Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:36 PM

Default Birthday ideas.

So my LOs birthday is shortly after Christmas and i thought Id share some of the things I have planned for this year and what i did last year and maybe others could chime in too! I know were limited on what we can do for special occasions so new ideas always help!!

Last year he turned 29 so i did 29 things i liked about him, a list of positive things about him because mentally he was in a bad place then, i sent a bunch of cards and wrote out cute quotes, wrote a long letter & sent some pictures.

This year i printed and cut out 30 kissy lips and on the back i wrote out 15 places i wanted to kiss him on his body & 15 places where i wanted to kiss him (in the shower, bed, at a stop light, in the rain etc), Im sending a ton of cards again, and some pictures- specifically Im going to take one of me with a cake or cupcake with a 30 candle on it and maybe some balloons in the background or something so he knows Im celebrating him. And i want to get some of our family/friends to send cards as well so he is flooded with mail that day!
Thats all of the ideas i have so if any one else has any good ideas post them!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kjz1234 For This Useful Post:
BBQueen (12-22-2018), KiwiPP (12-22-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjz1234 View Post
So my LOs birthday is shortly after Christmas and i thought Id share some of the things I have planned for this year and what i did last year and maybe others could chime in too! I know were limited on what we can do for special occasions so new ideas always help!!

Last year he turned 29 so i did 29 things i liked about him, a list of positive things about him because mentally he was in a bad place then, i sent a bunch of cards and wrote out cute quotes, wrote a long letter & sent some pictures.

This year i printed and cut out 30 kissy lips and on the back i wrote out 15 places i wanted to kiss him on his body & 15 places where i wanted to kiss him (in the shower, bed, at a stop light, in the rain etc), Im sending a ton of cards again, and some pictures- specifically Im going to take one of me with a cake or cupcake with a 30 candle on it and maybe some balloons in the background or something so he knows Im celebrating him. And i want to get some of our family/friends to send cards as well so he is flooded with mail that day!
Thats all of the ideas i have so if any one else has any good ideas post them!
Sounds very nice - I bet he felt very loved and appreciated which is something that is special for anyone to feel ( not just those in prison ) - and many do t get to - so props to you for making sure he felt it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (12-22-2018), Kjz1234 (12-21-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 06:51 AM

For my LOs 30th, I sent 30 movie/tv quotes and had 30 people send a card from different states. The mail ended up getting there same time so he got 10 pieces in one day! He was very excited for that much mail on same day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dymond3 For This Useful Post:
Kjz1234 (12-22-2018)
Old 01-07-2019, 11:31 AM

ahhh! Love it! Great birthday/christmas gift idea. One gift I got, was a picture flip book of my son walking while I was inside. Really cool! Only showed maybe 6 seconds, but it was precious too me and I flipped through it many times!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Citadel3 For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (01-09-2019), Kjz1234 (01-07-2019)