Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino Topic and discussion specific to CIM- California Institution for Men, located in Chino, California.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommie View Post
* FYI * if you write the warden they have to respond within 15 business days.
How do I write to the warden, do you know? All I want to know is when to send my hubby dress outs, I know they are very specific about it. He gets out mid April and I don't know when to send them do you know?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmomma52 View Post
Its been more mthan 3 weeks, and, my friend has not recieved his christmas or birthday cards. His friend passed by the mail room, said there were piles of mail in there, and, that they are really behind, No mail, no heat, no hot water, sounds like a really horrible place. Id start complaining ladies, I know, I am
My husband's dorm hasn't had hot water in over a week! I had no idea that prisoners actually have no human rights.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:59 AM

I have a friend that was in Chino but he had to get transferred. I sent the letter off the same day I received a letter from him. He told me in his letter to not send it because he might not get it. I've tried calling Chino but it keeps hanging up on me. I really need that letter and I was wondering does it come back to me or does it go to him? It's been a good 2-3 weeks. How do you get in contact with Chino mail service? Did I really just lose the letter? I really hope not. I really need it. Thanks. I accidently posted this in woman part to an account I lost the password to.. I know horrible luck.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Donation Award 

My husband is in a medical crisis bed temporarily from another prison, I called the prison today and they said I could write him, does anyone know how long it will take for him to get my letter and does anyone know if I can send him a couple pictures? Since I know he has nothing with him at all. Thanks. ..
Old 02-12-2016, 07:31 PM

Default CIM he's not getting his mail

Hi I'm new to all this. My name is Jacquelyn and I wasn't sure where I would post this. My boyfriend who is currently doing time in CIM hasn't received any mail from me. I understand that their mail room is backed up and sometimes inmates won't receive letters until after a couple of weeks, maybe even months! Well my main concern here is that my boyfriend sent me 3 letters in the mail and they all have been different correspondence address....and I've sent a couple of letters to each of the addresses that he had, so I'm wondering if those mails will eventually get to him ??? Maybe it might be a while but I wanna make sure that he will absolutely receive them?? It sucks because those are important letters that I've sent out and I'm getting pretty upset that I can't even call a number at that institution to get ahold of anybody!! I would just like to be assured ...thanks so much!!
Old 02-12-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiLLYN View Post
Hi I'm new to all this. My name is Jacquelyn and I wasn't sure where I would post this. My boyfriend who is currently doing time in CIM hasn't received any mail from me. I understand that their mail room is backed up and sometimes inmates won't receive letters until after a couple of weeks, maybe even months! Well my main concern here is that my boyfriend sent me 3 letters in the mail and they all have been different correspondence address....and I've sent a couple of letters to each of the addresses that he had, so I'm wondering if those mails will eventually get to him ??? Maybe it might be a while but I wanna make sure that he will absolutely receive them?? It sucks because those are important letters that I've sent out and I'm getting pretty upset that I can't even call a number at that institution to get ahold of anybody!! I would just like to be assured ...thanks so much!!
Call the prison and talk to records. Give his name and CDC number and ask for his bed number they will give you his bed number. And if I were you I would send postcards to him. They tend to move thru the mail room faster due to not having much to search thru. Remember it's valentines and the mail room is going to get backed up. Don't worry just keep writing him he will get it.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:41 PM

Thanks girl. I did what you told me and got the answers I needed!
Old 02-28-2016, 02:04 AM

Angry

It seems like it's an ongoing problem because I haven't gotten a few things from him and he hasn't got a few of my Valentine's Day stuff :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiLLYN View Post
Thanks girl. I did what you told me and got the answers I needed!
Old 10-03-2017, 11:55 AM

It is now October 2017, and as I read the messages about mail being held up; I wonder why they can't fix this ongoing problem. My inmate as been transferred to several prisons and this Chino mail room is the worse. I have to had to look up the progress on his case to find out if any correspondence from the courts was sent out because he is not even getting his legal notifications. There is no excuse for this.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:39 AM

The mail hasn't been been this bad in a long time. I live in N Cal, and it usually takes 5-6 days before my LO gets my mail. He is just NOW getting mail I sent on 9/17. I have yet to receive mail he sent out on the 20th. It's ridiculous and very frustrating.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:34 AM

