Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-17-2018, 10:52 PM
KiwiPP KiwiPP is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 178
Thanks: 537
Thanked 241 Times in 108 Posts
Default Access Securepak - Ordering Outside U.S.

Hi all

My plans have been foiled to send my penpal a Christmas package.... Access donít allow people without a US address & credit card to order.

My question is.. has anyone successfully managed to order a package from outside the US? Are we able to use an American address to order to circumvent this issue or will that in some way jeopardise visitation approval? I phoned customer service and they suggested thatís what I should do but we love our daily calls and thereís no way Iíll even attempt it if this could bugger that up.

God dammit, just let me send my friend some chippies and chocolate for Christmas!

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-18-2018, 02:20 AM
Raf's Girl Raf's Girl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 370
Thanks: 239
Thanked 320 Times in 182 Posts
Default

I only managed when I found someone in the USA willing to do that for me.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raf's Girl For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (12-18-2018)
  #3  
Old 12-18-2018, 02:45 AM
KiwiPP KiwiPP is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 178
Thanks: 537
Thanked 241 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf's Girl View Post
I only managed when I found someone in the USA willing to do that for me.
Thanks for the response. Did that person have to apply for visitation for that person? As I understand only people approved for visitation can send packages to Arizona inmates. If theyíve changed that that would be great!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-18-2018, 04:27 AM
Shelby67's Avatar
Shelby67 Shelby67 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81
Thanks: 205
Thanked 57 Times in 37 Posts
Default

They have Geo-Blockers on their website. I am in Melbourne and have Nord VPN (there are heaps of others) on my computer, phone etc which connects me to a US server. So i connect that way and order and haven't had a problem since.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelby67 For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (12-18-2018)
  #5  
Old 12-18-2018, 05:42 AM
KiwiPP KiwiPP is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 178
Thanks: 537
Thanked 241 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby67 View Post
They have Geo-Blockers on their website. I am in Melbourne and have Nord VPN (there are heaps of others) on my computer, phone etc which connects me to a US server. So i connect that way and order and haven't had a problem since.
You little beauty!!!! I could kiss you!!! Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-18-2018, 07:05 AM
Amy_au Amy_au is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 145
Thanks: 156
Thanked 68 Times in 46 Posts
Default

How did you battle the non US credit card issue???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby67 View Post
They have Geo-Blockers on their website. I am in Melbourne and have Nord VPN (there are heaps of others) on my computer, phone etc which connects me to a US server. So i connect that way and order and haven't had a problem since.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-18-2018, 11:51 AM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 3,040
Thanks: 15,546
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,840 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_au View Post
How did you battle the non US credit card issue???
Access Securepak do not accept foreign cards -- if you manage to get through with VPN that may work for a few shipments, but once/if they discover you're buying with a foreign card they will stop taking your orders. Well, at least this is what happened to me once upon a time......maybe they've changed their policy, dunno.
__________________

