Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-15-2017, 11:50 AM
EDYJO's Avatar
EDYJO EDYJO is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fresno
Posts: 260
Thanks: 86
Thanked 157 Times in 100 Posts
Default He's been trying to see his counselor for about 3-4 weeks, who can I email?

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to bug but I have a question and I don't know where it belongs, .. so my hunny has been trying to see his counselor for about 3-4 weeks. He's put in request slips and has gone down open line days. He's on a level 1 yard so there's only 1 counselor. Well the thing is that he's been trying to see her because she told him he HAD to go in and remind her about putting him on the NVSS list before it was too late but everytime he's gone down to open line she's not there he waits a couple of hours in line along with other fellas and she doesn't show up. So he and other fellas tried to go see her another day and she told him you can only come open line or wait until I call you. Ahh? So, .. I'm wondering if there's anyone I can email about this, .. of course without mentioning his name. Do you ladies know who i would contact or if it's a bad idea to contact someone? I mean, I don't want to get him in a mess either but he needs to get on that list before next week she told him.

Ahh thanks in advance ladies!
__________________
Until there are no more days, ..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 05-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Fridyrr.Likn's Avatar
Fridyrr.Likn Fridyrr.Likn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 3,184
Thanks: 8,658
Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,742 Posts
Default

They aren't going to do anything without you giving his name and number...and if you give them his name and number you're putting him at risk of the staff making his life a whole lot harder. He's doing everything he needs to be doing to see her and it sounds like others are as well. He just needs to keep at it. Keep sending inmate letters and if he's not getting through to the counselor he can send a letter to someone above her. Do not ever contact the facility without your husband asking you to. If I were him I'd just wait until she calls him. She's the one who wants to see him.
__________________
KENDRA
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2017, 12:34 PM
Nica's Avatar
Nica Nica is offline
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: His❤️
Posts: 2,253
Thanks: 26
Thanked 1,280 Times in 791 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js3005 View Post
Hi Ladies,

Sorry to bug but I have a question and I don't know where it belongs, .. so my hunny has been trying to see his counselor for about 3-4 weeks. He's put in request slips and has gone down open line days. He's on a level 1 yard so there's only 1 counselor. Well the thing is that he's been trying to see her because she told him he HAD to go in and remind her about putting him on the NVSS list before it was too late but everytime he's gone down to open line she's not there he waits a couple of hours in line along with other fellas and she doesn't show up. So he and other fellas tried to go see her another day and she told him you can only come open line or wait until I call you. Ahh? So, .. I'm wondering if there's anyone I can email about this, .. of course without mentioning his name. Do you ladies know who i would contact or if it's a bad idea to contact someone? I mean, I don't want to get him in a mess either but he needs to get on that list before next week she told him.

Ahh thanks in advance ladies!
The Ombudsman works as the middle man. I've received a lot of help from there office without EVER mentioning my man.

Larry Cupler has been assigned as the Ombudsman for Pleasant Valley. This is his contact. Call him and email him at CDCr.

Larry.Cupler@cdcr.ca.gov

(916) 324-3265

No need to give your mans information, let him know exactly the issue at hand!

Also if you email him, also CC: the email to his boss as well .

sara.malone@cdcr.ca.gov
__________________
WE never stop Believin' as long as we have God, Hope, Faith, & each other...
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nica For This Useful Post:
Minor activist (05-15-2017), nimuay (05-15-2017), patchouli (05-15-2017)
  #4  
Old 05-15-2017, 12:38 PM
EDYJO's Avatar
EDYJO EDYJO is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fresno
Posts: 260
Thanks: 86
Thanked 157 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinir.Fridyrr View Post
They aren't going to do anything without you giving his name and number...and if you give them his name and number you're putting him at risk of the staff making his life a whole lot harder. He's doing everything he needs to be doing to see her and it sounds like others are as well. He just needs to keep at it. Keep sending inmate letters and if he's not getting through to the counselor he can send a letter to someone above her. Do not ever contact the facility without your husband asking you to. If I were him I'd just wait until she calls him. She's the one who wants to see him.
Thank you for your input. My hunny did ask me to see if there was anyone I could contact I wouldn't do it if he hadn't .. he mentioned it to me otherwise I wouldn't know! Sorry, I left that detail out. As far as having to give his info out, .. I'm mot too sure I have to. I was just trying to let someone know that the fellas (plural) were having a hard time getting to a counselor that is there to help which I think is kind of ridiculous. i think Anywho, .. thank you!
__________________
Until there are no more days, ..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2017, 12:51 PM
EDYJO's Avatar
EDYJO EDYJO is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fresno
Posts: 260
Thanks: 86
Thanked 157 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
The Ombudsman works as the middle man. I've received a lot of help from there office without EVER mentioning my man.

Larry Cupler has been assigned as the Ombudsman for Pleasant Valley. This is his contact. Call him and email him at CDCr.

