Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:00 PM

Question Do any of the Arizona facilities have video visits?

I was wondering if the visits are only in person or if some of the units have remote visit capabilities. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_pig View Post
I was wondering if the visits are only in person or if some of the units have remote visit capabilities. Thanks for your help!
Is your LO in ADOC prison, Federal (BOP), or in a county jail? I know Maricopa county jails now offer video visits however for Arizona prisons they do not currently have video visits. I am not sure on BOP. If you can let us know if he is in state prison, federal prison or county jail we will be better able to answer the question for you.

Best wishes-
Old 11-07-2017, 08:12 PM

Arizona state prison. Not sure which one he will be going to yet.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_pig View Post
Arizona state prison. Not sure which one he will be going to yet.
Unfortunately, there are not video visits currently for ADOC. Sorry!!! You never know though when that may change. When my LO 1st went in county did not offer video visits and they have for several years now.

Sorry you are on this journey....
The Following User Says Thank You to uRmylife For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-08-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 01:48 PM

What happened to all the talk about the tablets and video visits on them and emails and stuff for a fee? I know before my guy left Tucson staff had meetings saying they were gonna so them but he left And no word where he’s at - guess it fell through or was all talk... I was hoping it wasn’t bc I know doc Is always looking to make money and that would and some jails in Pima county have tried them and had great success w better behavior and other stuff and thought maybe that’s why Tucson was talking about it...
Old 11-14-2017, 01:57 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,910 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
What happened to all the talk about the tablets and video visits on them and emails and stuff for a fee? I know before my guy left Tucson staff had meetings saying they were gonna so them but he left And no word where heís at - guess it fell through or was all talk... I was hoping it wasnít bc I know doc Is always looking to make money and that would and some jails in Pima county have tried them and had great success w better behavior and other stuff and thought maybe thatís why Tucson was talking about it...
It's part of the incentive to integrate. I'm not sure if they've actually issued tablets to anyone yet though, as I don't know anyone who's signed. Anyway, the danger of video visits is them doing away with or severely limiting face to face visits. Pinal county jail has video visits (not via tablet) but that's all you can do. Nice to be able to visit from home but it really sucks that there's no real visits.

I talk to an inmate in Oregon where they have tablets you can "rent". He said he took one out for his cellie to listen to music on for his birthday. Iheart radio....$3 a MINUTE!
Old 11-14-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
It's part of the incentive to integrate. I'm not sure if they've actually issued tablets to anyone yet though, as I don't know anyone who's signed. Anyway, the danger of video visits is them doing away with or severely limiting face to face visits. Pinal county jail has video visits (not via tablet) but that's all you can do. Nice to be able to visit from home but it really sucks that there's no real visits.

I talk to an inmate in Oregon where they have tablets you can "rent". He said he took one out for his cellie to listen to music on for his birthday. Iheart radio....$3 a MINUTE!
THat is crazy!! The pricing I mean my god! They take advantage any way they can it seems... so sad
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-14-2017)