Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:38 PM

Default Parole on a 2 to 20 First hearing?

My bf has been given 2 choices on a plea deal one is plead to AM for 2 to 20 which even the vic says is not the case anyway his attorney is saying due to him being 44 and absolutely no criminal alcohol or drug abuse history he will be out in 2, this just doesn't sound right to me. Hoping someone can shed some light for me? Has anyone ever seen this happen?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2018, 06:35 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I'd be hesitant to believe that lawyer. This situation scares me because it could easily prove to be the express route to many years inside. Holding out 2 years inside as a likely period spent inside out of a 2-to-20? On a general basis, that sounds like an unrealistic expectation to me.

Being released at the low end of an indeterminate sentence range is a pipe dream for at least as many guys as its reality for (and IMO probably a lot more). Just a personal thing, but... my experience from going through the system was such that I always expect the absolute worst from any and every single prosecutor, defense attorney, judge, jail guard, CO, prison counselor and PO. I may be cynical, but they almost never disappoint me.

Best of luck with however this works out for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Combs For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Off-Paper Since 2009
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,984 Times in 1,162 Posts

I agree. He's not going to make parole on a 2-20 attempted murder beef at first opportunity. He'll likely be put off for at least a few more years.

OP, you said in your other posts that he also got offered a 6-15 with first offender status? That sounds like a much better deal, so that in worst case scenario he'll be maxing out after 15 years instead of 20.

He's probably going to be doing at least 6 years before parole either way.