Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:52 PM

hey ladies!! okay so my hubby is officially at PVSP and I would like to know how do.we go abt applying for FV? and how long does the process take? I wna do this asap! please ladies any help would be good thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 11:30 PM
rayswifey2014

You should talk to your hubby. He has to send the paperwork to u. I think he has to get approval from the captain or the sargent or warden but he sends the papers to u then u send them back to the prison attn fam visits or ofcr lafuer. She calls u then u get a date. A lot of girls on here don like ofcr. Lafeur but my sister has visits about once a mnth. She likes her and has no probs. Im getting married nxt year so I am going on fam visits to. Dont read the neg stuff on here bcuz u will get discouraged and I thnk sum are racist cuz shes blk I think. Fill out ur paperwork right and u will be ok. My sister gets her visits quick bcuz she does her paperwork right. U can call the visit department too and get info. Good luck
medinabby (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 11:37 PM
rayswifey2014

P.s. the mail system there sux so ur hubby may have too get the paperwork mailed 2x. Just fill it out right. Once u get ur first visit u get one evry month or month and a half. My sister tells me everythng so I will pass it to u. Call the visit dept and ask the sargent.
medinabby (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 11:51 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayswifey2014 View Post
P.s. the mail system there sux so ur hubby may have too get the paperwork mailed 2x. Just fill it out right. Once u get ur first visit u get one evry month or month and a half. My sister tells me everythng so I will pass it to u. Call the visit dept and ask the sargent.
thank you so much for the great info he just got there so I haven't received mail from him yet im hoping soon though and I hope he qualifies!! would I have too call his counselor by any chance?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:28 AM
HiS FANSY FASE <3

On regards of racistism? My husband is blk so are my kids....its not called negativity either.... its more unprofessional ways that the officers deal with us on the phone whn we call to ask questions. As I can see u haven't even dealt with Officer Laflore at all. So u cant speak for other ppl, until u have been there nd done that. After my ppr wrk got lost with her name on it.... I made a complaint.... why? Cause its not fair that my ppr wrk is no where to be found wit a trackn# nd signatured. The way Officer Priolo was at the time of calling her askn numerous of Questions not one time she gave an attitude. I called her more thn 5 time in 2 days nd was so professional throws mes the whole 9yrds. But wit the new fv coordinator.... attitudes, etc, so UNPROFESSIONAL..... in my own experience.... just wntd to clarify there's no racistism over here... my own husband nd kids are BLACK jus like her!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayswifey2014 View Post
You should talk to your hubby. He has to send the paperwork to u. I think he has to get approval from the captain or the sargent or warden but he sends the papers to u then u send them back to the prison attn fam visits or ofcr lafuer. She calls u then u get a date. A lot of girls on here don like ofcr. Lafeur but my sister has visits about once a mnth. She likes her and has no probs. Im getting married nxt year so I am going on fam visits to. Dont read the neg stuff on here bcuz u will get discouraged and I thnk sum are racist cuz shes blk I think. Fill out ur paperwork right and u will be ok. My sister gets her visits quick bcuz she does her paperwork right. U can call the visit department too and get info. Good luck
Old 06-19-2013, 05:14 PM
His... Always in All Ways

I too can say that it has nothing to do with prejudice...
This process is inconvenient for everyone involved and we all would rather our husbands be home and that we didn't have to ask permission to have a visit with them. But their not and unfortunatly we are here all trying to work together the officers, the inmates and the families.
It's always a refresher when as wive's we encounter officers like Priolo who are kind, more than helpful and who treat us like human beings...
It's not that we want to
Old 06-19-2013, 05:26 PM
His... Always in All Ways

Oops,
I don't think that we want to pull anything over on anyone, we are all just trying to get through the best we can.
As for Officer LaFluer... I understand that she's just trying to do her job, it's not an easy position and not one that can be taken lightly. I actually just got off the phone with her regarding my next family visit and she was helpful and cordial. I'm hoping that we can get passed things that have happened when she first took over the position and we can treat each other the way we each deserve to be treated.
I too have had 2 visiting packets that were lost recently and one packet that was lost back in February... As frustratin as it is, I know that LaFluer does not handle the mail in anyway... The mail room at this time is in bad shape and in need of many extra hands.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:31 PM
HiS FANSY FASE <3

