Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: How many times have you done this
Just this once 2,744 87.39%
More than once 378 12.04%
Rather not say 18 0.57%
Voters: 3140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2015, 12:30 AM
Donation Award 

This is my second time around. My previous husband was incarcerated and became an addict while inside and passed away of a drug overdose. So for me this is a hard one to do.. when I remarried I never thought I would be doing this again but here I am and I love him and will stand by him as long as he keeps his head straight - I won't do the addict thing again, it was just to much and he knows it.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:50 PM

This is my first relationship with a man in prison. Although it's very hard I love and appreciate him. He's humble kind loving and he cares about me and my feelings. I have good days and bad days. Talking to him and emails and letters give me hope.when I go to see him he makes me smile I know that is why I love him he cares for me dearly. I don't think I will ever be in this situation again. Because I look forward to him coming home and U.S. Being a family.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe cool wifey For This Useful Post:
Zingwoft (11-23-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisWife401 View Post
This is my second time around. My previous husband was incarcerated and became an addict while inside and passed away of a drug overdose. So for me this is a hard one to do.. when I remarried I never thought I would be doing this again but here I am and I love him and will stand by him as long as he keeps his head straight - I won't do the addict thing again, it was just to much and he knows it.
It's really hard my love has three years left I sometimes wonder if I will make it. At times I miss him badly but I know the love we have for one another is real pure and genuine. he was in a bad marriage as I was in a bad relationship. So we both know what we need to do to make this relationship last. I love him I will continue to be by his side. I know he's a good man. I have been judged by people who don't understand what we go through. Being with someone that incarcerated not easy I take it one day at a time. I know one day he will be coming home to me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe cool wifey For This Useful Post:
HisWife401 (07-21-2015), Zingwoft (11-23-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 08:06 AM
Donation Award 

This is my first, and surely better be my last time being with a man inside.
Hold on say yes, while people say no
Old 07-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe cool wifey View Post
It's really hard my love has three years left I sometimes wonder if I will make it. At times I miss him badly but I know the love we have for one another is real pure and genuine. he was in a bad marriage as I was in a bad relationship. So we both know what we need to do to make this relationship last. I love him I will continue to be by his side. I know he's a good man. I have been judged by people who don't understand what we go through. Being with someone that incarcerated not easy I take it one day at a time. I know one day he will be coming home to me.

Just take it one day at a time and have faith, faith that they will do everything they need to do to come home.
Jimenez0401 (07-22-2015), Zingwoft (11-23-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 09:34 AM

Default This is my 1st

This is the 1st person for me.I fell in love with him as pen pals, and now we are officially together. I visit him often & we talk every other day. But I can't help but wonder if it's just because he is locked up. Like I guess my main fear is that I will be there for him, wait these next 2 years & then when he gets out he is not with me. Maybe it's just my insecurities. He has told his mom & family & friends about me & we all keep in touch by text & what not but I can't deny that doubt is in the back of my mind. Trying to stay positive. I love him so much.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimenez0401 For This Useful Post:
MariaFairmaiden (10-14-2015), nicasm (08-02-2015), Quetz (09-04-2015), ttttia (10-24-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 08:20 AM

I have never been in a relationship with a convict. We met on facebook, we were both in a group of people with similiar interest and we just started talking one day and that was it for us both. I later found out he was on parole and basically has been in and out all of his adult life, but it was to late by then I already loved him lol. The time he is serving now is over something that happened before we got together. Since we have been together he has been good. I truly believe that he has something now that he has never had before, a family of his own, people who love him and have his back no matter what. And because of that he wants to straighten up and live right. But the past always catches up so we just have to make it through this and then we can move on with our lives!
Old 08-09-2015, 12:52 AM
Arohanui Pepa
Donation Award 

nope , my ex was in prison too. Had known him for 11 years before he was locked up.
Guy Im with now, I met before he was locked up, but we got close while he was locked up.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:18 PM

Default Love Full Circle

This is my first relationship with someone in prison.
He was actually my High School Sweetheart.
It's the typical story of good girl falls for bad boy.
I was college bound, he cheated, and I thought to myself "I have my whole life ahead of me!" So I broke up with him and went to college. Apparently he committed a violent crime 3 months after our breakup, tried as an adult at 17 and was locked up for 9 years. He's been in and out ever since. In hindsight, I feel really bad...because he was trying to work things out before I left, but I was over it. My head was in my books, and not on him. We were so young at the time!

Fast forward 18 years, he found me on Facebook last year lol.
Except he was locked up, and I was free. I accepted him almost immediately. I feel like we are both adults now, we know what we want, and we are definitely ready to Love eachother again. I miss him every day.

We talk and write all the time. I was never able to visit because when we reconnected he was in Mississippi. Now that he has been transferred to California, you cannot begin to imagine the excitement I'm feeling at being able to Hug, Kiss, feel him. I love him so much.

Last edited by LLSmoothe; 08-20-2015 at 06:33 PM..
Old 08-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Home since 03/2016 <3

This is the first boyfriend I've ever had who had even the slightest encounter with law enforcement. I hope this doesn't sound "holier than thou" (totally not my intention!) but I honestly never imagined I would be with a guy who was in jail. I always had this - pretty ignorant - impression that everyone who was incarcerated had to by default be a bad person. I now realize that there are all types in there: bad people and good people, people who are actually innocent, people who are trying to improve themselves and people who are just in a self-destructive downward spiral...etc. My hope for Luke is that he uses this time for reflection and comes out the other end a better person. I have full faith that he will. And I'll wait as long as it takes.
The Following User Says Thank You to SlightLeaJar For This Useful Post:
AnarchyHeart (10-24-2015)
Old 08-21-2015, 09:33 PM
Sajia

Default First Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula0422 View Post
Just wondering how many woman have had more that one romantic relationship with an man incarcerated? Not at the same time just more than one relationship.