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
Amy_au (12-18-2018), Shelby67 (12-19-2018)
  #8  
Old 12-18-2018, 12:01 PM
Amy_au Amy_au is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 145
Thanks: 156
Thanked 68 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Access Securepak do not accept foreign cards -- if you manage to get through with VPN that may work for a few shipments, but once/if they discover you're buying with a foreign card they will stop taking your orders. Well, at least this is what happened to me once upon a time......maybe they've changed their policy, dunno.
Yeah thats what trouble I had encountered hence my question. Thanks
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amy_au For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-20-2019), Shelby67 (12-19-2018)
  #9  
Old 12-18-2018, 01:02 PM
jordan321's Avatar
jordan321 jordan321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 388
Thanks: 130
Thanked 239 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Are the prices on Securepak the prices they pay for those items in the commissary? does anyone know.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-18-2018, 02:37 PM
KiwiPP KiwiPP is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 178
Thanks: 537
Thanked 241 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
Are the prices on Securepak the prices they pay for those items in the commissary? does anyone know.
I have both the securepak list and the commissary list for min/med units in Lewis, penpal sent me them as I was curious. I can post them if you like?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-18-2018, 02:45 PM
KiwiPP KiwiPP is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 178
Thanks: 537
Thanked 241 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Access Securepak do not accept foreign cards -- if you manage to get through with VPN that may work for a few shipments, but once/if they discover you're buying with a foreign card they will stop taking your orders. Well, at least this is what happened to me once upon a time......maybe they've changed their policy, dunno.
Iíll give it a go and report back. Sounds like they havenít canceled any of Shelbyís orders, Iím wondering if the only measure they have in place to block outside orders is the geo-blocker and they donít actually check the card numbers. Very frustrating, canít set up an IC solutions account, canít send packages. They sure like to make things difficult for us foreigners donít they
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiwiPP For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-20-2019), Shelby67 (12-19-2018)
  #12  
Old 12-18-2018, 02:50 PM
jordan321's Avatar
jordan321 jordan321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 388
Thanks: 130
Thanked 239 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Please ! or pm me
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiPP View Post
I have both the securepak list and the commissary list for min/med units in Lewis, penpal sent me them as I was curious. I can post them if you like?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-18-2018, 04:03 PM
KiwiPP KiwiPP is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 178
Thanks: 537
Thanked 241 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
Please ! or pm me
I think Iíll post them on the forum in case anyone else is curious about what they can order let me just figure out how to post photos on here haha and Iíll post them in their own thread!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KiwiPP For This Useful Post:
jordan321 (12-18-2018)
  #14  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:52 AM
Shelby67's Avatar
Shelby67 Shelby67 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81
Thanks: 205
Thanked 57 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_au View Post
How did you battle the non US credit card issue???
Hi Amy,
I have had no issues with it (touch wood).
I have a US address which I use, in the check out where it asks for your address, and it has gone through fine.
Best wishes,
Michelle
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelby67 For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (12-19-2018)
  #15  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:53 AM
Shelby67's Avatar
Shelby67 Shelby67 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81
Thanks: 205
Thanked 57 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Access Securepak do not accept foreign cards -- if you manage to get through with VPN that may work for a few shipments, but once/if they discover you're buying with a foreign card they will stop taking your orders. Well, at least this is what happened to me once upon a time......maybe they've changed their policy, dunno.
So far so good with ordering. I hope it continues....I have been ordering since July and it has been fine. So far.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelby67 For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (12-19-2018), Sarianna (12-19-2018)
  #16  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:58 AM
Shelby67's Avatar
Shelby67 Shelby67 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81
Thanks: 205
Thanked 57 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiPP View Post
Iíll give it a go and report back. Sounds like they havenít canceled any of Shelbyís orders, Iím wondering if the only measure they have in place to block outside orders is the geo-blocker and they donít actually check the card numbers. Very frustrating, canít set up an IC solutions account, canít send packages. They sure like to make things difficult for us foreigners donít they
They certainly do. Like I said, so far (since July), so good. I haven't bothered with IC Solutions. I tried early on and just gave up on them. I just put money on his account and all good there. Amy_AU put me onto Localphone for a local number. So i have that which he calls 3 times a week.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelby67 For This Useful Post:
Amy_au (12-19-2018), KiwiPP (12-19-2018)
  #17  
Old 12-19-2018, 05:24 AM
KiwiPP KiwiPP is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 178
Thanks: 537
Thanked 241 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby67 View Post
They certainly do. Like I said, so far (since July), so good. I haven't bothered with IC Solutions. I tried early on and just gave up on them. I just put money on his account and all good there. Amy_AU put me onto Localphone for a local number. So i have that which he calls 3 times a week.
Yea we do something similar with a Skype number. At least itís nice and cheap that way! I got NordVPN in the end because after my googling I realised itís the last standing VPN that allows us to watch the great and mighty US netflix! used a US address to order too and it went through. Fingers crossed. If they stop allowing that Iíll just get my American friend to sign up for calls for my penpal so I can do it that way and just reimburse my friend. I just want to scream at them THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH MY KIWI MONEY STOP BEING DIFFICULT hahahha
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiwiPP For This Useful Post:
Amy_au (12-19-2018), Shelby67 (12-19-2018)
  #18  
Old 12-19-2018, 06:00 AM
Shelby67's Avatar
Shelby67 Shelby67 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 81
Thanks: 205
Thanked 57 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiPP View Post
Yea we do something similar with a Skype number. At least itís nice and cheap that way! I got NordVPN in the end because after my googling I realised itís the last standing VPN that allows us to watch the great and mighty US netflix! used a US address to order too and it went through. Fingers crossed. If they stop allowing that Iíll just get my American friend to sign up for calls for my penpal so I can do it that way and just reimburse my friend. I just want to scream at them THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH MY KIWI MONEY STOP BEING DIFFICULT hahahha
I know, I was the same. I called them and they were unhelpful, i offered to send drivers license copy etc.. this was the only way. Let us know how you get on
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelby67 For This Useful Post:
Amy_au (12-19-2018), KiwiPP (12-19-2018)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ordering from Access Securepak? TeeMomma Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail 4 07-12-2014 06:44 AM
F.Y.I warning about ordering securepak website allmylove2020 Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 22 04-06-2013 04:52 PM
Need help ordering from Access Securepak Shy_Dia Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 12 01-10-2013 11:36 PM
Ordering Radio from SecurePak RuthieBee Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 1 07-05-2012 12:57 AM
New quarter started for ordering Securepak packages HOPE4FUTURE Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 18 11-09-2011 06:35 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics