Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:02 AM
Account Closed

Not speaking from personal experience but just what I've read on this thread, all she needs to worry about is her portion. Tell her to just fill out the section about herself and have it notarized then send it back to him, he and his counselor will take it from there along with the coordinator who handles and sets up the weddings to take place. Hope that helps, I'm sure if I've mistated or advised incorrectly someone will correct me. These ladies can be extremely helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 07:19 PM
His official girl.

The first 3 pages (front and back) is the outline and "instructions."

Your man should have filled out the next page (4), attachment A, letter of intent form. You sign and date that page.

He should have also filled out attachment B (page 5), affidavit of inability to physically appear. The top portion, is his information as the first person. You are the second person. Fill out the bottom portion, sign and date it. I left the top line blank above my signature because I think my man forgot to sign it. I filled in everything else. No blanks. Write N/A or 0.

The next page, attachment B1 (page 6), certificate of acknowledgement form. This is the page that is notarized. It just says acknowledgement on it. The notary will know to fill it out and stamp it with his/her seal. There is a space for the stamp. It says (seal). You do not touch this page. If you have questions, ask the notary. The person I used charged $15 for same day, met me at Starbucks and was very helpful. She looked over the entire packet for me, as well and helped answer all of my questions.

Attachment C (page 7), confidential license data form. It says: affidavit of inability to appear and request for issuance of a marriage license. Your man can fill his part out and sign it. I filled out my name, date of birth and I signed it where it says "signature of bride." Check confidential or public. I thought I read that it is automatically confidential. I am not too sure though.

Attachment D (page 8) inmate attendance at marriage ceremony request form is just to list his inmate guest list. You can only have 2 of his buddies there. Your man should have written his name, cdc# and facility-A, B, C or D yard. If he didn't, you can easily do this part or leave it blank for him to think about and fill in before he turns it in to his counselor.

Pretty self-explanatory for attachment E (page 9), the marriage approval form. Your man can just fill in his name and cdc#. You are allowed outside guests, but they have to be approved to visit your man. You list them here. Leave everything else blank.

Attachment F (page 10), marriage license fees form. Your man should fill out the top part just in case, just his name, cdc# and housing.

Leave attachment G alone. (page 11) application for a certified copy of confidential marriage license.

Attachment H (page 12), general chrono form, he can fill out his name, housing and cdc# along with yours.

Leave attachment I, certificate of jurat form alone.

Hope that helped. It does look overwhelming, but it's really not. Just confusing. Leave the packet intact so you don't lose anything. Just take the staple out before you mail it in a manila envelope. Good luck to you!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Donation Award 

Well, I sent in my second marriage packet last Monday. Let's see what happens now.

I can't believe how long we have been waiting.

HE>I
Old 11-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,280 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylonglostlove View Post
Well, I sent in my second marriage packet last Monday. Let's see what happens now.

I can't believe how long we have been waiting.

Fingers crossed and positive vibes for you and your LO, that the second time is a charm .....God knows the long wait you two have had.

PS....keep us posted between the acceptance of your packet, the approval and the date .
Mylonglostlove (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 03:12 PM
My Life, His Wife!!!

Default attachment A

On the marriage packet does anyone no if I am sapposed to send attachment A directly to his Cc1 or to him? Also on the part it asks bout the inability to appear what I would put????? THANK YOU..
Old 11-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by un4gettable View Post
On the marriage packet does anyone no if I am sapposed to send attachment A directly to his Cc1 or to him? Also on the part it asks bout the inability to appear what I would put????? THANK YOU..

I would contact the marriage coordinator, and get assistance from him/her. If your packet doesn't have the number to the coordinator than call PV, and ask to be connected ....

Good luck and congratulations !
Old 12-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraboverubies View Post
The first 3 pages (front and back) is the outline and "instructions."

Your man should have filled out the next page (4), attachment A, letter of intent form. You sign and date that page.

