Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 12-05-2011, 10:53 AM

Post Intro--L.A.W.ily from Tennessee

Hi everyone, I'm Amy, I've been lurkin a lil bit for the past 2 weeks an made an account yesterday an decided to introduce myself. I've already gotten alot from this site & even more from the forums.

My guy is in HCCF, his release date is 2024. He's in there for 1st degree murder n felony murder...charges on a cold case that they finally got him for. He's been in for about 2 1/2 yrs. I've known him for about 5 years, but we were never anything more than friends...he actually use to kind of date a friend of mine. Me n him never really talked much but about 3 months ago my friend was stayin wit me n whn she left, he kept calln me. Feelings between me n him happened pretty quiccly once we really started to learn about each other n realized we had alot in common as far as wat we had been thru in life, our views on relationships, marriage, things we wanted to do in life, ect. This whole thing is new to me and there's no doubt that I can do it an sticc by his side, however, I realize wat a commitment it is an I can already see how hard it is going to be at times. There's alot to accept an learn to deal wit. We are takin things slow as far as makin a 100% commitment to each other because, as he puts it, "Although I need someone by my side, I don't need to settle for someone that can't be about it." lol I'm the same way...I've been single for 5 years and celibant an although it would be nice to have someone in my life on that level, I won't settle for someone just for the sake of settling. Whats developing between me n him has been totally unexpected an I tried fighting it like hell at first...but I can't deny wat I feel for him...at this point I can admit that I do love him. Like I said, he's been in for about 2 1/2 yrs and not had a single visitor before me. He really don't have anyone helpin him on his books or anything. I sent him $40 the other day and am going to be gettin his Xmas package in about a week.

Anyways...as things are right now, me an him get to talk everyday, all thru out the day cuz his celly has a cellphn in there. I just found out yesterday on here wat can happen if he gets caught with it, as he almost has a few times, an I don't like him takin that chance. I don't kno wat I'm gonna do whn he doesn't have it anymore cuz Im so use to being able to get ahold of him an hearin frm him so much...I guess I'll just adjust cuz there's no other choice. His celly is gettn out soon an supposed to be gettin moved this week so it will probably be soon that I have to make that adjustment.

Right now I'm helpin him get bacc into college an where he is doesn't offer courses...he wants me to find out about possibly gettin transford to either Morgan Co. or Lakeshore whr they offer that. Anybody have any advice on all that?? I'm lookin forward to visiting him this weekend, I'm just prayin I can make it! My car is in the shop being worked on for a head gasket so as long as everything works out wit that, I'll be able to go. I've got to go see him once, about 4 weeks ago an I've been diein to go bacc...there's sum things me an him would rather talk about face to face rather than on the phn or thru snail mail.

Well, I guess I'll shut up now lol Thanks for listening if you made it this far...any advice, encouragement, ect, is greatly appreciated!! I'm lookn at being in this for the long haul, either way, as his friend, or significant other.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 01:15 PM
MS. D*I*V*A
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,562 Posts

Welcome to PTO Amy, glad to have you join us. Just a quick tip, becareful hun about posting the info about the cell-phone. This is a public forum and you don't want some "googling" to see it. Believe me you would be amazed at what clues people can use to figure out who you are referring to. Also we don't want to post anything about illegal activity. HERE is the PTO Policies; stop by when you get a chance and read them. I know your love is happy to have your support during this difficult journey in his life. It can mean so much to someone on the "inside" having someone on the "outside." I will give you some forums you may be interested in: HERE is the Loving a Long term offender, HERE is Husbands & Boyfriends and HERE is the TN Forum. This is a awesome community and you will find all kinds of people who can relate to what you are going through. We all come here to encourage and help each other. I look forward to seeing you around the community.

The Following User Says Thank You to closer2mydreamz For This Useful Post:
L.A.W.ily (12-05-2011)
Old 12-05-2011, 02:10 PM

Thank you for the welcome & thank you for those pointers! I will definitly be more careful in future posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to L.A.W.ily For This Useful Post:
closer2mydreamz (12-05-2011)