Larry.Cupler@cdcr.ca.gov

(916) 324-3265

No need to give your mans information, let him know exactly the issue at hand!

Also if you email him, also CC: the email to his boss as well .

sara.malone@cdcr.ca.gov
Nica, ..

Awesome, .. that's the info i was looking for, I remember last time when visitations were getting cancelled last minute we emailed Tami, .. but she is no longer the Ombudsman. Thank you so so much for the info chica. I too was thinking I could just speak for all the fellas without mentioning any names as it's not necessary!!

I'll def be emailing him today, .. I think it's kind of ridiculous that she tells them come on open line day when she's NOT THERE. Agh, .. once again thanks chica you're the best 😜
__________________
Until there are no more days, ..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2017, 01:15 PM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is offline
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 10,546
Thanks: 14,157
Thanked 20,619 Times in 7,359 Posts
Default

We're "lucky" in CA in that the ombudsman actually do a pretty darn good job of acting on our behalf. They are an excellent step to take in a situation like this. Normally, I'd echo Sinir and tell your LO inside to just keep trying because she's right-- most things need to be handled by those inside. But in this case, the ombudsman is a good choice. Thanks for sharing the info, Nica!! and best of luck to the OP.

Sidenote: the counselors at ALL facilities are being run ragged right now with the overhaul from Prop 57. While I understand that some things are time sensitive and need a decent shove, as a general rule we need to employ patience for things that are not time sensitive. They are undertrained and staffed on a good day, but right now...I can imagine there isn't enough coffee to get them through.

Last edited by miamac; 05-15-2017 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Minor activist (05-15-2017)
  #7  
Old 05-15-2017, 01:42 PM
EDYJO's Avatar
EDYJO EDYJO is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fresno
Posts: 260
Thanks: 86
Thanked 157 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
We're "lucky" in CA in that the ombudsman actually do a pretty darn good job of acting on our behalf. They are an excellent step to take in a situation like this. Normally, I'd echo Sinir and tell your LO inside to just keep trying because she's right-- most things need to be handled by those inside. But in this case, the ombudsman is a good choice. Thanks for sharing the info, Nica!! and best of luck to the OP.

Sidenote: the counselors at ALL facilities are being run ragged right now with the overhaul from Prop 57. While I understand that some things are time sensitive and need a decent shove, as a general rule we need to employ patience for things that are not time sensitive. They are undertrained and staffed on a good day, but right now...I can imagine there isn't enough coffee to get them through.
Yes chica, .. thank you! I didn't think about other Ombudsmans in other sttes, .. since last time we had an issue when we contacted her she was prompt and super nice that's why I was wondering if it would be her who I would contact. And Yes you're right about pressuring them I totally understand she has a lot to do, .. the thing is that since my hunny has been on level 1 yard there have been a lot of issues with getting a hold of a counselor. She's never there on open line days, literally. A while back he requested some programs and the counselor said she had put it in and he found out that she didn't through the main teacher. He went and talked to the instructor and he told my hunny that he didn't have his name on file for the classes. It had been 4-5 months since he told his counselor about the class. As soon as he spoke to the instructor he was in within a week!

So, my frustration comes from this counselor really not doing what I think is her job, .. but maybe I'm just frustrated since this issue he needs to remind her about has a deadline and if not filed by a certain date well i gets tossed in the trash 😐

Thanks for the help ladies!!
__________________
Until there are no more days, ..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EDYJO For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-15-2017)
  #8  
Old 05-21-2017, 08:32 AM
Nica's Avatar
Nica Nica is offline
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: His❤️
Posts: 2,253
Thanks: 26
Thanked 1,280 Times in 791 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js3005 View Post
Nica, ..

Awesome, .. that's the info i was looking for, I remember last time when visitations were getting cancelled last minute we emailed Tami, .. but she is no longer the Ombudsman. Thank you so so much for the info chica. I too was thinking I could just speak for all the fellas without mentioning any names as it's not necessary!!

I'll def be emailing him today, .. I think it's kind of ridiculous that she tells them come on open line day when she's NOT THERE. Agh, .. once again thanks chica you're the best 😜

You're welcome. I hope the issue gets resolved
__________________
WE never stop Believin' as long as we have God, Hope, Faith, & each other...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need contact info for a counselor at Norco. Fax # or Email? MRSSRE2013 California Rehabilitation Center (CRC) - Norco 3 09-23-2014 07:22 PM
He wants me to email his counselor perduesgirl Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions 3 03-18-2012 08:20 PM
Jpay email message-CRC Ohio / How long to receive email & can they reply? dee0409 Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 9 01-28-2012 12:58 AM
Can you email your loved one counselor ASAP Sweet_pea CDCR - What You Need to Know 7 11-06-2009 11:57 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:44 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics