Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Account Closed

Default If an ahki beats his wife ~he needs to fear his lord

Abuse
According to Quran and Sunnah

The Prophet said: "Allah does not punish the individuals for the sins of the community until they see the evil spreading among themselves, and while they have the power to stop it, do not do so." (Ahmad)

Allah, swt, commands the believers to "Enjoin the good and forbid the evil." (see Qur'an 3/104, 3/110, 9/71)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Account Closed

Abuse
According to Quran and Sunnah

The Prophet, (saaws - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Abusing a Muslim is a sin, and killing him is disbelief." (Bukhari and Muslim)

"The Prophet never beat any of his wives or servants; in fact, he did not strike any living being with his hand except in the cause of Allah or when the prohibitions of Allah had been violated, and he retaliated on behalf of Allah." (An-Nasaa'i)
Old 12-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeswannabhiswyf View Post
Muslims are permitted to give their wives a mild beating. So says the Qur'an. You may not like the way it sounds or is interpreted but the Qur'an says that. Now according to the Muslim books i've read they explain that the husband is not to leave a bruise and is only to do this in extreme circumstances. As for me and my household, homie don't play that! L would never hit me AT ALL. We r staight on that. Keep reading. Be sure it is what your heart believes. You are accountable for your own soul.
The Prophet said: "When the people see a cruel person is committing aggression, and do not prevent him, it is likely that Allah would afflect them with His chastisement." (Abu Dawud, Tirmithi, An-Nisaa'i)
Old 12-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts
Smile

marc was a muslim but he converted to christianity. he still refuses to eat pork, though. on work release visits he wouldn't even eat a bacon cheese burger from burger king!!!! i tell him that's ok, though. when he gets out, on nights we have ham or pork chops i'll just cook him something else!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 03:50 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts

My Hunny is Muslim, I am not. But we have a wonderful spiritual connection and both believe in one God. I have a problem with religions using people, saints etc as intervention between self and God. Nobody and nothing can come between you and God. You should have your own relationship with Him and not need intervention.
I have also learned how beautiful Islam is and what a peaceful and deeply spiritual faith it is.
I've chosen to give up pork, about a year and a half ago.
Do I see myself converting? No. But I have a deep respect for the faith.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:21 AM

Muslims can be any race, there are many white muslims both converts and white turks, bosnians, and some arabs. Only the nation of islam, which is a deviation of true islam maintains the white man to be the devil.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:13 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsbeth View Post
marc was a muslim but he converted to christianity. he still refuses to eat pork, though. on work release visits he wouldn't even eat a bacon cheese burger from burger king!!!! i tell him that's ok, though. when he gets out, on nights we have ham or pork chops i'll just cook him something else!!!
Marcsbeth,

I noticed in your response, you mentioned that your sweetie was Muslim but converted to Christianity. If you don't mind me asking...what was it that "moved" him to become Christian? Are u Christian? That is (major) the only thing that distinguishes my relationship with my sweetie are the religious views---well, in fact....Christ as God the Son, and or Jesus, just a good man and prophet (born of an immaculate birth---they (Muslims) do concede to that fact)---go figure?! Please reply, if not too personal a question. Thank u. Otherwise, I will keep on praying on the issue.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:29 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6yearsncounting View Post
Marcsbeth,

I noticed in your response, you mentioned that your sweetie was Muslim but converted to Christianity. If you don't mind me asking...what was it that "moved" him to become Christian? Are u Christian? That is (major) the only thing that distinguishes my relationship with my sweetie are the religious views---well, in fact....Christ as God the Son, and or Jesus, just a good man and prophet (born of an immaculate birth---they (Muslims) do concede to that fact)---go figure?! Please reply, if not too personal a question. Thank u. Otherwise, I will keep on praying on the issue.
Let me explain how I see it (yes, I'm Muslim)....Allah created Adam....Adam had no father (or mother for that matter), but that doesn't make him the "son of God"...he was just a man; a miracle that Allah performed. The same goes with Jesus....God created him by saying "be" and it was so (the immaculate conception). Just because God performs miracles does not make the person receiving the miracle (Jesus and/or Mary...as Catholics do sort of worship Mary as well) God.

As for the OP...my love reverted to Islam 10 years ago or so. I just reverted two months ago, alhamdulilah! I feel that Allah has guided me to this path.

"Time as a measurement of love is eternal.
It extends beyond the borders of forever into the depths of infinity.
I love you this and much more."
~~M'love

Finally, happily married to m'love: 1/25/13.

Jeg lærer dansk (for et år) og norsk (for ti uger).

Old 05-30-2009, 12:52 AM

no offense, but I am familiar with the Muslim understanding of the concept of Jesus...I firmly believe in the deity of Jesus. I was inquiring about one woman's story about her relationship and this topic.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:41 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6yearsncounting View Post
no offense, but I am familiar with the Muslim understanding of the concept of Jesus...I firmly believe in the deity of Jesus. I was inquiring about one woman's story about her relationship and this topic.

