Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,280 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02131976 View Post
hello, can someone provide me with the phone number to the records department?
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionfruit View Post
Hi I think this is the number to records...559-935-4900
Ext 121 or 5042

Yes, that is correct..

(559) 935-4900 ext 121---Records

(559) 935-4900 ext 5042--R&R
02131976 (05-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica

Yes, that is correct..

(559) 935-4900 ext 121---Records

(559) 935-4900 ext 5042--R&R
Thanks Nica...ok I needed r&r...I had them listed but wasn't sure what they belonged too.lol
Old 05-06-2013, 12:15 AM

Hello, does anyone know if they are still accepting new inmates in good health? My LO has been endorsed to PVSP to be closer to home, now he is 12 hours away! He's hearing from the CO's at Donovan that PVSP is being shut down, but all I can find is about the inmates in poor health. Hoping you may have heard something about what's going on from the source! So confused and kinda bummed, thought we would be able to take his kids to see him for Christmas this year. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltl sis View Post
Hello, does anyone know if they are still accepting new inmates in good health? My LO has been endorsed to PVSP to be closer to home, now he is 12 hours away! He's hearing from the CO's at Donovan that PVSP is being shut down, but all I can find is about the inmates in poor health. Hoping you may have heard something about what's going on from the source! So confused and kinda bummed, thought we would be able to take his kids to see him for Christmas this year. Thanks.
As sad as this may sound PV, is not closing they should but there not from what I'm hearing and reading. LO's are being endorsed and buses keep rolling in. I'm sure they are checking now who is "high risk", and when the time comes to transfer them to the new Stockton Medical facility (if eligible), when it opens. Fact is, there's no room to send 8000+ this includes Avenal, they are in the mix as well. My baby, is thankfully healthy, he suffers from asthma and is treated, but he doesn't fall into any "high risk" category. PV, currently provides masks for everyone who wants one. The counselors are checking "C" files to make sure they are not transpaking high risk inmates to PV. If your brother has been endorsed to PV, that should tell ya something . Buses are rolling into PV weekly. My Baby's ex cellie is transpaking to PV.

Last edited by Nica; 05-06-2013 at 07:06 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nica For This Useful Post:
ltl sis (05-06-2013)
Old 05-06-2013, 04:24 PM

thank you, it's good to know they're still transfering! There are so many rumors floating around through the system that it's crazy. We want him to be closer, he wants to see his kids. As much as I would love for the additional stresses to be set on our Governor and all the other people responsible for making our system as horrendous as it is right now I'm glad the rumor isn't true! It's going to make my life a bit easier.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:24 PM

So this rumor about PVSP and Avenal being demolished is all lies. My friend's guy at SCC also heard that PVSP an Avenal were being shut due to the high level of expenses in death of inmates and CO's. In my head I'm like Okay so are these inmates being released or stacked up in another prisons gym. They also got rumors going on that instead of 85% is turning to 65% and then get released but now at this point I believe nothing until I see that it's being done. All it does is give false hopes to people.

On another note I wanted to share with all you nice ladies that I had an amazing visit and wished I didn't have to leave but as always I know soon we will be re-united. I def like the program but wished the vending machines had more to offer. Overall the processing was quick and easy. I felt like a silly kid with butterflies when I saw my baby come out.

Last edited by WeAreArt<3; 05-06-2013 at 05:41 PM..
Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreArt&lt View Post
So this rumor about PVSP and Avenal being demolished is all lies. My friend's guy at SCC also heard that PVSP an Avenal were being shut due to the high level of expenses in death of inmates and CO's. In my head I'm like Okay so are these inmates being released or stacked up in another prisons gym. They also got rumors going on that instead of 85% is turning to 65% and then get released but now at this point I believe nothing until I see that it's being done. All it does is give false hopes to people.

On another note I wanted to share with all you nice ladies that I had an amazing visit and wished I didn't have to leave but as always I know soon we will be re-united. I def like the program but wished the vending machines had more to offer. Overall the processing was quick and easy. I felt like a silly kid with butterflies when I saw my baby come out.
Aw that's great.....I'm glad it all worked out...:-) I know what you mean about butterflies and hating to leave..did you wear that dress?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltl sis View Post
thank you, it's good to know they're still transfering! There are so many rumors floating around through the system that it's crazy. We want him to be closer, he wants to see his kids. As much as I would love for the additional stresses to be set on our Governor and all the other people responsible for making our system as horrendous as it is right now I'm glad the rumor isn't true! It's going to make my life a bit easier.

You are welcome Chica! I hope it works out for you and your familia.
Marissa77 (07-17-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreArt<3 View Post

That's great, yea processing is good, what yard do you visit? the vending machine in B has only one working hopefully they get it working soon selections can always be better but it works for us. Yup, it's always hard to leave.

