Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to the Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Alabama.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:56 PM

Question Alabama Members At Bibb

does anyone else out there have a loved one in Bibb? my son has been there since febuary.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2006, 12:11 PM

HI THERE proudmom...with a joyful noise....no my husband is not at bibb...BUT he spend most of OUR time together there. He finished his sentence in Feb of this year. We do however keep in touch with a couple of guys there..

Is there anything I can help you with?

Welcome to PTO.....
Old 06-20-2006, 03:15 AM
I'm not me without him

The Love of my life has been @ Bibb Co. for almost 2 weeks now.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:55 PM

Unhappy re:love of my life at bibb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristienmark
The Love of my life has been @ Bibb Co. for almost 2 weeks now.
sorry to here that.do you know how long he will be there? my son has been there since the end of febuary.but has been incarerated since october 2005.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm not me without him

Default Not long I hope

Mom,
Marks good release date is on my birthday!!!!!! January 6, 2008 .

But the good news is that he already has a parole hearing date July 12, 2006 .

So I hope all will go well, but I don;t know if they will grant him parole. he has charges pending.
How long will your son be @ Bibb?
Do you visit often. My 1st visit is sunday. I am so excited to see him, its been almost 6 weeks.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:33 AM

Thumbs up Love Of Life At Bibb

HI KRISTIENMARK, hope your visit was great.i know how it is to have to go with a hug or any kind of personal contact.my son has been incararated since oct.2005,was moved to kilby the first of the year,then on to Bibb.i live about 2 hours from Bibb,but i have only been able to visit him twice.we dont know how long he will be there.he also has charges here,and the parole board says that he wont get a parole hearing date set until these charges are taken care of.i have never heard of anyone getting a parole date set in two weeks time.how did that happen?richards visits are on saturdays,and if they fall on a saturday when i have his little girls,then i cant visit,but he gets to call and talk to them on the phone.best of luck to you and Mark.l
Old 06-25-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm not me without him

Mom,
Our visit went wonderful today, Well except at the end when I almost lost it. It's just like we are starting all over at the begenning of his incarceration. We talked, laughed, touched and kissed several times. I was so nervus. It took me a little under 2 hrs to get there. I was late as usual. The directions I wrote down off of the internet, oh my gosh, I was making circles. But, I found it, and spent 4 hrs with the man of my dreams. But I cant seem to pull myself back together.
Mark was still in the Walker County Jail, waiting to be sent "South" when he recieved his parole hearing date. His preleminary hearing was 10 days ago, and they offered him a plea of 10 yrs. to run concurrant with his other 2 sentances. I am praying for parole, so is he. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but I dont want to be so disappointed when he is denied.
The one thing that helps me get out of bed every day, is just knowing that He will be with me again soon.
Kristienmark
Old 06-26-2006, 07:45 AM

Thumbs up hi kristie

believe me when i tell you that i,and everyone else on this forum,know exactly what you are going thru.hey girl,you did better than me!i did lose it!i cried all the way to the car.as a mother,i still want to protect him and i wanted so badly to bring him home with me.he would not look at me as i left.he said "i just could not watch you leave,i knew i would crie.and THAT is not a good thing to do in here."we lovethem,love them!it doesnt matter if they are our fiancee's,husbands,sons,brothers,etc.WE all feel and love the same.remember,our hearts go out to you,as well as our prayers.keep faith and hope,he will be home before you know it.Richards visits are on saturdays,and i try to get there once a month.i have to have someone else to drive,which means his wife,even tho they arent together.she is living with another man.i also have a 2 hour drive.i live on sand mountain,in marshall co. but we do what we have to do.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm not me without him

Proudmom,
I am getting back to normal in our everyday routine. Sometimes Mark is demanding on me. Sometimes I think he needs a reality pill. I work 48hrs a week (12hr shifts) Have two wonderful kids (Connar, 7 & Anna Grace, 5)
Mark thinks when he needs something done, or if I haven;t written him a 7 page letter that I don't love him anymore. Do any of you have a problem similar?
Old 07-01-2006, 07:53 AM

