Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison For anyone that has a same sex partner, family member, friend or Pen Pal in prison that is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgendered.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:31 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,925 Times in 7,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwier84 View Post
It's been 16 years since you posted this forum.
Chances of you seeing this message are extremely low.
I came across to this page while I was researching for a paper.
If you ever read this message: how was your experience?

I doubt that you will get a response. This member has not been here since 2003.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2019, 11:33 PM

Wink my prayers are with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1 View Post
I am going into the federal system for 10 months. I will be at either the detention center at seattle or the camp at sheridan Oregon. The judge is making it so my other half can visit but anyone know how I will be treated???? HELP
I have never been to those prisons but my heart is with you be optimistic and hopefully they have programs like PREA there where they have special watch for that sort of thing if you are targeted make sure you get to someone asap. It's sad that as adults there are still those immature people that look at color , religion or sexuality as something to hurt you over. I wish we could all just be good to one another. good luck. TEE PLR
Old 08-01-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I am going into the federal system for 10 months. I will be at either the detention center at seattle or the camp at sheridan Oregon. The judge is making it so my other half can visit but anyone know how I will be treated???? HELP
I was just released from Sheridan camp and am a gay male. My suggestion is to just be yourself. There are a lot of gay folks there! First thing to do is go to the art room and sign up for classes there, it is a safe space. Go to the library, it is a safe space. If you are going into the trap program, it is a great way to meet people and open up in a safe way, if not, try and stay away from the shenanigans in building 5!! It can be fun but it gets crazy sometimes. Just be you, be respectful and you’ll be fine. The best way I found to do my time was to take classes they had offered that were taught by the inmates. It takes up time and you learn a lot. It is boring, just like any other prison, that will be the worst part, finding things to take up your time and getting yourself a program so you can keep it going. Hope that helps!
Old 08-01-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Aaaaand I just realized this post was from 2003 so you’re probably fine by now lol.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:00 PM

If you are headed to a camp chances are you will be okay. Most (granted not all) people that made it to camp from Higher Security facilities are trying to stay out of trouble as well because they almost have a foot out the door. Just be courteous and respectful to others, don't be "flamboyant" and keep mostly to yourself and the 10 months will be over before you realize it.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdssf85 View Post
Aaaaand I just realized this post was from 2003 so you’re probably fine by now lol.

Hahahaha...I just replied because I thought it was a fresh post as well.