Hello Ladies, I see some of these post are very old, but maybe the last two from last year can help. I’m new to this, my BF was sent back to Chino after being in a transitional home for 9 months with his released date being TODAY! Well that didn’t happend, he got sent back two ago because supposedly his released date isn’t until 2020! So you can only imagine how I’m feeling at this moment but I’m more concern about him. After serving 18! Years and then given the chance to taste a little bit of freedom for 9 months (going to work, having his love ones visit him every weekend, eating what he felt like) he gets sent back! I don’t understand how can they make an error this huge! But my concern and focus is on him. So after reading many threads in here, I know he must be in Reception, so a call from him is out of the question for the time being. But I would like to write to him just to tell him I love him and that he’s not alone! So my question here is... where do I write to him? I mean I know his name and his CDC #. But now I’m confuse with this central, west and east. Different P.O. Box numbers! And in another thread I read something about knowing his Tier, block, and cell #. If you can please let me know where do I find this or who do I call that can provide me this information, i would greatly appreciate it. Also, did you ladies send them supplies to write or are they able to purchase that? Anything ANYTHING will help! Thank you in advance!
Old 04-29-2018, 06:08 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,649 Times in 14,865 Posts

Im not sure but I think I'd try calling and ask his housing info
This thread
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...14&postcount=3
Maybe be helpful with phone numbers.
(btw how freaking messed up is THAT????? That just sucks BIG TIME!)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 04-29-2018, 12:05 PM

(btw how freaking messed up is THAT????? That just sucks BIG TIME!)[/quote]

Thank You so much for taking your time to reply! I will try calling and see if I have any luck!

And yes, can you imagine that! He’s been in that halfway home(transitional center) since last year in July. We his released date being May 9, 2018. Butbin February they gave him a copy of an email that said his date was change to April 28,2018! We were beyon excited. Then came last weekend, while I was visiting him, he even told me that it was weird his counselors hadn’t yet told him anything about his release and it being a week away. So he said he was going to wait a couple of days and if nothing then he would ask. So on Wednesday when he got back home from his work he talked to his counselor! He didn’t even know that he was to be released in two days! So the counselor check their system and indeed he was to be released in two days (which would of been yesterday). The counselor even gave him a copy of the “Warden’s Checkout Order” that said the same. My BF even text me a copy so I could see too that everything was ok. The next day (Thursday) he gets to the home from work and they call him in to tell him the bad news. It was the last call I got from him which he called me on speaker in front of them telling me they were sending him back to prison because his released date wasn’t till 2020. You can imagine I was in shock! Couldn’t even tell him anything cause he needed to hang up! He just told me “Babe have ur phone ready to accept collect calls and I’m Sorry” and that was it. I need to tell him he doesn’t have to be sorry! It wasn’t his fault! Like I don’t understand how can they make this huge mistake! They are messing with his mental health, but of course they are not gonna care of none of that! Wow, ok I made it to long! I think I just needed to vent! I myself feel I’m going crazy but I know I have to hold it together for him! So sorry for making this a whole book! But thank you so much for ur help!
Old 04-30-2018, 09:30 AM

Good Morning Everyone, just wanted to share that I Finally was able to get in contact with someone in that prison! Actually the mail room finally answered me! The very nice lady gave me my LO information and told me to address the letter as follows:

Inmate’s Name, CDCR #
D-OHU-137L
P.O Box 600
Chino, CA 91708

So by the P.O Box address is telling me he is not in reception anymore! Which is weird! He’s only been there 3 days, but maybe because he was returned they skipped that part! I pray that they are fixing the mistake and he is able to come out ASAP!
Old 09-30-2018, 02:28 PM

Hi all! My friend has been moved from his cell. I believe he’s in ad-seg. I’ve been trying to find out his new address for a few days now, but no one is answering the phone over there. The extension I had for records (4278) doesn’t work. The mail room has an answering machine. There’s no way to speak to an operator. Does any of you know the current extension for records and housing? I want to send him stamps, paper and envelopes so he can write, but I’m not sure he will receive them if I send them to it’s previous address. I hope you can help. Thank you!