Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California Topics and Discussions related to Corcoran State Prison (COR) located in Corcoran, California.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaswifey2009
My husband just got transferred here 2 weeks ago. Haven't been here in over 6 years so I forgot how it works. Have a few questions.. ANYONE KNOW SOMEONE IN COR SHU RIGHT NOW??? Are they allowed to use phones? If so within how long of being there? Is the mail slow there? How often can we send $$ via Jpay for commissary? Thank you! P.s, he is not new to prison has been incarcerated since 1999. I'm just concerned why we haven't herd from him. Any help would be very appreciated.

If you haven't heard from him since the transfer 2 weeks ago, that is normal. They have to go thru the orientation period and get housed. Plus, the property has to transfer over to them as well like any other institution.
1) No, they are not allowed to use the phone. However, if they are in the Step Down Program then it would depend on their level which either way is limited with phone use.
2) Mail is not slow. On average it has taken max 6 days to get mail from my husband.
3) Jpay has it's own rules for how often you can send and has nothing to do with the institution. I believe there is a 3 day period wait until you can send again after each time you send money.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgonzos View Post
If you haven't heard from him since the transfer 2 weeks ago, that is normal. They have to go thru the orientation period and get housed. Plus, the property has to transfer over to them as well like any other institution.
1) No, they are not allowed to use the phone. However, if they are in the Step Down Program then it would depend on their level which either way is limited with phone use.
2) Mail is not slow. On average it has taken max 6 days to get mail from my husband.
3) Jpay has it's own rules for how often you can send and has nothing to do with the institution. I believe there is a 3 day period wait until you can send again after each time you send money.

Thanks a lot.. He dosnt have the new address where I am since I just moved 3 weeks ago & told him I would be sending new address in the mail once we got the Keyes. So I sent him a letter to Delano 2 weeks ago where he was & then I guess he got transferred the next day. So I got his address there a week after. I sent a letter there will info last week. Idk what step down means but he's level 4. Also how long abouts is it taking THEM to get mail? Since he's going through orientation still does he get the mail or they wait until he's settled in??
Thanks also for info on JPAY. I sent him $$ last week the day we found out he was there & some ladies said they notify them with a slip or something stating they received $$ & from who??? Others said it could take 3-5 business days??? I just sent the $$ to make sure he knew I knew he was there & if he needed stamps or whatever...
Thanks again.
INSTAGRAM : removed info per policy

Last edited by sass4221; 05-26-2015 at 07:57 PM..
Old 05-26-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks a lot.. He dosnt have the new address where I am since I just moved 3 weeks ago & told him I would be sending new address in the mail once we got the Keyes. So I sent him a letter to Delano 2 weeks ago where he was & then I guess he got transferred the next day. So I got his address there a week after. I sent a letter there will info last week. Idk what step down means but he's level 4. Also how long abouts is it taking THEM to get mail? Since he's going through orientation still does he get the mail or they wait until he's settled in?? Thanks also for info on JPAY. I sent him $$ last week the day we found out he was there & some ladies said they notify them with a slip or something stating they received $$ & from who??? Others said it could take 3-5 business days??? I just sent the $$ to make sure he knew I knew he was there & if he needed stamps or whatever... Thanks again. INSTAGRAM : removed info per policy
He should get your letter soon. It takes between 5-7 days for my husband to get my mail. Be patient he will get his mail. It may be longer if he is moved to a different block/cell.
If you don't know what Step Down is then he is likely not in it. Being level IV is just his security level.
He will get his JPay notification on a slip with the amount and from who on it. The money can be as soon as the next day but up to 72 hours to post to his account. He will be able to use as much as $55 for commissary if he does not owe restitution. He will find out what draw he is once he is there for commissary.

Last edited by sass4221; 05-26-2015 at 07:59 PM..
Old 05-26-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
He should get your letter soon. It takes between 5-7 days for my husband to get my mail. Be patient he will get his mail. It may be longer if he is moved to a different block/cell.
If you don't know what Step Down is then he is likely not in it. Being level IV is just his security level.
He will get his JPay notification on a slip with the amount and from who on it. The money can be as soon as the next day but up to 72 hours to post to his account. He will be able to use as much as $55 for commissary if he does not owe restitution. He will find out what draw he is once he is there for commissary.
Thanks soooo much girl for fast response & ur help... I've been stressing you know. I've been doing this 9 year & the waiting on mail or info game is still hard when you don't know what's going on.
Thanks sooo much!