I was simply trying to explain for anyone that may have been wondering after reading your comment (and when you wrote "go figure"...it seemed like you didn't understand how that could be that we accept the immaculate conception but not that Jesus is the son of God or God Himself)....my apologies if I offended you in any way.

~~M'love

Old 06-02-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesMyForever View Post
I was simply trying to explain for anyone that may have been wondering after reading your comment (and when you wrote "go figure"...it seemed like you didn't understand how that could be that we accept the immaculate conception but not that Jesus is the son of God or God Himself)....my apologies if I offended you in any way.
No offense taken, and thank you for your clarification. The "go figure" comment was not appropriate, so I apologize for that. However, in following the trend of doctrinal thought...GOD is GOD, and HE did pronounce things/created beings--animals and man as good, then, it is believable that HE gave a part of HIMSELF---as a visible and demonstrative way as to how we (humans) are to treat each other, and interact with HIM... With that being said, in the true consciousness of GOD leading people (His children) back to HIM in spirit and truth...I will close with this....the most innate thing for humans is to worship the Creator, and thank GOD that HE instills that drive to and for us....quite simply HE leads us back to HIM---daily, if we heed HIS voice. Take care & God Bless.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
He's my Fire I'm his Ice

My Papi is in the Nation of gods and earths( formally the 5 percent nation). I am however; always have been and always wil be a christian. He doesn't force his beliefs on me or I on him. We do talk about it though, only because we want to have a family and I want my children to grow up grounded and not confused as to what they want to beleive. He says that it's fine if I raise them in Christianity. He will suport me whole heartedly. As far as arguments or anything regarding religion we have'nt had any. He loves me and I love him.

Oh I'll stay with you when no one else is around
I will stay by your side
I know we'll be alright
I will stay with you
The Following User Says Thank You to Quezsrib For This Useful Post:
6yearsncounting (08-24-2009)
Old 06-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Queen to my King

Question question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquezsRib View Post
My Papi is in the Nation of gods and earths( formally the 5 percent nation). I am however; always have been and always wil be a christian. He doesn't force his beliefs on me or I on him. We do talk about it though, only because we want to have a family and I want my children to grow up grounded and not confused as to what they want to beleive. He says that it's fine if I raise them in Christianity. He will suport me whole heartedly. As far as arguments or anything regarding religion we have'nt had any. He loves me and I love him.
hello marquez, If you don't mind me asking about the nation of god and earth?
and the 5 percent nation I am confused

Old 06-17-2009, 10:08 PM

My husband is Muslim, Alhamdullah. Born Muslim, live Muslim, die Muslim. While studying in college, he took it upon himself to learn about other religions including Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism--for the knowledge as the Qu'ran encourages to seek knowledge. But his faith in Allah has always been strong, he has even helped many in our community seek Allah and others convert to Islam. My first interest in Islam was over 17 years ago, when I was just 13. But it was within the last 3 years that I learned more about it and converted. I praise Allah everyday for this. No pork is allowed in our bodies or our home. I don't wear a hijab, but my husband is very liberal. His main interest is in ensuring that I have strong faith in God and remain loyal and respectful to my family. He is truly my soulmate and I love him dearly, and a big reason for it is because of his closeness to Allah. That is admirable and inspirational.
The Following User Says Thank You to mywife19 For This Useful Post:
Sheyanne (12-21-2009)
Old 07-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Closed

My friend is Muslim and he is very spiritual. He senses in me my desire to learn more about Islam and I will be taking my Shahhadah very soon. I just want to be sure that I know what I need to know before so I can be a good muslima. I am not doing this light heartedly. This is something that I feel I have wanted and longed for, for a very long time.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Queen to my King

Default Muslimah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijonjake View Post
My friend is Muslim and he is very spiritual. He senses in me my desire to learn more about Islam and I will be taking my Shahhadah very soon. I just want to be sure that I know what I need to know before so I can be a good muslima. I am not doing this light heartedly. This is something that I feel I have wanted and longed for, for a very long time.
Alhamdullilah!!

Mash'allah!! I am so happy for you, May Allah guide you and bless you. As your sister in Islam, please let me know if you have any questions. As a convert myself, I want to tell you that the veil will be removed from your eyes, so many things will make sense to you and things will be so beautiful. So again please let me help you with any questions that you may have,

As Salamu Alaikum,

Diyanah

The Following User Says Thank You to QN2myKG For This Useful Post:
dijonjake (07-18-2009)
Old 07-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Closed

As Salamu Alaikum, I have some wonderful news, my friend asked me to be his wife yesterday and I agreed! Insh'Allah we will someday be married! He also wanted me to take my Shahaddah at the same time, but I told him wait a minute I need to catch my breath! So when I see him this coming Sunday Insh'Allah I will take my Shahaddah. I feel so happy!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijonjake View Post
As Salamu Alaikum, I have some wonderful news, my friend asked me to be his wife yesterday and I agreed! Insh'Allah we will someday be married! He also wanted me to take my Shahaddah at the same time, but I told him wait a minute I need to catch my breath! So when I see him this coming Sunday Insh'Allah I will take my Shahaddah. I feel so happy!

