Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California Topics and Discussions related to Corcoran State Prison (COR) located in Corcoran, California.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default COR All question Regarding SHU

Please use this thread to ask and answer any question you might have pertaining to the SHU at Corcoran.

Thanks!

Linkto2011
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 06:18 PM

Hello. currently my man is @ s.v.s.p he will be transfering to Corcoran SHU. I Need all the info. i could get regarding visits. Packages e.t.c thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 12:21 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiizshygurl View Post
Hello. currently my man is @ s.v.s.p he will be transfering to Corcoran SHU. I Need all the info. i could get regarding visits. Packages e.t.c thanks
If he's going to the SHU he wont be able to get a package. I believe he needs to be there for a year atleast. (ladies correct me if I'm wrong.)

The visits are 1 hour long at time you can get a little more and it also depends on the hour you get your appointment. Atleast this is how I did it back then.

You call and make your appointment and when your there you can make you follwing appointment with the guard.

You drive up and there is a bus stop and you will see people standing there. Thats the bus that takes you to the SHU. For your first time I would be there very early to get the groove of things.

They do have lockers where you can put your keys.

I'm sure the other ladies will come and answer anything else I've might not mentioned or changed.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Banned

Yur right Traviesita..
I visit here every weekend... Is much layback then SV...
Dresscode as longest you don't wear tight pants your good... I always wear sweats..
Good Luck
Old 02-01-2012, 01:20 AM

Thanks ladies. im glad to hear its better then s.v.s.p. that place was very strict nd im jus glad my love is leaving there!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,954 Times in 2,167 Posts

This last weekened,the lady driving the shuttle bus was nice but would not let anyone board to go to shu until 30 min. before their visit :-(
She was also talking about dress code so make sure shirts have 4 inch sleeves,straps can't be seen through tops and no "clevage" can show.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl P. View Post
This last weekened,the lady driving the shuttle bus was nice but would not let anyone board to go to shu until 30 min. before their visit :-(
She was also talking about dress code so make sure shirts have 4 inch sleeves,straps can't be seen through tops and no "clevage" can show.
Yeah she was nice. I think is btter the be waiting for 1hr. Dress code is not strict here at all compare other places like SV.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:51 PM

Yes cycomariposa. im local. Right here in town. So as soon as my love gets here ill be visiting every weekend!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Yes cycomariposa. im local. Right here in town. So as soon as my love gets here ill be visiting every weekend!!!!!!!
I am so jealous
Enjoy your visits
Old 02-07-2012, 02:59 PM

You can also email on Mondays between 6-10 for your appt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
If he's going to the SHU he wont be able to get a package. I believe he needs to be there for a year atleast. (ladies correct me if I'm wrong.)

The visits are 1 hour long at time you can get a little more and it also depends on the hour you get your appointment. Atleast this is how I did it back then.

You call and make your appointment and when your there you can make you follwing appointment with the guard.

You drive up and there is a bus stop and you will see people standing there. Thats the bus that takes you to the SHU. For your first time I would be there very early to get the groove of things.

They do have lockers where you can put your keys.

I'm sure the other ladies will come and answer anything else I've might not mentioned or changed.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by almagangster View Post
Anyone going to Corcoran Shu this Saturday, Feb 11 around 12:30??
I'm a try tomorrow to make an appointment at that time, they didn't let me on sunday make an appointment there because there was only space for the ones who sent an email I've always make my app. There but this time I couldn't :/
Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oo ok I'm about 35min away
Old 02-07-2012, 08:42 PM

My guy is technically out of the SHU, but he's still in the COR SHU with his same celly. He wrote me last week telling me he knows who he's going to be celled up with when he gets transferred back to KVSP, but that they could wait up to 9 months to get moved... does anyone have any experience with this? I'm worried that he's going to have the same trouble when he goes back to KVSP as he did when he got to COR- should I start having him send me his pictures and stuff? I've written him a LOT, and I'm worried he won't be able to take all his letters, too... Any info/experience is great!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:42 PM

My husband Shu term is up soon and he will have to go to a 180 yard besides kern is there any other 180 yards level 4 that anyone knows of susanville ?? or anywhere else ??? Thanks for any info
Old 02-11-2012, 09:35 AM