INSTAGRAM : removed info per policy

Last edited by sass4221; 05-26-2015 at 07:59 PM..
Old 05-26-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks soooo much girl for fast response & ur help... I've been stressing you know. I've been doing this 9 year & the waiting on mail or info game is still hard when you don't know what's going on. Thanks sooo much! INSTAGRAM : removed info per policy
No problem! Welcome to the COR. I've been here for 6-7 years I'm losing count. Will be transferred soon enough. It's not a very active thread here, however, I do check in and will answer if I can.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:54 PM

I'm new to this site too where you from?
Old 05-26-2015, 10:59 PM

Sfvalley
Old 05-28-2015, 09:48 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Quote:
No problem! Welcome to the COR. I've been here for 6-7 years I'm losing count. Will be transferred soon enough. It's not a very active thread here, however, I do check in and will answer if I can.
We are awaiting a transfer as well, couldn't come soon enough! Looking forward to that contact visit!
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Old 05-29-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy's Girl
We are awaiting a transfer as well, couldn't come soon enough! Looking forward to that contact visit!
Yes! I can't wait! Although, I am going to miss the privacy of SHU visits.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:38 AM

Hi everyone! I just found out that my husband was transferred here from Wasco last week. Not really sure how COR is. He will be in SNY level 4 and he says that he scores high enough to work in PIA. How does that work with him being in SNY? Or does it not matter. He also said that if he has good behavior, in a year, he'll drop down to level 3. Also, are there other things that I need to know?! Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to mxpyacymmzy For This Useful Post:
mrs.duarte24 (10-02-2016)
Old 10-02-2016, 11:21 PM

My husband should be moving here soon and I would appreciate if anyone can answer the same questions below? TIA!
Also does anyone know what programs are available for level 4 SNY inmates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpyacymmzy View Post
Hi everyone! I just found out that my husband was transferred here from Wasco last week. Not really sure how COR is. He will be in SNY level 4 and he says that he scores high enough to work in PIA. How does that work with him being in SNY? Or does it not matter. He also said that if he has good behavior, in a year, he'll drop down to level 3. Also, are there other things that I need to know?! Thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisSugarPie View Post
Hi Pnjcanoe! Packages for SHU inmates are different than for mainline inmates. SHU inmates can only receive annual food packages and they have to be in a SHU unit for a year to receive them. Now, if he was in a SHU unit at the place he was transferred from and it has been a year, then yes, he can get them. The best way to find out his date is either to ask him or to call Corcoran (559-992-8800) and talk to his counselor.

You can definitely send envelopes and paper. Either the prestamped kind or a book of stamps and plain envelopes. I usually send a pack of 150 sheets of paper, 20 envelopes and 20 stamps in a large manila envelope with NO metal closures. The best kind to get are the ones with the peel and stick closures. If you have more questions, the boards here are full of wonderful information.
shu inmates are allowed one package a year unless hes on nds status
Old 10-30-2017, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes! I can't wait! Although, I am going to miss the privacy of SHU visits.
I hear you on the privacy we love shu my husbands spent 20 years combined in there
Old 10-31-2017, 09:58 AM
Banned

mine got moved from shu to asu not sure why? does he get visitation in asu ?
Old 10-31-2017, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday123 View Post
Hi lojo.

Let me first say I think when I type I leave more in my head then I put on paper. As I said in my post, (not verbatum) it is a very individual decision.

Mine did 12 straight years on his last bid, and from what I know made alot of enemies that had to PC up as a result. He is a two striker, and now that he wants to change his life this time around has decided its best just to do his in-determinant time in the shu to guarantee he will come home on his out date.

I didnt mean to say all SNY are living chaotic, I just know that a lot of the LONG TIMERS whether they be main line, shu, or SNY tend to know who is who, and according to him there is more drama than he cares to risk with his situation being an habitual 2 striker.

I hope I made sense

Thank you for listening.
sny LOTS OF TWO FIVERS ITS ALL DRAMA THERE NOBODY IS SAFE my husband recinded his SNY status and we were out of there thank god so much drama there

and yes the long timers know each other stick together its the young punk two fivers who stir up all the shit long timers don't put up with even if it is the typical 3 on one two fivers they cant stand on they're own man to man

Last edited by patchouli; 10-31-2017 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: Merged 2 consecutive posts
Old 11-04-2017, 12:43 AM

Hello, I went through this forum and couldn’t find a thread that might help me out. A LO passed away in Corcoran. I’m aware that important info is only released to next of kin. My question is, is there anyway to find out the details/specifics of his passing? If anyone has any information that they could pass down it would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:53 PM

Default Is Corcoran State Prison on Lockdown

I'm not sure but I haven't spoken to my husband or received a letter from him in over a week.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:44 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,603 Times in 14,845 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeV View Post
Hello, I went through this forum and couldn’t find a thread that might help me out. A LO passed away in Corcoran. I’m aware that important info is only released to next of kin. My question is, is there anyway to find out the details/specifics of his passing? If anyone has any information that they could pass down it would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Im so sorry for your loss.
As to details of the death, I dont know. Chaplain maybe?
Or if you have a contact number for a family member, maybe they would share?

That's my dog's nose art