Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:09 AM
Account Closed

Talking OREGON Marriage Q&A

Hello Ladies,

My man and I get married in October. Then I will fly back home and continue residing in Germany (I'm a German citizen).
I want to conclude a marriage contract. A simple one-pager that all property and debts remain with the other. Nothing spectacular. We will still have 5 years apart ahead so regardless of the tremendous love we have for each other, I want to keep it real.

I'm not aware how marriage contracts can be concluded over there in prison. Can I just let my two witnesses sign together with us on the big day, and DOC will do the legal paperwork? Does Oregon require notary public to take part? Has anyone any experiences?

Thanks in advance for your infos.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2017, 10:29 AM
attorney

Thanked 21,122 Times in 7,426 Posts

Each state handles property and debt issues differently. What may be valid in one state may be completely invalid in another state. Since you are traveling to Oregon to marry him, Oregon law would apply. You're going to have to consult an Oregon attorney to see if there is a way to create a valid "what's mine is mine, what's yours is yours" sort of marriage contract.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:43 PM

Talking How complicated is it to get married while fiance is in prison in Oregon?

My fiancé and I are debating whether to get married while he is in prison or if it would be better to wait until he gets out... How complicated is it to get married while he is in prison? What is the process like? Any information would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-07-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredswife17 View Post
My fiancé and I are debating whether to get married while he is in prison or if it would be better to wait until he gets out... How complicated is it to get married while he is in prison? What is the process like? Any information would be greatly appreciated
I did some research and saw that you aren't allowed to in Oregon. I was thinking of maybe doing that while my boyfriend is serving his time. I hope my info is wrong
Old 08-08-2017, 06:34 AM
Account Closed

My man and I are in constant communication with the chaplain at Two Rivers. We have an approved date and are getting ready to get the license done next month. I don't know where you got that info from.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:35 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredswife17 View Post
Send me a PM and I fill you in. Even though we marry in October, I do know the whole process until then.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:29 AM
Drew’s one & only

Default OSP wedding

My fiancé & I need to find an officiate so we can get married this October. We just got a marriage packet but need any info on how to find/get an officiate & also how to get the marriage license too. Any info would be awesome on this.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:31 PM

Hoping I'm on the right thread: My fiance and I have been approved for getting married in October. I have questions about restitution: I own my own home, can the government or FLU attack my property if I marry my inmate? I know Oregon is NOT a community property state so am I protected from his fines? Once married, will they make me pay for his fees also? I'm questioning even getting married now since his rest. is so much and I wouldn't be able to live with making payments to them.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang7905 View Post
My fiancé & I need to find an officiate so we can get married this October. We just got a marriage packet but need any info on how to find/get an officiate & also how to get the marriage license too. Any info would be awesome on this.
The Chaplin at the facility might have a list of people that are already approved.