Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:40 PM

Default Help! Just found out I am pregnant & I need to tell him!

Hello all, I am very new to this. I just found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant with a man who has 2 years. I am very confused and emotional about all of this. He is currently being processed, so I have no idea how to get in touch with him.. I HAVE to tell him. And SOON! I want him to know that he is going to be a dad. Any thoughts??
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 02:44 PM
II SOOPA STAR
Donation Award 

If you know where he's being processed you may want to send him a letter and have him call you.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Fairy Fed Mother

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,393 Posts

Write a letter or wait for him to call...probably both.

GO BULLS!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:50 PM

Well they said he was going to go somewhere to be processed, but is that where he is going to end up? Does anyone know how long until I can see him or call him?
Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
A fresh start

Thanked 1,418 Times in 841 Posts

Unfortunately, it varies on the time frame. Some prisons are quicker than others. Do you have any idea where he went? Can you look him up on an imate locator? If you can get his address, I would atleast send him a letter informing him; it should lift his spirits if he would be excited about it. I know it is a scary thing. I was 8 weeks pregnant when my husband got sentenced, so I have done this journey alone. Remember, that you are not alone, PTO is always here for you. Having a child is a miracleous thing, and a gift from God. You can PM me anytime if you have any questions. Good luck!!!

-Formerly known as Dennisgirl-

A fresh start for my kids and I because we are worth it!!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:13 PM

Well today is a holiday so I will not be able to find out until tomorrow...I want to see him face to face, but i know that is not possible. I hope he will be excited. I am not sure, we were not actually together, giving space at the moment. I just need to talk to him, i am soooo frustrated!!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Fairy Fed Mother

Holiday today? CA doesn't have an inmate locator as far as I know, it's really hard actually to find inmates in California if you don't know where they are or you don't have a lot of information on them. You can try Vinelink but IDK...I put in information of a friend that I know is in CA...I know where he is but he doesn't come up on Vinelink. Time frame for processing depends...it could be a couple of weeks, it could be months. So you don't know where he went at all?

GO BULLS!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:27 PM
"One Love"

I would just write him a letter to his last known mailing address, although by the time he received the letter he might had already called you.

Congratulations!

Old 03-31-2010, 03:33 PM
TIL THA CASKET DROPS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl1198 View Post
Hello all, I am very new to this. I just found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant with a man who has 2 years. I am very confused and emotional about all of this. He is currently being processed, so I have no idea how to get in touch with him.. I HAVE to tell him. And SOON! I want him to know that he is going to be a dad. Any thoughts??

well 4 one...CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY!!!!
im sure as soon as hes done being processed you will be able to find out where to contact him hopefully it wont be too long!!!!

the love of my life went in when i was 2 months pregnant and he has 85% of 4 years!!!this is both of our first child so believe me its scary!!!ive only saw my love once since he has been in and he hasnt gotten the chance to meet our gorgeous son yet!!i was new to all of this too but im getting by even though its the hardest thing to be without him throughout this i couldnt be happier and my son brings so much joy to my life i just gotta keep on pushin try not to get too down about all of this.........i usually cry a lil everyday but 4 the most part i feel pretty damn strong!!!!

good luck hun hopefully you get to contact daddy soon and you can ease your mind a lil not good stressin so early in the pregnancy!!!

MISSIN HIM MORE THEN A BLINDMAN MISSES SIGHT!!!!

Last edited by RoddasMaMa; 03-31-2010 at 03:34 PM..
Old 03-31-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmcgrl23 View Post
Holiday today? CA doesn't have an inmate locator as far as I know, it's really hard actually to find inmates in California if you don't know where they are or you don't have a lot of information on them. You can try Vinelink but IDK...I put in information of a friend that I know is in CA...I know where he is but he doesn't come up on Vinelink. Time frame for processing depends...it could be a couple of weeks, it could be months. So you don't know where he went at all?

Today is Ceasar chavez day, believe I did not know either!! We do have an inmate locator but since he has been transferred from where he was for the last couple weeks, they will not tell me what prison he went to. I hope that it does not take months!!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,178 Posts

Quote:
Today is Ceasar chavez day, believe I did not know either!! We do have an inmate locator but since he has been transferred from where he was for the last couple weeks, they will not tell me what prison he went to. I hope that it does not take months!!!!

Today is not a county holiday. You should be able to call. If he is in LA County or was in LA County and on his way to reception you can go to www.lasd.org. Search inmate information and at the bottom of the page it will show custody release to whatever prison he was sent to. Hope this helps. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to ALWAYS HERE 4 M For This Useful Post:
Csmcgrl23 (03-31-2010)
Old 03-31-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddasMaMa View Post
well 4 one...CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY!!!!
im sure as soon as hes done being processed you will be able to find out where to contact him hopefully it wont be too long!!!!

the love of my life went in when i was 2 months pregnant and he has 85% of 4 years!!!this is both of our first child so believe me its scary!!!ive only saw my love once since he has been in and he hasnt gotten the chance to meet our gorgeous son yet!!i was new to all of this too but im getting by even though its the hardest thing to be without him throughout this i couldnt be happier and my son brings so much joy to my life i just gotta keep on pushin try not to get too down about all of this.........i usually cry a lil everyday but 4 the most part i feel pretty damn strong!!!!

good luck hun hopefully you get to contact daddy soon and you can ease your mind a lil not good stressin so early in the pregnancy!!!

