Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 07-02-2017, 12:34 PM

Sari, what a lovely update, thanks for checking-in and how exciting that he will be OUT soon! I can imagine the mix of nerves and excitement! Wishing him all the best for his homecoming and transition.

Things with my MWI have been up and down lately, mainly due to the fact he has been in the SHU transferring around, he has moved 5x this year, so communication has been limited but we have been making the best of it. The good news, actually great news, is he has less than 81 weeks till his release date and he should be in a half-way house next summer, We got it approved for him to go to a half-way house in my state too!

Otherwise, my summer is going well, hot and humid here in Jersey, but I'm keeping busy with running/racing and am currently a social work intern at a detention center and will earn my BSW degree before the end of this year!

Wishing everyone a happy summer, it's already going by fast for me, thankfully!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
miamac (07-02-2017), Sarianna (07-22-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Mischief Makin' Moderator on Leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,397 Posts

Sari, great to see you. I remember all the nerves when MrB was released in 14. It's scary and exciting and overwhelming and wonderful. I hate that you have to wait to see him, but it will give him a little time to acclimate to being out. It's rough on them, especially if they have done a lot of time. Is he paroling to family or a halfway house? I am so excited for you!!!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
miamac (07-02-2017), Sarianna (07-22-2017)
Old 07-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,839 Times in 895 Posts

Well, I seem to have graduated from MWI to girlfriend
I've received the most beautiful (love-)letter from Jeff where he says that I'm the one he wants and he's giving me his heart. He has been falling for me for some time now and is looking forward to our future
I'm beyond happy
Cutepixie (08-09-2017), maytayah (07-22-2017), miamac (07-02-2017), Sarianna (07-22-2017), WeepingWillow (07-04-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 08:17 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,493 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Well, I seem to have graduated from MWI to girlfriend
I've received the most beautiful (love-)letter from Jeff where he says that I'm the one he wants and he's giving me his heart. He has been falling for me for some time now and is looking forward to our future
I'm beyond happy
I just saw this now Mizzy, and wanted to say how happy I am for you both! I wish you all the best -- I think you have a great foundation for a relationship as you were friends for a while already
Old 07-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,493 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
So glad to see your check-in, Sari! We miss you.

I sort of envy your very good reason for not being able to visit right now. Last week at our facility it was 116 degrees. Has he mentioned the heat? I hear some buildings are ok, some not so good.

I hope his transition goes smoothly and that your visit is scheduled as soon as you're ready. It's all so exciting and nerve racking, I'm sure.
Thanks Mia! Yes, he has mentioned the heat...unbearable at times - just spoke to him yesterday and he said his fan is about to die...but of course I was able to tell him: only a few days now babe, hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo21216 View Post
Sari, what a lovely update, thanks for checking-in and how exciting that he will be OUT soon! I can imagine the mix of nerves and excitement! Wishing him all the best for his homecoming and transition.
Thank you lolo for your kind words. Hope you and your sweetie are doing well

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingMrsB View Post
Sari, great to see you. I remember all the nerves when MrB was released in 14. It's scary and exciting and overwhelming and wonderful. I hate that you have to wait to see him, but it will give him a little time to acclimate to being out. It's rough on them, especially if they have done a lot of time. Is he paroling to family or a halfway house? I am so excited for you!!!!!!!
Mrs B - thanks so much! Miss you guys too Yes, we hope that he'll be able to get himself settled a little bit before I barge in I'm cautiously optimistic as he seems to have some leads for work....and he'll be staying with family while looking for his own place (he's going to be released to county supervision and not state parole)

Thanks to all for your kind words....I'll be sure to check in! Have a great weekend
Old 08-30-2017, 04:30 PM

I am tired of this life with Me I I'm ready to move on too much