Default demanding husband

Quote:
Proudmom,
I am getting back to normal in our everyday routine. Sometimes Mark is demanding on me. Sometimes I think he needs a reality pill. I work 48hrs a week (12hr shifts) Have two wonderful kids (Connar, 7 & Anna Grace, 5)
Mark thinks when he needs something done, or if I haven;t written him a 7 page letter that I don't love him anymore. Do any of you have a problem similar?
hi kristie, yes sweetie,we all do have similar problems.i dont know how old Mark is,but he seems kind of immature.my son does not make demands,and he is realy grateful for every thing i do for him,but that may be the difference in being a mom and a wife.but,although i send him a book of 20 postage stamps at the begining of each month when i send him money,i may get about 3 letters from him in a month.he says nothing much different ever happens in there and there isnt much to write about. but, let him not get letters from mom regularly and he is on the phone wanting to know what is wrong!
Old 07-01-2006, 08:05 AM

Default demanding husband

Quote:
Proudmom,
kristie,are you the one who told me you are in Boaz,AL.? i think that Mark is probably feeling insecure.a LOT of the guys in there have gotten dear john letters from wives and girlfriends,and they are probably telling him to expect the same. my sons wife writes him and goes to visit,but she is living with another man.she tells him she has no choice,she has no where else to go. i'm sending you my email address in a privite message. Shelia
Old 07-05-2006, 03:11 AM
I'm not me without him

No, I am in the Free State of Winston. I travel to Tucaloosa and hit 82. Thank you so much, proud mom for your email. By the way, Mark is 43, and he sometimes is very self-centered. But is also the most loving, caring and sexy man I have ever met. This is the first time he has ever been in prison, but not long after we got together in 2004, he was in county jail for 5 1/2 months. Everything that he is saying now, Is like a broken record. I can recall his sister saying the same thing 2 yrs. ago.
I haven't heard anything yet about the dear john letters, I don't think that has anything to do with it. Mark has been battling his insecurities for years. It has caused us alot of trouble. We manage to work through it. He is all the time wanting me to convince him of things via phone, letters, ect. I tell him that I am telling him how things really are, and if thats not good enough I cant help it. He has had 2 prior marriages, that, well lets just say, he has reason to have some insecurities, but I tell him I am not like they are and I resent being punished for their behavior.

Last edited by kristienmark; 07-05-2006 at 03:19 AM..
Old 07-07-2006, 05:12 PM

hi guys, i hope everyone had a great 4th! richie called from Bibb and said that they were seved REAL food. they each got two slices of pizza,a hotdog and a slice of watermelon.which can only mean that some local church donated food to them.BLESS THEM LORD! it takes so little to make them happy. i will be leaving about 6:00 a.m. to go see him.and more good news,he received a letter from his attorney here,in albertville,saying that he will meet with the local da to see if they can agree on a deal concerning richies pending charges,and THEN maybe he will get a parole date set.please everyone keep us in your prayers concerning this! everyone have a great weekend and may GOD bless you all. shelial
Old 07-08-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm not me without him

mom,
I hope your visit went well today with Richie. I am going to see Mark tomrrow. I can't wait. I miss him so much. I know you and everyone else here at PTO feel the same as I.
Good luck on getting your son a hearing date. Mark's day is this week!! It;s all in Gods hands now...... Everyone please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Think about Mark and I on 07/12/06. Mark will still be in Brent, but I will be in Montgomery.
Krisite
Old 07-10-2006, 06:50 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
mom,
I hope your visit went well today with Richie. I am going to see Mark tomrrow. I can't wait. I miss him so much. I know you and everyone else here at PTO feel the same as I.
Good luck on getting your son a hearing date. Mark's day is this week!! It;s all in Gods hands now...... Everyone please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Think about Mark and I on 07/12/06. Mark will still be in Brent, but I will be in Montgomery.
Krisite
hi kristie,my visit went great. and things seem to be starting to look up ,and i do mean UP. richie's attorney has contacted him , and he just signed a contract for a crimebill program which he was desparately trying to get into. he is making plans for his future.great sign! i will be thinking about you and mark, and praying for a good outcome. stay strong, remember that God loves you and mark.we are all here for you.shelia
Old 07-11-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm not me without him