Exactly what you said! I am stressing!!!! I am glad that there are people out there that have gone through what I am going through....Yea, my BFF says just wait til your baby is born and your baby will bring sooo much happiness to your life. but the bottom line is I need to tell him. I guess I just wish it was alot easier you know!!
The Following User Says Thank You to flygirl1198 For This Useful Post:
RoddasMaMa (03-31-2010)
Old 03-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Fairy Fed Mother

The courts are closed today. Yes LA County has an inmate locator but once they are moved to prison there really isn't a locator in that sense. I'm not understanding if you know where he went or not? How long has he been locked up? Obviously 6 weeks or less...but did you know he was about to do 2 years? Did he call you from county? Did you visit him there?

GO BULLS!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:54 PM

Congrats on the baby I'm sure you can write him a letter or wait until he calls you because he's probably going to call you really soon

Old 04-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmcgrl23 View Post
The courts are closed today. Yes LA County has an inmate locator but once they are moved to prison there really isn't a locator in that sense. I'm not understanding if you know where he went or not? How long has he been locked up? Obviously 6 weeks or less...but did you know he was about to do 2 years? Did he call you from county? Did you visit him there?

I heard that he got 2 years from a friend of his...He has only been locked up for 2 weeks. He did not call? I do not think he would know my # by heart. I tried calling the 916# but it has been busy all day..I really do not know what else to do??
Old 04-01-2010, 02:29 PM

First, congratulations, but don't be stressing too hard. Not good, especially since you just got pregnant. Take it easy, you're excited and want him to know, but just slow it down some. May not be anything you can do for a few days since it is a Holiday weekend. If it was me, I'd be calling the courts / units (I don't know how things work there, I'm sure a lot different than Texas) anyways, I would think if you were able to contact the right offices, they'd be of some assistance for you! Have you tried posting something on the CA. forum to see if someone could be more help to you?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Still loving my hubby...

Quote:
I heard that he got 2 years from a friend of his...He has only been locked up for 2 weeks. He did not call? I do not think he would know my # by heart. I tried calling the 916# but it has been busy all day..I really do not know what else to do??
Does the inmate locator show a custody release?? It should show his SP status too. He won't be transferred until he hits SP4. If he is still in county calling the 916 # won't help you. Good luck!

Old 04-01-2010, 02:44 PM

Yes. It does show, it said 3/29. What is SP status?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:59 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

In California, inmates transfer from County, post sentencing, to a "reception" prison. There are about 8 of them or so.

He will be there for a few months while he's processed and classified (minimum, medium or maximum security, etc) and then he'll be shipped to his mainline prison.

The best advice I can give is to be on the phone to the Inmate Locator at 7:55am and just keep hitting redial. I can tell you that the Inmate Locator won't have his info for 5-7 days after he leaves County. Looks like he might have shipped to state on Monday (3-29), so you can try calling again tomorrow morning and hopefully get through.

CA Inmate Locator = 916.445.6713 You will need his full name and DOB.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Still loving my hubby...

Quote:
Yes. It does show, it said 3/29. What is SP status?

If it shows custody release it will say where he went, If you want to PM me his info I will look it up and help you out. Let me know!

The Following User Says Thank You to ALWAYS HERE 4 M For This Useful Post:
PTO-110524 (04-01-2010)
Old 04-01-2010, 04:32 PM
REUNITING LOVED ONES

Quote:
hello all, i am very new to this. I just found out that i am 6 weeks pregnant with a man who has 2 years. I am very confused and emotional about all of this. He is currently being processed, so i have no idea how to get in touch with him.. I have to tell him. And soon! I want him to know that he is going to be a dad. Any thoughts??
hes being processed in prison..so if hes in reception it could be 2-3months before u hear frm him..if he just left county to go up state...he will contact u when the process is done..soon as he does via mail or letter inform him. Until thentake care of urself and enjoy being a mommie
Old 04-01-2010, 04:41 PM

Congrats on the baby...Well dear, the 916 number is always busy but try first thing in the morning and try for as long as possible. I had to do that myself. They also accept faxed request I believe. I was 5 months preggo when my fiance was being processed. It took a little over 1 month forhim to get mainlined, but while he was in reception I couldnt talk to him, only through letters, until our 1st visit (when I finally got approved). Once mainlined, I went to see him even the day before I was about to be induced..hehe..It can be lonesome, but if you love him and you want this baby, then it is priceless and worth the effort and wait. God Bless you

Old 04-01-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy86 View Post
Congrats on the baby...Well dear, the 916 number is always busy but try first thing in the morning and try for as long as possible. I had to do that myself. They also accept faxed request I believe. I was 5 months preggo when my fiance was being processed. It took a little over 1 month forhim to get mainlined, but while he was in reception I couldnt talk to him, only through letters, until our 1st visit (when I finally got approved). Once mainlined, I went to see him even the day before I was about to be induced..hehe..It can be lonesome, but if you love him and you want this baby, then it is priceless and worth the effort and wait. God Bless you
See that's the thing, we were not actually together BF and GF. We just hung out alot and were there for each other, but not necessarily dating. It just seems like it is going to be a WHILE until I am able to tell him that he is going to be a dad. Which totally sucks. I definitely want this baby, but I just want to make sure that he is onboard with it. But that does not look like its going to happen for a while.....
Old 04-19-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
See that's the thing, we were not actually together BF and GF. We just hung out alot and were there for each other, but not necessarily dating. It just seems like it is going to be a WHILE until I am able to tell him that he is going to be a dad. Which totally sucks. I definitely want this baby, but I just want to make sure that he is onboard with it. But that does not look like its going to happen for a while.....
well girl, God gave us the burden of child birth 'cuz he knew we'd be strong. As long as you know you can handle this by yourself, cuz you'll probably be doing this by yourself sicne he is in, and I always say that children are mommy's babies, daddy's maybes. But Good Luck and if u need someone to talk to just pm. I've been through all the emotional rollercoasters you can ever imagine. xoxo