Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison > PWCIP - Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PWCIP - Introductions Welcome to the Parents With Children in Prison Forum. Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself!

Old 11-07-2017, 11:27 PM

Default Scared again in Colorado

I'm not new to my son being in prison as I've been doing this for almost 10 yrs. Feels like a lifetime. My son is now in the Federal prison system, which so far feels worse....more sadness and fear again. I have no idea when I'll get to talk to him (he just got to Victorville a few days ago) and I am so worried and broken hearted like it's a new emotion.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2017, 05:53 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,187 Times in 10,376 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. From what I have read about Victorville, the frequent prison lockdowns will make it difficult to contact your Son. Sometimes the only way is by snail mail correspondence.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/for...lay.php?f=1652
Old 11-08-2017, 12:55 PM

Default Thank you

Yes. That is what I've discovered by reading the forum as well. He has legal stuff to take care of and it makes me wonder if he'll have time to take care of that stuff when they're not in lockdown.

He did have, I assume, his cellmate, get a message to me early this morning that he is ok so I feel so much better. Doesn't stop my overall worry since I am a momma but it calms me down a bit.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,430 Times in 2,928 Posts

You are bound to worry as a Mother, I worried when my son was inside the prison walls. However your son will be ok if he keeps his head down and does his time. Hopefully he will get access to corrlinks email and phone calls they get 400 minutes in November and December and 300 minutes every other month.
Victorville is tough and lock downs are frequent but my ex liked it there so its not too bad.
I hope you hear from your son soon.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 11-08-2017, 06:38 PM

Yes worry is what goes along with a child's difficult journey it seems. Thanks for the information. I was able to get on Corrlinks and already sent him a message.
The Following User Says Thank You to hippiechick45 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-09-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiechick45 View Post
I'm not new to my son being in prison as I've been doing this for almost 10 yrs. Feels like a lifetime. My son is now in the Federal prison system, which so far feels worse....more sadness and fear again. I have no idea when I'll get to talk to him (he just got to Victorville a few days ago) and I am so worried and broken hearted like it's a new emotion.
I'm so sorry sending my Prayers. My son is 20 facing years so sad seeing our children going thru this.