Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Raising Children with Parents in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Raising Children with Parents in Prison For the Parent left behind with children AND for the Children that have a parent inside. Discussion of unique challenges facing this group!

Old 01-26-2015, 04:46 PM

Default Baby to be born while daddy's in prison.

Hey everyone, I'm having a rough time. I'm 8 months pregnant now. And my fiancé, Justin got sent away 3 months ago. I can't stand that he isn't here to feel the baby kicking, or reading to my stomach. It makes me sad he can't experience this pregnancy. And it really upsets me he won't be here by my side for the birth of our first son! I know I can't be the only one going through this. Can someone please help means tell you how it was for you, if you've been in this situation. This sucks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Patiently waiting

Sorry you have to go through this alone. I was 1 month into my pregnancy when my boyfriend went in and he didn't get out until 2 months before our little girl turned 2. So he basically missed her birth, her first holidays, her first birthday, and barely made it out in time for her 2nd birthday. I know you may think it is hard. But you don't know how much strength you have until you are left with no choice but to do it. You will be ok! And if you every need to reach out to me, you can always send me a Private message. I been where you are at and I know how it feels. Have a safe delivery and focus on you baby. The baby is going to need your full undivided attention.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:23 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,348 Times in 10,466 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. You will meet other members who are dealing with similar problems here.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:57 AM

I can relate to you very much, even though I did not have a loving relationship/enjoy my pregnancy at all with someone who cared, it's hard and you will be stressed beyond recognition and you will be lonely, but when you get through it it will be so worth it. You're stronger than you think, especially after giving birth. My baby's father was locked up 4 months before I was due and even though we weren't together it was very hard on me. But you have to think of that little baby, and keep him healthy I am always here if you need to talk
Old 09-02-2015, 05:04 PM

I'm in the same situation Im 6 months pregnant. I feel so lost and lonely and I dnt know what to do. I'm so scared to have this baby alone and am freaking out. Some one please help.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:43 AM

I went through the same I was 7 months pregnant when my bf went to jail because he violated probation. I ended up giving birth 12/4/16 and he still isn't out yet. I was extremely angry with him and sad but time and his family has helped a little...

Our baby boy is now 2 months and he still hasn't met his dad yet.. sometimes I do feel like shit and I end up crying because our son is so amazing but as I said before time does help...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jcgirl94 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-08-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 04:24 AM

I just did it. I was 8 months pregnant when he violated. I delivered c section with my mom there. Cried hysterically at night in hospital by myself. She's now 14 weeks old. He'll be home this summer. It sucks. A lot. But you do survive. I take her to see him 2x a week as he's still at county, he stayed there so he could be closer. It really isn't easy. It's scary and some days i don't want to get out of bed. Other days I'm OK. It will get better as time moves forward. I just love her, that is all i can do. I'm all she has in this world. I cannot screw up. That's how i look at things now. She comes first. I'm here if you need to talk.

Last edited by Heather7378; 05-12-2017 at 04:28 AM..