Waliakum asalaam sister. Alhamdulilah! What wonderful news!! If you have any q's, we are here to help, masha'Allah. May Allah (SWT) guide and bless you, sister, Ameen.
Salaam,
Aakifah

~~M'love

The Following User Says Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
dijonjake (07-20-2009)
Old 10-21-2014, 02:21 AM

Thanked 1,256 Times in 631 Posts
Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeswannabhiswyf View Post
Hi. Yes my fiance is an American Muslim......
Lol at myself. Forgive me y'all. I was new to this being with a Muslim thing. My husband is a Sunni Muslim. "American" Muslim... what was I thinking? Lol lol lol!

Old 10-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,278 Times in 589 Posts

A. ain't a Muslim nor could I imagine having a relationship with one.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound harsh. BUT I have to deal with many Muslim men at work everyday and to me, their ideology and their view on females are simply inhuman and misogynic.
Last night for example I've been the only nurse at our ward and there is this one Muslim who started a fight with me, even wanted to hit me...just because I didn't do what he wanted me to do and just because I didn't do it at the moment when he wanted me to (Sorry dude, wrong girl to talk crap to! Especially since I have to take care of 26 other patients...)...
He said stuff like "I'm a human being and YOU are just a woman" and so on..
Sorry, but THIS PISSES ME OFF! NOBODY is allowed to talk to me like this or even hit me!

And stuff like this happens all the time! Strangely enough not with Jews, Christians or other religions. It is not my religion and I don't want to live it! If they want to: it's up to them. But hell, leave me alone with that.
I'm tired of these BS-conversations every goddamn day!

And that is why I'm so damn glad, that A. ain't a Muslim.

There are, by the way, a few exceptions. But they can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Last edited by Miss Meeow; 10-21-2014 at 11:19 AM..
Old 10-21-2014, 02:22 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Meeow View Post

And that is why I'm so damn glad, that A. ain't a Muslim.

There are, by the way, a few exceptions. But they can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
Out of a billion people, the exceptions can be counted on one hand? Wow. You know what they say when you "assume"...
You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly
.”
― Rumi

Old 10-21-2014, 02:46 PM
TheBee'sKnees
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,717 Times in 1,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlelia View Post
My baby's swears he is buddahist, but on his store reciepts he still eat meat (beef ramen noodles were a dead giveaway.)
Not all Buddhists are vegetarian. Tibetan Buddhism does not stress abstaining from eating animals. Vegetarianism is a very personal choice and it would be incredibly difficult to get enough nutrition in prison as a vegetarian. No accommodation is made for vegetarians, even for religious reasons. Orisons don't serve pork at all because of Jews and Muslims who abstain, but vegetarians can't get extra protein if they choose not to eat meat.

And Buddhism really doesn't tell you not to do certain things. It encourages you to respond to your own internal desire to give up x or y as a result of your practice.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,278 Times in 589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancerintheDark View Post
Out of a billion people, the exceptions can be counted on one hand? Wow. You know what they say when you "assume"...
You obviously didn't get me right. I was talking about the ones I meet at work and on the street. The ones I met.
Because I was just talking about my experiences.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:08 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Donation Award 

So I have a question.

I read above the 'no pork in your homes or bodies' statement. What about individuals needing heart valve replacements? Virtually all tissue replacements are porcine, and there are situations where mechanical valves are not appropriate. So then what???

I cared for a Jehovah's Witness patient, who continued to refuse blood products until she died. I know each is a 'case by case' situation, because I had cared for other JW patient's who did accept blood, knowing they would be excommunicated.
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy's Girl View Post
So I have a question.

I read above the 'no pork in your homes or bodies' statement. What about individuals needing heart valve replacements? Virtually all tissue replacements are porcine, and there are situations where mechanical valves are not appropriate. So then what???

I cared for a Jehovah's Witness patient, who continued to refuse blood products until she died. I know each is a 'case by case' situation, because I had cared for other JW patient's who did accept blood, knowing they would be excommunicated.
Consumption of pork is prohibited. Use in transplants, where there is a medical necessity, is allowed. Jewish and Muslim law is not as strict as Jehovah Witness can be, medically.
You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly
.”
― Rumi

The Following User Says Thank You to DancerintheDark For This Useful Post:
Sammy's Girl (10-22-2014)