Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Solano (SOL)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Solano (SOL) Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the California State Prison, Solano (SOL) located in Vacaville, California.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:56 AM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

Lock down update for Solano

I am a regular visitor at Solano. When I arrived yesterday A yard was on lock down. During visiting a incident occurred on D yard. An ambulance was dispatched to the yard. What we heard in the visiting room was that an officer was down. Following the incident the whole prison went on lockdown.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2014, 09:11 PM

Default Hotline to call before you drive there

1.800.374.8474 Is the number to call before you go out there. You have to go through the voicemail prompts to get to Solano. I'm pretty sure it's 1, then 2, then 3. Then it will tell you what buildings are on lock down if any. It takes a few minutes but better than wasting hours driving and waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie8899 View Post
Can anyone provide me a phone number to find out if my son is again in lockdown? I have an appt. for this Sunday. Last week I went and was told he was locked down even though he is not an "Other", because he is housed with a person who is in the Other group. (That was after I had waited for half an hour, had the coke and food ready, heated in the microwave). Then, suddenly, a day later, he was off lockdown. (He wasn't able to explain to me over the phone how that happened). Now, just as suddenly, he is not calling--he usually calls every day. I don't want to make another trip up there for nothing again, but I don't know how to find out if somehow, they put him on lockdown again with the "Others." Theoretically, he should be out, but since that happened before, I'm wondering if it has happened again. Any suggestions appreciated!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:33 PM
He is my air

Anyone know what's going on on A yard? And how long this lockdown is expected to be?
Old 04-03-2014, 07:59 PM

my husband called briefly on Tuesday and said they were letting people out of their cells a little at a time to see if there were going to be any problems. I have not heard from him since so I assume they went back on full lock down.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 PM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02131976 View Post
my husband called briefly on Tuesday and said they were letting people out of their cells a little at a time to see if there were going to be any problems. I have not heard from him since so I assume they went back on full lock down.
They must still be down. They haven't updated VPASS yet. They usually do by Thursday if there is visiting for all yards when there has been a lock down
Old 04-04-2014, 02:19 PM

We can visit!!! vPASS was updated!!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:10 PM

Default Lockdown

Does anyone know if Solano is on lockdown this week? Are inmates able to use the phone?

Thank you.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:28 PM
MissMe24

Hello ladies, I'm new on here. My fiance is in Solano. I was noticing that there were posts saying that there is a LD, and I was wondering if Solano was one that's also on LD? Has anybody heard anything regarding Solano?
Old 02-09-2019, 06:57 PM

Exclamation

Hi Iím new here, I couldnít find a way to post a new thread so my fiancť hasnít contacted me in a week all he said was ď I love and jr with all my heart,give him a hug and kiss for me I love youĒ.. Iím just worried. I have heard from him since Saturday.
Are they on lockdown? If so how long is lockdown?
Can I visit? I try calling the Soloano state prison nobody answers and the one for
Non contact visits I could only call Wednesday from 11-1pm. But I donít want to drive find out I canít visit him but, I will do anything.
I just want word out to him that I hope he isnít mad bc I didnít put money on the books on time, I donít get paid till the 25 from my new job. Ugh Iíve been stressing. Please help! Unless heís in the hole.

I hope you have so information..itís stressful

Need help ladyís Iím going krazy not knowing shit about him

Last edited by patchouli; 02-09-2019 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: Merged 3 consecutive posts
Old 02-09-2019, 08:28 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,205 Times in 15,739 Posts

Hi Lexi9420 Hey, first thing: Breathe!! Whether on LD or in the SHU, he'll call when he can. Hopefully he's got some writing material and will at least write even if he can't call. In the meantime, you keep writing so he knows you're ok and worried abut him

I can't answer about whether or not he's on LD or in the SHU, but I do want to welcome you to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
miamac (02-09-2019), sidewalker (02-10-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 08:49 PM