Question Administrative Segregation Unit (ASU) at Corcoran State Prison

My fiance is currently incarcerated in Corcoran state prison and he was supposed to be released jan.11 2012 but couple months before his released date they rated dorm towards the end of the rating they arrested him and charged him with possession of a controlled substance for distribution...They sent him to ASU..I dnt knw what to do I dont even know how much time they added...Ive called the prison and they fail to give me any information towards him..I need hlep I need to knw what is going on with my fiance this is so tough for me
Old 02-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Donation Award 

Make sure he has postal embossed envelopes and plain white paper so he can write you and send a letter asking him what is going on in terms of his release date and how long he will be in Ad. Seg.
If you can visit,I am sure he would appreciate it.They can get one hour "behind glass" visits I believe.They are recorded so watch what you ask him about since those tapes are reviewed.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:49 PM

Default Carpooling from L.A to corcoran

Hey ladies, my man is in corcoran shu I will be going up nxt weekend for a saturday visit and staying sat nite for a sunday visit. For any ladies that are needing a ride I am looking for someone to carpool with and just help out with gas. I stay in the L.a area thanks have a wonderful weekend (email removed per PTO Policy-pm member)

Last edited by sidewalker; 03-13-2012 at 09:40 AM..
Old 02-29-2012, 08:06 PM

My fiance is in the SHU, about to get transferred to the ASU while he waits to get sent back to Kern Valley. Anybody know if I'll get contact visits? And, we're hoping to get married sometime towards the end of this year, anyone know the time frame for that? He said he'll probably be there like, another year and a half before he gets sent back to Kern Valley, they just don't have room for him...
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy's_meg View Post
My fiance is in the SHU, about to get transferred to the ASU while he waits to get sent back to Kern Valley. Anybody know if I'll get contact visits? And, we're hoping to get married sometime towards the end of this year, anyone know the time frame for that? He said he'll probably be there like, another year and a half before he gets sent back to Kern Valley, they just don't have room for him...
Sorry but they are short,non-contact visits behind glass.
Congratulations on getting married
They will not allow contact even for that
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 PM

Hi ladies.. my man finally made it to COR. Just wana know if i cud visit him immediatly. he in the Shu. or is there a processing time? tnx ladies.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Hi ladies.. my man finally made it to COR. Just wana know if i cud visit him immediatly. he in the Shu. or is there a processing time? tnx ladies.
Shu visits are by appointment only and you have to book at set times,you can't visit that weekened due to the booking schedule.
Call visitation and ask them if you are good for a visit.
I had to re-submit my visitation approval form since it had to be up-dated.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:46 PM

do they get phone calls in shu?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Loct15 View Post
do they get phone calls in shu?
No.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:38 AM

Hi ladies. well its been so hard to get a visit. I have email a few times on Monday mornings. I NEVER get approved. I try calling Wednesdays nd Fridays and nobody ever answers. The one time they did answer it was jus to tell me their system was down nd they werent making appointments. Ladies my man has been @ COR for a month nd i havent had 1 visit. What can i do to get a visit. Please help. Tnx ladies
Old 04-20-2012, 05:18 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Hi ladies. well its been so hard to get a visit. I have email a few times on Monday mornings. I NEVER get approved. I try calling Wednesdays nd Fridays and nobody ever answers. The one time they did answer it was jus to tell me their system was down nd they werent making appointments. Ladies my man has been @ COR for a month nd i havent had 1 visit. What can i do to get a visit. Please help. Tnx ladies

So sorry you have not been able to see him since he has arrived at Corcoran.
I would suggest you e-mail at 6 a.m on Monday.Ask for "any available visit time" since if you ask for a time that is not available,they will just not confirm an appointment and you have to wait.Make sure you follow the format they require with all the correct information.
It usually takes me about 4o min. of straight calling before I can actually talk to a live person,much longer if it is booking for a holiday.I called for two hours straight to get an appointment for Christmas and almost gave uo after getting the call disconnected twice after finally getting through and being placed on hold for what seemed like forever.
They are a challenge.
Keep at it and you can see your man
Good luck!