I so agree with you..... every one encounters different results.... regarding officers period...
But for sum1 to comment regardn a RACE Has it very twisted.... I say wht my experiences have been since day one..... nd when is ur next family visit?? I'm goin to my 3rd one Tomorrow. I'm so ready for it. Nd yes ma'am even wit da bad experiences I have encounter with I'm tryn my hardest to stay in my lane.... only da strong survive as they say.... grrat day girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsgirl12 View Post
Oops,
I don't think that we want to pull anything over on anyone, we are all just trying to get through the best we can.
As for Officer LaFluer... I understand that she's just trying to do her job, it's not an easy position and not one that can be taken lightly. I actually just got off the phone with her regarding my next family visit and she was helpful and cordial. I'm hoping that we can get passed things that have happened when she first took over the position and we can treat each other the way we each deserve to be treated.
I too have had 2 visiting packets that were lost recently and one packet that was lost back in February... As frustratin as it is, I know that LaFluer does not handle the mail in anyway... The mail room at this time is in bad shape and in need of many extra hands.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:22 PM

I haven't heard from my husband and its been a week today since he got there his counselor is loovel idk how u spell it I hope I hear from him soon though so we can begin the process! lucky YOLEE104 whos on her 3rd family visit!! any pointers on wat I can do to speed up the process?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:32 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,603 Times in 14,845 Posts

Ok this thread is for questions/answers regarding family visits.
I also want to caution you guys about using employee's names online.Especially if its negative. Heck if you want something from someone you sure as heck wouldnt get any assistance from someone you just talked crap about, right?
CO's do post from time to time and probably do read as well.
just saying

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-21-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 05:14 PM

ladies, how long after you send out your paperwork for f/v do you get a call from La Fleur? i finally got my visits back and havent experience her yet. i returned the paperwork quite some time ago. plus our food package got there first. what is the typical waiting time, now that priolo is gone? if i call to ask if she has received it will she be upset? please help thanks
Old 06-24-2013, 07:20 PM
HiS FANSY FASE <3

[quote=bdogswifey;7171096]ladies, how long after you send out your paperwork for f/v do you get a call from La Fleur? i finally got my visits back and havent experience her yet. i returned the paperwork quite some time ago. plus our food package got there first. what is the typical waiting time, now that priolo is gone? if i call to ask if she has received it will she be upset? please help

Usually she gives u a call once she receives ur packet. Well at least that's what she did with me after my packet got lost here nd there. Nd yes ur food package gotta be there first before she gives u a date. The wait time is not that long... after she received my packet on a Thursday I got that call on da following Monday wit my date.... I got back frm my fam visits today nd da whole process was fast itself...... good luck grl......
Old 06-24-2013, 11:07 PM

thanks seems like she is pretty fast. i will call her tomorrow hopefully she has my paperwork by now and i could get a date . think its a bad idea to call? i dont want her to get mad.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:17 PM

Thumbs up thanks to all the ladies that are helpful

my hubby sent in a request to get the packet hopfully this doesnt take long :/ how long did it take for ur hubby to get the packet and send it out to you? ladies any help would be appreciated YOLEE seems to know alot and is very helpful
Old 06-25-2013, 09:08 AM

it took mine about 3 days to get the paperwork. we are already approved to have them, and have in the past, but now trying to get one again. i havent encountered la fleur yet but she seemed nice on the phone one time. hopefully i dont upset her
Old 06-25-2013, 12:19 PM

Default bdogswiifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogswifey View Post
it took mine about 3 days to get the paperwork. we are already approved to have them, and have in the past, but now trying to get one again. i havent encountered la fleur yet but she seemed nice on the phone one time. hopefully i dont upset her

thanks for the reply girl! really o wow im glad the process doesnt take long at all? so in less then a month from la fleur receiving my packet and purchasing a package i will get a date? omg this makes me so happy! i cannot wait!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:48 PM

hopefully. i called her this morning to see if she got my paperwork, (has my food package) since its been a while since I sent it. said no she didnt that she would call me when she did. but unlike priolo, she didnt even take a moment to look. priolo would have told me to hold so she can look. wow, i already miss her . i dont know what to do, my hubby is upset and i feel useless. i even sent it express mail with signature confirmation in a big manilla envelope. what do i do? should i have my hunny request another set of paperwork? may God hear my prayers and we get one soon ...
Old 06-25-2013, 07:50 PM
HiS FANSY FASE <3