Thank you, I know he’s not supposed to have a phone but he hasn’t message me on Messenger unless they confiscated his roommate cell phone..I send word to his homie but all he said is “OK” and I don’t want to annoy them ,I just hope he isn’t mad because I haven’t put money on the books because I was trying to look for job..I did now FINALlY I started on the 5th and get paid on the 25&10 th so I could help. The last girl he was going to marry and the message I seen was June 2018.. So I asked him about that post like an worried women would..so he said he was just using her and fell back and thought about his decision “because he said he’s serious about marriage and when we first started talking it was around end of Oct2018 and I was serious about it then he popped the question and I said yes. But I told him I wanted to get married before I even knew he was pervously engaged. I’m just stressed out idk if I should see him again. I’m lost why would he leave me hanging with a message saying he love me and my son
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexi9420 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 09:06 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Hi Lexi9420 Hey, first thing: Breathe!! Whether on LD or in the SHU, he'll call when he can. Hopefully he's got some writing material and will at least write even if he can't call. In the meantime, you keep writing so he knows you're ok and worried abut him

I can't answer about whether or not he's on LD or in the SHU, but I do want to welcome you to PTO
Not sure if my msg went through
Old 02-09-2019, 09:19 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,205 Times in 15,739 Posts

Your post will post, but sometimes it may take as much as a day or two (or three) to get a reply. PTO is not instant messenger and not all members are online at all times

I'd be pissed about his using a contraband phone to send messages. If / When caught & CDRC takes a peek at the phone with your info on it, there will be no more contact (no visits, no calls, not sure about letters) - you'll be a security risk & he'll be in the SHU for sure + possible outside charges. If you don't mind me asking, are ya'll MWI? If so, please do not stress not sending him money and Don't Send Money at all. See how he reacts

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-10-2019), sidewalker (02-10-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 09:31 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Your post will post, but sometimes it may take as much as a day or two (or three) to get a reply. PTO is not instant messenger and not all members are online at all times

I'd be pissed about his using a contraband phone to send messages. If / When caught & CDRC takes a peek at the phone with your info on it, there will be no more contact (no visits, no calls, not sure about letters) - you'll be a security risk & he'll be in the SHU for sure + possible outside charges. If you don't mind me asking, are ya'll MWI? If so, please do not stress not sending him money and Don't Send Money at all. See how he reacts
Yea thatís why i tell him use the phones provided in the cell we donít have to worry about getting caught and him going in the shu. Men are babies sometimes they wonít listen. I feel like going to see him I have so much answers we are planning to get married in August. How do I know if heís under lockdown it shouldnít be a week right? The phone isnít his it a friends will his visit be taken away even if the phone is his friends. Maybe he thought about not getting caught and his friend did
Old 02-10-2019, 03:45 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,838 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi9420 View Post
Yea that’s why i tell him use the phones provided in the cell we don’t have to worry about getting caught and him going in the shu. Men are babies sometimes they won’t listen. I feel like going to see him I have so much answers we are planning to get married in August. How do I know if he’s under lockdown it shouldn’t be a week right? The phone isn’t his it a friends will his visit be taken away even if the phone is his friends. Maybe he thought about not getting caught and his friend did
CDCR can add three months into his sentence if he's caught with a cell phone. If the phone belongs to his cell mate, that person would have to take blame for the phone if caught - but I doubt your guy would be saved from charges because it's pretty obvious he's using that phone too. It's just bad news all around. If you want to try and find out whether he's in the hole, you could probably call the prison and speak to Records and simply ask for his housing information. I doubt they will tell you whether or not he's in ad seg, but if his housing info has changed you can probably figure out if the new address is the unit where they have administrative segregation.

There's the whole other issue about your relationship: you say you've been talking to him since October so just about four months - he admitted he was using someone else right before then, telling the girl he was to marry her....and now you guys are planning on marrying...sounds like multiple red flags to me. I would do as Patch suggests and stop sending him money altogether - keep that money for yourself & your son.

Having said all that... this thread is about lockdown status at SOL so if you want to get advice and talk about your relationship, you should post in either out thread Husbands & Boyfriends In Prison or, if you met while he was already in prison, then the correct forum is Met While Incarcerated. You are able to start a new thread in any forum by first going into that forum, then clicking the "new thread" button in the upper left corner of the page

Last edited by Sarianna; 02-10-2019 at 04:06 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
miamac (02-10-2019), sidewalker (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 09:57 AM

Ok thanks guys..he called me on the phone provided in there I had to put mins and pay to to answer his call, he said they disposed of the phone so I guess it’s just writing letters and waiting for his call when allowed. Thanks girls