Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:50 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,260 Times in 14,712 Posts

I can hardly read this thread. It makes me so damn mad.
I am so sorry for everyone dealing with this hairbrained idea to integrate yards.
When are they finally going to admit its a horrible idea??????? How many fights, injuries, and deaths?

There was a reason they started the SNY in the first place, right? What has changed?
Its bullcrap.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (12-30-2018), marie8899 (12-30-2018), miamac (12-30-2018), Sarianna (12-30-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2018, 12:31 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 20,226 Times in 7,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
When are they finally going to admit its a horrible idea??????? How many fights, injuries, and deaths?
When a viable suit is filed for inmate endangerment. Because as of right now, CDC is working overtime to "document" all the positive impact measures they're taking to make facilities program-friendly and safe for staff.

If you look at this video starting at 2:20, you don't have to be a highly analytical person to hear this as their CYA. They're putting this back on the inmates (which I understand, could be argued as true...no one is forcing the aggressors to fight, but they are inherently creating victims). And if you look here, it's like they're trying to sell you a used car. But staff are lashing back, too (see comments below video). They're growing bitter and I worry that will mean for our loved ones in vulnerable positions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (12-30-2018), sidewalker (12-31-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 03:03 PM

Thanked 1,359 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
There was a reason they started the SNY in the first place, right? What has changed?
CDCR has given stories on what changed and the need for the change. Their stories don't pass smell test.

Supposedly SNY population has grown too large and is being infiltrated by gangs. Is that inmates fault? No. It is a failure by CDCR to keep their GP yards safe so inmates have been escaping to SNY yards in droves. Now CDCR has failed to keep SNY yards safe, and gangs are infiltrating SNY. Given CDCR has failed to keep both GP and SNY yards safe, are we supposed to have any confidence that this integration will be safe? I have none.

Supposedly this increases programming availability. I don't get the math here. Are they closing prisons or yards which would allow these new integrated yards to have a larger piece of the programming pie? Don't think so. When all finished integrating there will be exactly the same number of yards and exactly the same number of prisons. Adding programs increases programming availability. Integration in and by itself does not increase programming availability, at least according to my math.

Patchouli posted a recent news article investigating integration problems. When the reporter asked Ralph Diaz about it, Diaz sluffed it off. Paraphrasing he said:

-there are incidents at some prisons but not a big deal
-we explain to inmates why it's so great for them and if they don't agree of course we don't listen to them
-I wouldn't put any inmate with enemies (seems to me SNY inmates would be surrounded by nothing but enemies)
-they gotta go home one day and they gotta just learn to get along even if someone or some group "doesn't like them"

Diaz comments said it all, made it clear there is no intentions of changing this or not doing this now. Not just no, hell no, regardless of what happens. Integration started under Kernan; he bailed out of CDCR. Diaz is "Acting Secretary" so maybe he stays, maybe not. The whole thing stinks of no accountability and as has been pointed out only releasing good news to the public and sitting on the bad.

Last edited by gvalliant; 12-30-2018 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: grammar
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (12-30-2018), miamac (12-30-2018), Sarianna (12-31-2018), sidewalker (12-31-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 03:12 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
Integration started under Kernan; he bailed out of CDCR.
And I'll circle back to my comment(s) when Kernan was appointed-- his CV prior to this was in private prison industry contracts. His actual qualifications were in profit-driven sectors.

You know how they hire people to come in and do mass firings? Or to streamline a company? I think we just experienced one of those but I'll give him this: Prop 57 left enough folks starry-eyed so the process was relatively painless while he was here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (12-31-2018), sidewalker (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 05:57 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,260 Times in 14,712 Posts

THIS
**Supposedly SNY population has grown too large and is being infiltrated by gangs. Is that inmates fault? No. It is a failure by CDCR to keep their GP yards safe so inmates have been escaping to SNY yards in droves. Now CDCR has failed to keep SNY yards safe, and gangs are infiltrating SNY. Given CDCR has failed to keep both GP and SNY yards safe, are we supposed to have any confidence that this integration will be safe? I have none.****

This is it right here. Its CDCr's FAILURE.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
JavandAng (01-01-2019), miamac (12-31-2018), Sarianna (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 01:18 PM

He is on D yard he says the fight broke by the phones when he was about to call me and that he'll be in SHU for a couple of months I'm sure he couldn't write me everything
Old 12-31-2018, 01:50 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by unvme1970 View Post
He is on D yard he says the fight broke by the phones when he was about to call me and that he'll be in SHU for a couple of months I'm sure he couldn't write me everything
If he's under investigation, he shouldn't write about the incident.
I'm sorry this is happening. You don't have to answer, I'm just curious-- is he GP or SNY? CDC is claiming that inmates hold their status on integrated yards. I'm wondering how they document that when an incident occurs.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:17 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
If he's under investigation, he shouldn't write about the incident.
I'm thinking outloud here-- an inmate has the ability to send legal mail without it being read, right? So any inmate that has access to an attorney/legal rep can send out an account (theirs, of course) of incidents without it being censored by the mail room. Should we be encouraging people to do this? I know their atty may not be representing them for this purpose, but it would at least be sending the facts out to someone? That may be a burden or ethical quandary for the atty, though. :/
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-01-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 12:36 AM

Thanked 1,034 Times in 489 Posts

Is there a way to send “Legal Mail” to Prison Law Office Someone posted that they want to be made aware of incidents related to Integration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I'm thinking outloud here-- an inmate has the ability to send legal mail without it being read, right? So any inmate that has access to an attorney/legal rep can send out an account (theirs, of course) of incidents without it being censored by the mail room. Should we be encouraging people to do this? I know their atty may not be representing them for this purpose, but it would at least be sending the facts out to someone? That may be a burden or ethical quandary for the atty, though. :/
Old 01-20-2019, 09:08 PM

Default New Folsom / CSP-SAC Level One

Does anyone have any information on the how the integration is on the level one (minimum support facility) at New Folsom (CSP-SAC)? Transferring there this week