Well, everyone, I am leaving for Montgomery tonight. A dear friend and my children are going. They will stay at the motel while I go to the parole hearing. Every one keep uos in your prayers. I am a nervous wreck about Marks parole hearing. Thanks for all your support.
Kristie
Old 07-12-2006, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Well, everyone, I am leaving for Montgomery tonight. A dear friend and my children are going. They will stay at the motel while I go to the parole hearing. Every one keep uos in your prayers. I am a nervous wreck about Marks parole hearing. Thanks for all your support.
Kristie
kristie, you and mark are certainly in my,and i'm sure everyone here, prayers.i've had you on my mind all week. you certainly seem to be one strong woman,and i hope mark appreciates you. i received a realy sweet letter from my richie yesterday, thanking me for being his mom and for loving him like i do. as for me, i am here getting ready for a visit from my grandaughters "guardian adlitem". thats a court appointed attorney who is supposed to protect the childrens rights. i feel it is just another way to throw a little work in the direction of these attorney's who cant get cases any other way,and ofcourse to "suck up a little taxpayer money." anyway he has got to come out and make sure that the home i could be bringing the grandaughters i have been loving and caring for for over nine years, is a fit environment for them. you just have to love our justice system, dont you! kristie, i cant wait for you to get back and tell us all about what happened the p.b. hearing.i need to know what to expect if i ever get there with richie. goodluck & love, shelia
Old 07-13-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm not me without him

Thumbs down No Luck IN MONTGOMERY

HELLO PROUDMOM,
I GUESS YOU KNOW HOW VERY BLUE I AM TODAY. MARK DID NOT MAKE PAROLE. THE BOARD MEMBERS ARE NOT VERY NICE. I DIDN'T REALLY THINK THAT WE WOULD GET PAROLED, BUT THEY COULD HAVE BEEN ALITTLE NICER ABOUT IT. THEY WERE NOT HARD ON ME BUT THE TORE MARKS DAD APART. I WAS PREPARED BUT I GUESS IT WAS APPARENT THAT HE WAS NOT. MARK HAS TO COMPLETE THE CRIME BILL BEFORE POSSIBLE PAROLE. WE KNEW THAT. WELL EVERYONE EXCEPT MARK. IT WAS AN EMOTIONAL DAY, BUT NEVER THE LESS, I AM NOW STRONGER THAN BEFORE. WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER PAROLE DATE SET FOR MAY. 10 MORE MONTHS WITHOUT THE LOVE OF MY LIFE.
SOMETIMES ITS HARD TO GET OUT OF BED IN THE MORNINGS. I HAVEN'T BEEN OUT OF BED LONG TODAY. ME AND ANNA GRACE (5) HAVE BEEN WATCHING TV, AND SINGING GRETCHIN WILSON SONGS. SHE IS SO CUTE!!!!!! IM JUST SO TIRED OF THEM SEEING ME CRY EVERY SINGLE DAY. IT HAS REALLY BEEN ROUGH ON THEM. MARK GOT ARRESTED ON MARCH 6TH AND MY ONLY BROTHER GOT KILLED APRIL 28TH. I DON'T KNOW HOW I AM STILL SANE. BUT LIKE MY LOVE ALWAYS TELLS ME, KRISTIE, GOD WILL NOT PUT ON YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE. MY REPLY TO THAT IS MAYBE NOT, BUT SOMETIMES HE SURE GETS CLOSE. . THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING US IN YOUR PRAYERS. IM GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR RITCHIE IS DOING WELL. WHAT DORM IS HE LOCATED IN? I WONDER IF HE KNOWS MARK?
I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER, THANKS FOR YOUR POST.
KRISTIE
Old 07-14-2006, 07:43 AM

kristie, i am so very,very sorry. my heart and my prayers go out to you, your children,and mark. i know that the crimebill program is crucial to their making parole. that is why richie has been trying so desperately to get into it. but the good news is that it looks like he will be intering it soon. if he doesn't get in with the next group,he will have to wait until october. he hopes to go in immediately. he says he wants to parole out in 2007. he is making plans for his future. richie is on block 2, but he spends most of his time on block 1 where he has friends. he was having a lot of problems with some of the inmates on B1, then the guards came and moved everyone except the inmates waiting to enter crimebill to B2. we thought that this was in answer to our prayers. then a couple of days later they came and moved richie to B2 also. he is trying really hard not to get a disciplinary report in his jacket, but he says he doesn't know how much longer it can last. so we are praying that he get to go into crimebill immediately. he is under a LOT of prayer. so, i know he is going to be alright. he tells me all the time '' we are going to get thru this mom!"" and i know we will, you know that some times it gets so hard. why was the parole board so hard on marks dad? surely they don't blame him for marks problems? there is another website called prisonforum.com . they have a prayer circle. i have put richard on every prayer list i can find. maybe you should check it out. you know, sometimes we have to see someone who is worse off than ourselves in order to know how blessed we are. we know that mark and richie will be coming home soon. so many others are not. stay strong kristie, and look to GOD to see you thru.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:00 AM