Example; he came home and it did not work out
or he used you while he was in and was not with you when he came home. Just curious.............
This is my first time and we have been together now for 2 1/2 years and going strong. We are engaged.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:20 PM

This is my first time finding somebody in prison,and I no I've found my soul mate for life.it's been 3 moths since we met and i no hes my 1.I just cant imagine what life will be like when i can hold him.1 more mth to go.so excited.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:54 AM
98% mean :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,059 Times in 1,423 Posts

First and last. Who would want to do this all over again with somebody else?
To be with you will save the day
'Cos I know
When I'm with you again
You just steal my heart away

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Psychocandy For This Useful Post:
darkbrowneyes (08-23-2015), kazza46 (08-29-2015), key-csh (09-06-2015), kocha79 (08-28-2015), ttttia (10-24-2015), Zingwoft (11-23-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 10:17 AM

This is my first one and i would do it all over again hes the best and hes changed soo much sometimes it dose get really emotional that hes not here
The Following User Says Thank You to jjuddyyy For This Useful Post:
Zingwoft (11-23-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 07:31 PM

This is my first relationship with someone in prison for a long time. My son's father did 3 months in county.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Kaitlin

This is my first time in a relationship with someone in prison. When I first met him, he was free but knew he was looking at some time and I went into this as his supportive friend.. just turned out to be more

As for the county, my close friend had been in and out of jail for probation violations for the 3 years I'd known him. Idk what I was going through, but I decided to try to be more than friends and ended up being really hurt/used.

The bad experiences only made me stronger though! They helped shape new parts of myself and even strengthened my current relationship.
The Following User Says Thank You to key-csh For This Useful Post:
Zingwoft (11-23-2015)
Old 09-07-2015, 12:13 AM

Talking So far so good

This is my first time being in a relationship with someone in prison. I met him once before he went in. I wrote him because I write people that I know in there. Have done that for years.. But He and I have gotten really serious and I am in love with him. So, yes, this is my first relationship with a man in prison. I trust him. I just don't want to be naive.

Can men post in this forum?
Old 10-24-2015, 01:08 AM
Penpal

I ONLY court criminals (apparently), but since this one's already in prison, he can't leave my toilet seat up. I'm sure I'd find it charming if he got out and did, but not if he also farted in his sleep. I draw the line at flatulence, not murder.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koranov For This Useful Post:
Magdalo (11-15-2015)
Old 10-25-2015, 10:52 PM
Nevada Daperdue

This is my 1st with a guy in prison, but my ex husband has gone to jail a couple times when we were together. I don't really see that as the same thing though
Old 11-03-2015, 09:06 AM
*Kairos Outside Volunteer
Donation Award 

AZ was the first and he screwed it up royally; I tried it briefly with a man who had a very short amount of time. Needless to say, that didn't work out for several reasons. I wouldn't do it again, not even for AZ.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:43 AM

Default First timer!!

The guy that is away is a very close friend of mine and we've been crushing on one another forever but we agreed to keep our friendship as great as it has been. If something grows from this by the time he comes home, then great. Either way, we've always been around for one another. He actually just went in and it's been very emotional for me because of our connection. I've known plenty of people that went away but it is just totally different with him. I promised to stick around even though he didn't want me focusing on him and his mistake. He feels when people go away to prison, people tend to just talk when it comes to sticking around. I've always been a loyal friend especially to those loyal to me. Our relationship is just very strong and even though people are saying his future is gone and that I need a guy that's not a jail bird, many others (including my mom) slammed those that has been so judgmental. I'm not going to lie, I let others get to me that said even though it is 3 years he still is ruined...I don't like people bad talking anyone, especially if it's someone I know. I honestly cursed out a few people that really said that...I've had some people I knew in the legal field look over his case and said if he does the right thing inside as well as when he gets out, he can definitely have a positive turn around, career wise and all...especially being that he wants to continue pursuing a career as an architect.

New for me, I'm worried but was told patience is the key and that, I will be
Old 11-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Off to the Races
Donation Award 

This is my second, but they're on completely different levels.

The first one was a man I was engaged to, who ended up using me.

The one now is a friend and sex partner who I'm hopelessly crazy about.

We could run away together

Where we could be ourselves forever
Girls like me were born to be untamed and free,
But I still want the other half who completes me.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:08 PM

First and last. I can't imagine anyone else would be worth this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow369 For This Useful Post:
Zingwoft (11-23-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 12:39 AM

This is my first relationship with someone in prison. I never thought I would fall in love with a man that was locked up but here I am. He has 8 more months to do, he has been down 5 years. The days are dragging by but Im still here and I love him a lot.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:56 AM

Question First time.. Struggling.

He got sentenced last week. 3 1/2 more years to go. Already been one. We've been together for 3 yrs. I miss him alot .. It's setting in pretty hard right now. I'm struggling quite a bit actually
The Following User Says Thank You to Zingwoft For This Useful Post:
Mrsa77 (03-28-2017)