Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:07 PM

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSurprised View Post
Hi, my LO is requesting guided meditation CDs. He says Best Buy and Walmart is allowed, but I'm reading here that Walmart is supposed to be approved and others are having difficulties with them. How do I find out who the approved vendors are? Should I call the prison? I try not to bother the staff too much, but I really would like to know. My LO is really trying hard, and of course, I want to encourage it. BTW, my LO is in a private GEO prison.
Call the mailroom and ask.
SadSurprised (09-04-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2018, 08:52 PM

Can I have magazines sent directly from the company? I have had success with sending CDs from Walmart.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:28 PM

I never asked about magazines but my friend has been to a few prisons and they had different rules. I've been safe with Barnes and Noble so far as long as it isn't sold from The Market Place (I think that's what it's called.) I do know that the man who reviews the mail at Kingman explained in detail what the process is and there are books on a banned list for even 1 sentence that is not appropriate. He said that magazines are a big problem because even though the subject of the magazine may be innocent, there may be just one add in the very back that isn't appropriate. I asked if they could just tear it out and I believe he said no but I also think he said the inmate had a choice but I'm leaning more towards the no. So far I've only sent cds and a bible and some books on sobriety so mine have gotten through. I would really call them to see what they say.
The Following User Says Thank You to shwag5150 For This Useful Post:
SadSurprised (09-02-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 03:22 AM
Our Love Will Never Die!

I have a question: my fiancé is in Lewis Prison, and I do have visits. So, if he wants a CD from Best Buy, Walmart or Barnes & Noble... where do I put his address? Is it he's plain "P.O. Box"? And that is a "DOC"??
Old 09-13-2018, 04:03 AM

I think I would put (for Barnes and Noble)

Name
Address (PO box)
Second address would be his # and facility
City, state, zip

I would just try to find any line to put his #. Without it they say even letters will be returned. Just be creative and don't forget his #. They know the facility once they see the address. Thousands of pieces of mail go there every day.
The Following User Says Thank You to shwag5150 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2018, 06:27 PM
Our Love Will Never Die!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwag5150 View Post

Name
Address (PO box)
City, state, zip

I would just try to find any line to put his #. Without it they say even letters will be returned. Just be creative and don't forget his #. They know the facility once they see the address. Thousands of pieces of mail go there every day.

Thank you very much for this.... 🙂
Old 09-15-2018, 06:33 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,191 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote:

Name
Address (PO box)
City, state, zip

Put his ADC number as part of his last name

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
Sylph (09-16-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:

Name
Address (PO box)
City, state, zip

Whenever I send anything I attach his number to his last name So it’s right there no space between his last name and number bc it won’t accept it online but they’ll understand at the prison so for example JOHN Smith123456. This has always ensured it got to him. Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2019, 02:12 PM

Hello Everybody,
I asked to the mail room for ASPC LEWIS - Buckley unit and they told me : Target.com / Barnes and noble and Walmart are approved.

I have a problem I'm from France and I'm trying to process to the payment but I'm unable. I asked to my bank, I've called Walmart online, they did the order for me but it get still cancelled at this end.
The only one where I'm able to make the payment is Target but they don't have the books taht I would like.
Someone lese is coming from Europe and tried or get an order from one of this website ? I don't no what I can do.

Thanks for your help
Old 03-09-2019, 09:28 PM

Do you maybe have a friend in the US that you could send money to and tell them what you would like to have sent and they could send it for you?

Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyliie View Post
Hello Everybody,
I asked to the mail room for ASPC LEWIS - Buckley unit and they told me : Target.com / Barnes and noble and Walmart are approved.

I have a problem I'm from France and I'm trying to process to the payment but I'm unable. I asked to my bank, I've called Walmart online, they did the order for me but it get still cancelled at this end.
The only one where I'm able to make the payment is Target but they don't have the books taht I would like.
Someone lese is coming from Europe and tried or get an order from one of this website ? I don't no what I can do.

Thanks for your help
Old 03-10-2019, 12:38 AM

Default Saguero CORRECTIONAL FACILITY help

Looking for anyone who has experienced with inmate at Saguaro Correctional Facility have many questions my son was just transferred there from Hawaii I live in Oregon and I'm trying to connect with him had GTL in Hawaii and now can't find anyone who supplies inmate cell service to Saguaro please help worried mom
Old 03-11-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaflower View Post
Do you maybe have a friend in the US that you could send money to and tell them what you would like to have sent and they could send it for you?

Just a thought.
I Have tried with his sister. We put her billing adress and all her info but it still canceled. I don't know if I have to delete my account and create a new one maybe.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debraturin1 View Post
Looking for anyone who has experienced with inmate at Saguaro Correctional Facility have many questions my son was just transferred there from Hawaii I live in Oregon and I'm trying to connect with him had GTL in Hawaii and now can't find anyone who supplies inmate cell service to Saguaro please help worried mom
Try IC Solutions. They are the phone carrier for all Arizona prisons
Old 03-11-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyliie View Post
Hello Everybody,

Thanks for your help
Were you successful with Barnes and Noble? Is your order being cancelled because your in France? What is thier reasoning? Perhaps the address format isn't correct?