Last edited by Nica; 05-07-2013 at 11:56 AM..
Old 05-08-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionfruit View Post
Aw that's great.....I'm glad it all worked out...:-) I know what you mean about butterflies and hating to leave..did you wear that dress?
YES! I was so excited yet sad to leave him there :'( I ended up not wearing the vest in that color because the lady in friends outside trailer said it wouldn't pass but I think I will attempt that the second visit I just was to nervous to get myself together lol So second visit I should be confident and not nervous. I almost felt like I didnt make it to the yard lol
Old 05-08-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
That's great, yea processing is good, what yard do you visit? the vending machine in B has only one working hopefully they get it working soon selections can always be better but it works for us. Yup, it's always hard to leave.
I seriously use to sit in visit for about a solid 10-20 minutes in processing with a heat that was just crazy but here I got in and I saw the CO lady does she have semi-redish hair in the little booth, was very kind to me and I made sure to cover my tushy I kept pulling my shirt down lol I visit A yard and I mean they didnt have film I guess for the camera so no pictures. Although I must say it's nice to not have to hit my knees against the table like the old place I think I got so many bruises lol Now I can rest my hands on a regular table. I mean we will learn to work with it to in the end it's all we've got really I 'm just thankful that I can see him more if I want due to him being semi-close
Old 05-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreArt<3 View Post
I seriously use to sit in visit for about a solid 10-20 minutes in processing with a heat that was just crazy but here I got in and I saw the CO lady does she have semi-redish hair in the little booth, was very kind to me and I made sure to cover my tushy I kept pulling my shirt down lol I visit A yard and I mean they didnt have film I guess for the camera so no pictures. Although I must say it's nice to not have to hit my knees against the table like the old place I think I got so many bruises lol Now I can rest my hands on a regular table. I mean we will learn to work with it to in the end it's all we've got really I 'm just thankful that I can see him more if I want due to him being semi-close

The female CO we all mention is latina, she wears her dk hair in a clip and stands in the booth handing out passes or photo ducats. Lol, on the tables.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:12 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,642 Times in 14,862 Posts

Ok ladies......further off topic posts will be moved or deleted. This is the newbie thread for pvsp. Not for talking about valley fever (we have an ongoing thread regarding that.
We have a visit thread to talk about visits.
And we have a chit chat thread in Bull in session.
Thanks in advance.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 05-08-2013, 09:40 AM

fyi, they transferred my husband to pvsp on april 24th (2 weeks ago) and he IS classified as high risk. thery are not checking the files very closley. he feels they moved him there on purpose
Old 05-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02131976 View Post
fyi, they transferred my husband to pvsp on april 24th (2 weeks ago) and he IS classified as high risk. thery are not checking the files very closley. he feels they moved him there on purpose

Welcome, if you have any questions go right ahead and post them. There are a lot knowledgable ladies here .
Old 06-11-2013, 05:24 PM

My Ex is here now and thinking of visiting him. Any suggestions ? Also is it true the Level I & II yards both PC yards?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:22 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Exclamation Pv yards/levels

The question has come up what does PV house? I really dont know ....What levels? or/and what yards?
Would you ladies chime in?!? My question is how many yards does PV have? do we have a E yard? what yard is ad-seg? What yard is sny? I only know of B. Please help ladies and list the yard you visit and level. We could use an up to date fact sheet.
Thanks .....I only know of B:

B yard-GP level 3
Old 06-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Loving him always

Quote:
The question has come up what does PV house? I really dont know ....What levels? or/and what yards?
Would you ladies chime in?!? My question is how many yards does PV have? do we have a E yard? what yard is ad-seg? What yard is sny? I only know of B. Please help ladies and list the yard you visit and level. We could use an up to date fact sheet.

B yard-GP level 3
I'm pretty new to PV but my guy is in D yard, it's SNY and he's a level 3.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:05 AM

Quote:

B yard-GP level 3
Yes, PV has 5 yards all together. A,B,C,D and E.
Correct me if I'm wrong on this ladies:
A yard is an SNY yard,
B yard General Population,
C yard General population,
D yard SNY yard,
E yard General population for level 1 (Minimum security)

I believe ad seg does not have a yard. At times which is very minimal they do allow them to exercise a bit in a confined little space, like a cell. I'm not sure where its located I think near E Yard. As far as levels goes I'm not sure, sorry.

Last edited by Jays_Bea; 06-13-2013 at 01:18 AM..
Old 06-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboysgirl View Post
I'm pretty new to PV but my guy is in D yard, it's SNY and he's a level 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays_Bea View Post
Yes, PV has 5 yards all together. A,B,C,D and E.
Correct me if I'm wrong on this ladies:
A yard is an SNY yard,
B yard General Population,
C yard General population,
D yard SNY yard,
E yard General population for level 1 (Minimum security)

I believe ad seg does not have a yard. At times which is very minimal they do allow them to exercise a bit in a confined little space, like a cell. I'm not sure where its located I think near E Yard. As far as levels goes I'm not sure, sorry.

Thank you Dboysgirl and JaysBea ! for sharing. You ladies rock.

Okay for all you "A" yard chicas on the forum...What level is it? 3 or 4 or both????, you are all so quiet . This is informative for the newbies and for us new folks that have only been at PV, for a few months.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Donation Award 

A yard is Level 4

HE>I
Old 06-13-2013, 11:00 PM
I will always love him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylonglostlove View Post
A yard is Level 4
yes, "A yard is level IV". My baby says he heard they will be turning it into a III, but for the time being it is IV.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylonglostlove View Post
A yard is Level 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereez View Post
yes, "A yard is level IV". My baby says he heard they will be turning it into a III, but for the time being it is IV.
Thank you ladies. .

Does anyone know what level "C" is? 3 or 4?

are there any "C" yard ladies on the forum? that know.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:42 PM

hi ladies today I received a latter from the hubbie and said they just notified him he will be transferred to PVSP! im new to this and wanna be prepared for when I do go visit which is in a few weeks ladies what do I need to know? is it strict? im so nervous how do the family visits work? thanks in advance ladies
Old 06-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinabby View Post
hi ladies today I received a latter from the hubbie and said they just notified him he will be transferred to PVSP! im new to this and wanna be prepared for when I do go visit which is in a few weeks ladies what do I need to know? is it strict? im so nervous how do the family visits work? thanks in advance ladies

Welcome to PV, medinabby. You should read over the newbie and visitiation thread. Look them over, there is a lot of good information. If you still have unanswered questions post away someone will come by. There are many helpful ladies.