Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:52 PM

Default Access Securepak - Ordering Outside U.S.

Hi all

My plans have been foiled to send my penpal a Christmas package.... Access donít allow people without a US address & credit card to order.

My question is.. has anyone successfully managed to order a package from outside the US? Are we able to use an American address to order to circumvent this issue or will that in some way jeopardise visitation approval? I phoned customer service and they suggested thatís what I should do but we love our daily calls and thereís no way Iíll even attempt it if this could bugger that up.

God dammit, just let me send my friend some chippies and chocolate for Christmas!

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2018, 02:20 AM

I only managed when I found someone in the USA willing to do that for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raf's Girl For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf's Girl View Post
I only managed when I found someone in the USA willing to do that for me.
Thanks for the response. Did that person have to apply for visitation for that person? As I understand only people approved for visitation can send packages to Arizona inmates. If theyíve changed that that would be great!
Old 12-18-2018, 04:27 AM

They have Geo-Blockers on their website. I am in Melbourne and have Nord VPN (there are heaps of others) on my computer, phone etc which connects me to a US server. So i connect that way and order and haven't had a problem since.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelby67 For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby67 View Post
They have Geo-Blockers on their website. I am in Melbourne and have Nord VPN (there are heaps of others) on my computer, phone etc which connects me to a US server. So i connect that way and order and haven't had a problem since.
You little beauty!!!! I could kiss you!!! Thank you!!!
Old 12-18-2018, 07:05 AM

How did you battle the non US credit card issue???
Quote:
Old 12-18-2018, 11:51 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_au View Post
Access Securepak do not accept foreign cards -- if you manage to get through with VPN that may work for a few shipments, but once/if they discover you're buying with a foreign card they will stop taking your orders. Well, at least this is what happened to me once upon a time......maybe they've changed their policy, dunno.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
Amy_au (12-18-2018), Shelby67 (12-19-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Access Securepak do not accept foreign cards -- if you manage to get through with VPN that may work for a few shipments, but once/if they discover you're buying with a foreign card they will stop taking your orders. Well, at least this is what happened to me once upon a time......maybe they've changed their policy, dunno.
Yeah thats what trouble I had encountered hence my question. Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amy_au For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-20-2019), Shelby67 (12-19-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 01:02 PM

Are the prices on Securepak the prices they pay for those items in the commissary? does anyone know.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
Are the prices on Securepak the prices they pay for those items in the commissary? does anyone know.
I have both the securepak list and the commissary list for min/med units in Lewis, penpal sent me them as I was curious. I can post them if you like?
Old 12-18-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Iíll give it a go and report back. Sounds like they havenít canceled any of Shelbyís orders, Iím wondering if the only measure they have in place to block outside orders is the geo-blocker and they donít actually check the card numbers. Very frustrating, canít set up an IC solutions account, canít send packages. They sure like to make things difficult for us foreigners donít they
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiwiPP For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-20-2019), Shelby67 (12-19-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 02:50 PM

Please ! or pm me
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiPP View Post
I have both the securepak list and the commissary list for min/med units in Lewis, penpal sent me them as I was curious. I can post them if you like?
Old 12-18-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
Please ! or pm me
I think Iíll post them on the forum in case anyone else is curious about what they can order let me just figure out how to post photos on here haha and Iíll post them in their own thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to KiwiPP For This Useful Post:
jordan321 (12-18-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_au View Post
Hi Amy,
I have had no issues with it (touch wood).
I have a US address which I use, in the check out where it asks for your address, and it has gone through fine.
Best wishes,
Michelle
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelby67 For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 03:53 AM

Quote:
So far so good with ordering. I hope it continues....I have been ordering since July and it has been fine. So far.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelby67 For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (12-19-2018), Sarianna (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Iíll give it a go and report back. Sounds like they havenít canceled any of Shelbyís orders, Iím wondering if the only measure they have in place to block outside orders is the geo-blocker and they donít actually check the card numbers. Very frustrating, canít set up an IC solutions account, canít send packages. They sure like to make things difficult for us foreigners donít they
They certainly do. Like I said, so far (since July), so good. I haven't bothered with IC Solutions. I tried early on and just gave up on them. I just put money on his account and all good there. Amy_AU put me onto Localphone for a local number. So i have that which he calls 3 times a week.
Amy_au (12-19-2018), KiwiPP (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 05:24 AM

Quote:
They certainly do. Like I said, so far (since July), so good. I haven't bothered with IC Solutions. I tried early on and just gave up on them. I just put money on his account and all good there. Amy_AU put me onto Localphone for a local number. So i have that which he calls 3 times a week.
Yea we do something similar with a Skype number. At least itís nice and cheap that way! I got NordVPN in the end because after my googling I realised itís the last standing VPN that allows us to watch the great and mighty US netflix! used a US address to order too and it went through. Fingers crossed. If they stop allowing that Iíll just get my American friend to sign up for calls for my penpal so I can do it that way and just reimburse my friend. I just want to scream at them THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH MY KIWI MONEY STOP BEING DIFFICULT hahahha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiwiPP For This Useful Post:
Amy_au (12-19-2018), Shelby67 (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Yea we do something similar with a Skype number. At least itís nice and cheap that way! I got NordVPN in the end because after my googling I realised itís the last standing VPN that allows us to watch the great and mighty US netflix! used a US address to order too and it went through. Fingers crossed. If they stop allowing that Iíll just get my American friend to sign up for calls for my penpal so I can do it that way and just reimburse my friend. I just want to scream at them THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH MY KIWI MONEY STOP BEING DIFFICULT hahahha
I know, I was the same. I called them and they were unhelpful, i offered to send drivers license copy etc.. this was the only way. Let us know how you get on
Amy_au (12-19-2018), KiwiPP (12-19-2018)