Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:27 AM

Can anyone tell me the process for non-appointments? I know they start at 10 and you get a number on a firstcome first serve basis. What time do they start issuing the numbers, at 10 as well or should I be there early if I want a good number? Where do I get the number, from the guy at the entry gate, or the first guy you speak to inside? Do non-appointments get cancelled first when its crowded or do they cancel all visits on a first in = first out basis? I know a lot of questions but I'm thankful for any and all help!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2019, 09:35 AM

Thanked 1,396 Times in 577 Posts

I last visited about 2 years ago. Assuming things have not changed since then, the guard at the gate does not let non-appointment visitors on the grounds until about 10. Everyone waits on the side of the road outside prison grounds. As I recall when non-appointments are allowed on the grounds the organizing of numbers, or just getting in line, happens at the visiting center building.

Cancellations due to overcrowding should be in accordance with rules established in CDCR visiting handbook. Longest visits (first in) cancelled first, exceptions being things like visitors who have traveled excessively long distance or have not visited in a very long time.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Sunkiss3d (02-15-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkiss3d View Post
Can anyone tell me the process for non-appointments? I know they start at 10 and you get a number on a firstcome first serve basis. What time do they start issuing the numbers, at 10 as well or should I be there early if I want a good number? Where do I get the number, from the guy at the entry gate, or the first guy you speak to inside? Do non-appointments get cancelled first when its crowded or do they cancel all visits on a first in = first out basis? I know a lot of questions but I'm thankful for any and all help!

So, the tickets are issued by the officer at the gate. He starts giving them at 830. You just have to pull up and let him know you need a number. There are not very many terminations on C yard, not so sure if this will change with all those who were transferred but visits are cancelled on a first in - first out basis.
Sunkiss3d (02-15-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDYJO View Post
So, the tickets are issued by the officer at the gate. He starts giving them at 830. You just have to pull up and let him know you need a number. There are not very many terminations on C yard, not so sure if this will change with all those who were transferred but visits are cancelled on a first in - first out basis.
hi and good evening!
I visit Cyard and all but one time we have been terminated (out of about 20 visits) especially here lately where some women were only getting 2 hour visits before being terminated.
I usually never get an appointment before 10:30so that way there usually is about 10-12 or so people before me that gets terminated first.
also depending on which yard u go to (C-YARD) visiting here flows like this...
one weekend you have All Bulldogs on sat or sun then the opposite day is GP.
the following weekend is all GP.
bull dogs get 2 days a month visiting and Gp gets 6(from what I can gather there isn't all that many Bulldogs on C yard..
Old 03-05-2019, 01:04 AM

Anyone know what the visiting status is for this coming weekend? They havent updated the vpass status or the visitor hotline message since the 24th.