kristie. i'm so sorry, i gave you the wrong information. the ' prayer circle" is on our own prisontalk forum. get on it. i go to it first thing every morning so that i can pray for and with everyone on it. shelia
Old 07-16-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm not me without him

Angry parole board

mom,
the parole was hard on Marks dad because he was not prepared. He didnt really know what the crime bill was. Where he initally went wrong is he didnt state the facts, he was using words like "i hope" eg..I hope when mark gets out he will come and work with me. He also made the statement that I wont Mark to get the help he needs and I dont think he will get that in Bibb Co. Thats when the parole board set into him. The Crime Bill is their baby.
kristie
Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 AM

Quote:
mom,
the parole was hard on Marks dad because he was not prepared. He didnt really know what the crime bill was. Where he initally went wrong is he didnt state the facts, he was using words like "i hope" eg..I hope when mark gets out he will come and work with me. He also made the statement that I wont Mark to get the help he needs and I dont think he will get that in Bibb Co. Thats when the parole board set into him. The Crime Bill is their baby.
kristie
kristie, bless his heart,i know he has to be feeling terrible. is mark approved for the crimebill program? i know it takes a while to get in. its a 6 month program and they have to wait until a group graduates to get in. Richie called me saturday night at 10:30 and said they came and took all his friends to the crimebill dorm and did'nt take him. he has signed a contract, but if he doesn't get in with this group,he will have to wait until october. that will put him put him at april for graduating. he doesn't have a parole date set yet. he hopes to parole out in 2007. maybe you can tell me what to expect at the hearing. i'm going to send you my email address in a private message.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm not me without him

mom,
Mark has not even signed up for the crime bill yet!!!!! He said he was not going to either. The ADOC could kiss his a*#. I wrote him a letter today, and told him if he didn't sign up, I would not write another letter, email, or make another phone call on his behalf. Nor would I make that trip to Montgomery next May for the Board to deny him parole AGAIN, because his stubborn butt wouldnt sign up for the crime bill. What else has he got to do? It's not like he is pushed for time in there. I will pray that Richie gets in the Crime Bill ASAP. I'm glad that he is mature enough to make the right decision. Mark sometimes acts like a 43yo child.
Kristie
Old 07-18-2006, 07:36 AM

Default alabama members at bibb

Quote:
mom,
Mark has not even signed up for the crime bill yet!!!!! He said he was not going to either. The ADOC could kiss his a*#. I wrote him a letter today, and told him if he didn't sign up, I would not write another letter, email, or make another phone call on his behalf. Nor would I make that trip to Montgomery next May for the Board to deny him parole AGAIN, because his stubborn butt wouldnt sign up for the crime bill. What else has he got to do? It's not like he is pushed for time in there. I will pray that Richie gets in the Crime Bill ASAP. I'm glad that he is mature enough to make the right decision. Mark sometimes acts like a 43yo child.
Kristie
kristie, i can't believe it! doe's he acualy like it in there, and want to stay? surely he was just disapointed and letting off steam. i do a lot for richie out here , but he is appreciative and doe's everything he can on his end. he has applied for several programs,including one called"long distance dads" which he has'nt heard from yet. he applied and was approved for the crimebill program as soon as he arrived at bibb. it has taken this long for him to get the contract for it signed, and has'nt acualy gotten into the dorm yet. he has received several awards for completing bible study courses and for constructive use of leisure time. if he were not doing his part, as much as i want him home, i would drop him on his butt. and he is only 26.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm not me without him

I just got off the phone with Mark and he said he has signed up for the crime bill. I wrote him a letter and mailed it yesterday. Bipolar aint the word for this, but I told him he better get enroled, and better get an A++++++++.LOL
Tell Richie to keep up the good work!!!
Krisite