If she told u she's gonna call u jus wait until she does...... That's one of the things tht upset her nd u don't wnt tht..... Nd my yes girl u shld be gettn ur date by next week for sure..... So good luck girlie

Quote:
hopefully. i called her this morning to see if she got my paperwork, (has my food package) since its been a while since I sent it. said no she didnt that she would call me when she did. but unlike priolo, she didnt even take a moment to look. priolo would have told me to hold so she can look. wow, i already miss her . i dont know what to do, my hubby is upset and i feel useless. i even sent it express mail with signature confirmation in a big manilla envelope. what do i do? should i have my hunny request another set of paperwork? may God hear my prayers and we get one soon ...
Old 06-25-2013, 07:53 PM
HiS FANSY FASE <3

It doesn't take tht long nd its only matter of days nd once u get it send it to her nd like a week in a half she shld be Kalln u wit a date but after the account withdrawals clears thn u good..... Good luck too girlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinabby View Post
my hubby sent in a request to get the packet hopfully this doesnt take long :/ how long did it take for ur hubby to get the packet and send it out to you? ladies any help would be appreciated YOLEE seems to know alot and is very helpful
Old 06-25-2013, 07:57 PM
HiS FANSY FASE <3

I say have ur husband requests another one!! Tht happens to me in may nd grl I had to get another one..... Nd it's pointless to call her again if its been delivered thn don't waste no time nd have ur husband get another one!! I'll be prepared I'm waiting on my new packet rite now nd I jus for back from my Fb on Monday lol gotta take advantage of Ths monthly ones lol

I][/i]
Quote:
Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolee104 View Post
It doesn't take tht long nd its only matter of days nd once u get it send it to her nd like a week in a half she shld be Kalln u wit a date but after the account withdrawals clears thn u good..... Good luck too girlie
wow thats a big relief grl me and my hubby thought this process would take months thanks girl
Old 06-25-2013, 09:48 PM
HiS FANSY FASE <3

No problema...... I bren in yo shoes before nd I kno howbit is havn so many questions nd harsly any answers.... I'm glad the the ones tht help me thru thz.... nd now I'm shooting for my 4th fv nd I jus hope the process its fast lol. But we mite be gettn a permanent fv coordinator in a few weeks according to my husband after having a mini convo wit lafloure while she was takn him back to his yard on monday. We will see.....

Quote:
wow thats a big relief grl me and my hubby thought this process would take months thanks girl
The Following User Says Thank You to yolee104 For This Useful Post:
medinabby (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 09:02 AM

oh so la fleur wont the permanent fv coordinator? yeah im going to have my hubby send me the paperwork again if i dont get a call this week. waiting sucks. lol its been almost 9 mnths since we had a fv. it was so easy with priolo. she was super fast.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:58 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolee104 View Post
No problema...... I bren in yo shoes before nd I kno howbit is havn so many questions nd harsly any answers.... I'm glad the the ones tht help me thru thz.... nd now I'm shooting for my 4th fv nd I jus hope the process its fast lol. But we mite be gettn a permanent fv coordinator in a few weeks according to my husband after having a mini convo wit lafloure while she was takn him back to his yard on monday. We will see.....
lucky you girly! congrats I have another question! lol I got a letter from the hubby and said that he doesnt have to send it to me that he can send it to fv coordinator himself!! which I know is wrong idk who gave him that info.. but he said he would be calling by today since hes getting off orientation or tom so I can let him know thanks in advance
Old 06-26-2013, 09:46 PM
HiS FANSY FASE <3

Yes he has the wrong info. U need to sign it nd put da info of da car etc..... make sure u tell him tht......

Quote:
lucky you girly! congrats I have another question! lol I got a letter from the hubby and said that he doesnt have to send it to me that he can send it to fv coordinator himself!! which I know is wrong idk who gave him that info.. but he said he would be calling by today since hes getting off orientation or tom so I can let him know thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to yolee104 For This Useful Post:
Godsgirl12 (06-26-2013)