Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Lifer
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Lifer For those whose loved one is serving a life sentence.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:16 AM

Smile In the beginning of being in relationship with lifer: How do you stay sane?

Hello Iam new to this site Iam experienceing the beginning of being in a relationship with a lifer it's been going on 3 years, sometimes I have good days and sometimes I have sad and lonely days we talk on the phone everyday we write and I visit twice a month. I found words of encouragement and verse from the Bible to motive him and keep him strong. He tells me I keep him sane but honestly he keeps me sane he was denied the first go around for appeals court now we are moving forward to Supreme Court I have no idea what to expect next so can somebody please tell me what to do or expect next how do you guys keep your insanity thank u
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2017, 02:26 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,007 Times in 13,523 Posts

Hello & welcome to PTO I've moved your post & given you your own thread so you can get replies specific to you & your questions
Old 09-27-2017, 11:58 AM

Welcome to the site! It's tough sticking by someone who may never see the light of day on the other side of those walls and fences : ( It's a day by day process...some days are easier then others... It sounds like the Bible is somewhere you and him find strength-keep reading, keep praying and keep trusting God to work things out!
Old 10-10-2017, 05:40 AM

Me and him communicate via email and we also do virtual visitation....outside of the weekly visits. We still pen and paper write each other....send one another cards. We also read books together as well as complete activities together for example, right now me and him and are doing a 31 day creative drawing activity where we draw the first thing that comes to mind with a caption that could be one sentence or you can go in detail doesn't matter your choice. At the end of the month we will exchange the drawings to see what was going on in our head that day.