the end of your post made me laugh. Thank you for that!
Hopefully everything will start smoothing out... for both your sake!
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissStar For This Useful Post:
riversidecali (01-26-2018), xolady (01-26-2018)
  #115  
Old 01-26-2018, 12:16 PM
riversidecali riversidecali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California Riverside
Posts: 45
Thanks: 46
Thanked 94 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Well called the prison today and he went to committee finally. They say he can
receive visits now and there are no restrictions so they are going to be normal contact visits. I am excited and worried since I have not hugged my nephew in over 6 years. They said its going to be crowded as they have been in lock down for three weeks and visiting will be busy. This is the first weekend they are back from lock down. Checking the CCI forums on visiting so I make sure I don't mess up going. Wish me luck and will update after the visit.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to riversidecali For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (01-26-2018), miamac (01-26-2018), missingdee (01-26-2018), Sarianna (01-27-2018), sidewalker (02-02-2018), xolady (01-26-2018)
  #116  
Old 01-26-2018, 12:24 PM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is offline
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 9,320
Thanks: 12,157
Thanked 17,089 Times in 6,305 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversidecali View Post
Well called the prison today and he went to committee finally. They say he can
receive visits now and there are no restrictions so they are going to be normal contact visits. I am excited and worried since I have not hugged my nephew in over 6 years. They said its going to be crowded as they have been in lock down for three weeks and visiting will be busy. This is the first weekend they are back from lock down. Checking the CCI forums on visiting so I make sure I don't mess up going. Wish me luck and will update after the visit.
I've heard that CCI is pretty good about walk-in appts if you don't have one. Enjoy your visit!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-27-2018)
  #117  
Old 02-01-2018, 02:37 PM
riversidecali riversidecali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California Riverside
Posts: 45
Thanks: 46
Thanked 94 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Well went to CCI this past Sunday only to be told that both the visiting Sargent and the visiting secretary both misread the computer screen and my nephew had not yet been to classification so he was not able to have any visits. I am glad that I had called days before to keep confirming that he was able to have visits that the officers recalled talking to me on the phone. They made an exception and allowed me to have a behind the glass visit. I will have to wait till this weekend to have a contact visit. So a bit frustrating but it is what it is.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to riversidecali For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-02-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (02-01-2018), miamac (02-01-2018), sidewalker (02-02-2018)
  #118  
Old 02-01-2018, 06:39 PM
riversidecali riversidecali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California Riverside
Posts: 45
Thanks: 46
Thanked 94 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Well another update. I called today again. The visiting Sargent remembered me and the mistake that happened. He apologized and we struck up a conversation. He triple checked and confirmed with another officer to make sure that he had been to classification and he assured me that my nephew is able to have contact visits. So off to Vpass I go. I hope this time I can get that hug and maybe a a knock on that noggin to get him thinking. LoL. I will say this CCI is nice but the check in process is crazy. Two metal detectors and that bus ride especially waiting for the bus ride back, you have to wait just very different than Wasco.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to riversidecali For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-02-2018), joybubby (02-02-2018), miamac (02-01-2018), MissStar (02-03-2018), sidewalker (02-02-2018)
  #119  
Old 02-05-2018, 07:15 PM
riversidecali riversidecali is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California Riverside
Posts: 45
Thanks: 46
Thanked 94 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Well I finally got my contact visit. I promised myself I was not going to cry when I hugged him but alas, let lose like Niagara falls. It was bitter sweet but I finally got hug him after six long years. We both enjoyed our visit but will have to plan on taking more money as those 30$ did not last very long. I guess they are not stick on taking more than $40 dollars per person so I will take more next time. Most of the visit was positive. He was just concerned that the yard is very political and the races do stick to each other and he said that if things go down he will have to jump along with his race. That there was a lock down and was actually surprised they let them have visiting. As I said, bitter sweet. I told him. Put on your blinders you only have three more months. I will be planning another trip out this weekend. I was happy even if I was also scared for him being there.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to riversidecali For This Useful Post:
char_hart80 (02-07-2018), fbopnomore (02-06-2018), miamac (02-05-2018), missingdee (02-06-2018), sidewalker (02-08-2018)
  #120  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:34 AM
missingdee's Avatar
missingdee missingdee is offline
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Metro Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 2,850
Thanks: 3,216
Thanked 4,470 Times in 1,811 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversidecali View Post
Well I finally got my contact visit. I promised myself I was not going to cry when I hugged him but alas, let lose like Niagara falls. It was bitter sweet but I finally got hug him after six long years. We both enjoyed our visit but will have to plan on taking more money as those 30$ did not last very long. I guess they are not stick on taking more than $40 dollars per person so I will take more next time. Most of the visit was positive. He was just concerned that the yard is very political and the races do stick to each other and he said that if things go down he will have to jump along with his race. That there was a lock down and was actually surprised they let them have visiting. As I said, bitter sweet. I told him. Put on your blinders you only have three more months. I will be planning another trip out this weekend. I was happy even if I was also scared for him being there.
So glad that you finally got that contact visit. This has been quite a road for both of you. You definitely earned your right to "Niagara Falls."

-E
__________________
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-06-2018), riversidecali (02-07-2018), sidewalker (02-08-2018)
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
county, custody, manipulation, protective

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I may be a guest of Monterey County Jail tomorrow (w/Update) SpicaRigel PTO Lounge 34 05-23-2009 09:35 PM
Update on brother in County Jail jimbo's EX LADY Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status 12 05-21-2005 05:26 AM
ARTICLE - Update on Who's Going to Run Tulsa County Jail freckledgrl Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat 0 03-06-2005 02:36 PM
My son in California county jail bcath Parents with Children in Prison 3 06-03-2004 04:47 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:44 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics