Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:52 PM

Question What happens during mainline

My granddaughter was transferred from Reception over two weeks ago and she hasn’t called or written for over three weeks. This is not like her. She usually writes twice a week and calls whenever she is allowed. I called the records office and they provided me with her housing info. They also said that she is in general population and should be able to make phone calls. I know that she would call if she could so I am very concerned. Anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2019, 06:44 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,079 Times in 15,516 Posts

While I dont know, she may be getting adjusted still. When they first mainline (at least how it happened for my hub) there is a short orientation time period. Its not very long but I know they cant call during it.
She might be learning how the phone system works there. for example in my hubs prison they had to sign up for phone calls (specific times they wanted to use the phone)
I hope you have heard from her by now, especially since this weekend was mothers day.

adding, its possible they could be on lockdown? (sometimes that means no visits or phone calls)

That's my dog's nose art

Last edited by sidewalker; 05-14-2019 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: add