He should have also filled out attachment B (page 5), affidavit of inability to physically appear. The top portion, is his information as the first person. You are the second person. Fill out the bottom portion, sign and date it. I left the top line blank above my signature because I think my man forgot to sign it. I filled in everything else. No blanks. Write N/A or 0.

The next page, attachment B1 (page 6), certificate of acknowledgement form. This is the page that is notarized. It just says acknowledgement on it. The notary will know to fill it out and stamp it with his/her seal. There is a space for the stamp. It says (seal). You do not touch this page. If you have questions, ask the notary. The person I used charged $15 for same day, met me at Starbucks and was very helpful. She looked over the entire packet for me, as well and helped answer all of my questions.

Attachment C (page 7), confidential license data form. It says: affidavit of inability to appear and request for issuance of a marriage license. Your man can fill his part out and sign it. I filled out my name, date of birth and I signed it where it says "signature of bride." Check confidential or public. I thought I read that it is automatically confidential. I am not too sure though.

Attachment D (page 8) inmate attendance at marriage ceremony request form is just to list his inmate guest list. You can only have 2 of his buddies there. Your man should have written his name, cdc# and facility-A, B, C or D yard. If he didn't, you can easily do this part or leave it blank for him to think about and fill in before he turns it in to his counselor.

Pretty self-explanatory for attachment E (page 9), the marriage approval form. Your man can just fill in his name and cdc#. You are allowed outside guests, but they have to be approved to visit your man. You list them here. Leave everything else blank.

Attachment F (page 10), marriage license fees form. Your man should fill out the top part just in case, just his name, cdc# and housing.

Leave attachment G alone. (page 11) application for a certified copy of confidential marriage license.

Attachment H (page 12), general chrono form, he can fill out his name, housing and cdc# along with yours.

Leave attachment I, certificate of jurat form alone.

Hope that helped. It does look overwhelming, but it's really not. Just confusing. Leave the packet intact so you don't lose anything. Just take the staple out before you mail it in a manila envelope. Good luck to you!

THANK YOU!

This information is very helpful and I know it was time consuming to draft up ....
faraboverubies (12-01-2013)
Old 01-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Account Closed

Default Marriage packet ? . . .

Hey Ladies I need help filling out the marriage packet. On the section for the bride on the section where it asks why you can't appear for him easy enough he's incarcerated but for the bride. What do I put? When technically I can appear but clearly can't without him there with me.

Thought this was gonna be really easy to fill out but I'm confused.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:19 AM
Account Closed

Default Another question . . .

Who is party A and who is party B in this mess of a marriage packet? Thanks for any help and guidance with this.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

I wish I knew. I'm sorry. I hope someone that knows comes along to answer your question, I know how frustrating it can be when no one does .
Old 01-04-2014, 05:09 PM
His official girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamor View Post
Hey Ladies I need help filling out the marriage packet. On the section for the bride on the section where it asks why you can't appear for him easy enough he's incarcerated but for the bride. What do I put? When technically I can appear but clearly can't without him there with me.

Thought this was gonna be really easy to fill out but I'm confused.
What part are you referring to? What page? Are you looking at the AFFIDAVIT OF INABILITY TO PHYSICALLY APPEAR?
Old 01-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
What part are you referring to? What page? Are you looking at the AFFIDAVIT OF INABILITY TO PHYSICALLY APPEAR?
Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. I'm going to try and attach it so you can see what I'm talking about. Thank you girl I really appreciate you taking a look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (165.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-04-2014, 05:50 PM
His official girl.

Your form looks a little different than mine with the wording. Yours may be a revised, updated version.

My man filled his part in and mailed it to me. He checked confidential marriage license, the first box. He listed his name on the first part that says: print full legal name of person unable to appear. Check incarceration and leave the last part blank-person solemnizing marriage. He listed his name as first person. On my form, it says "Groom" and not "person A." So I would list your man's name and his DOB as person A. You would be person B. I am listed as person B, but it says "Bride." Your man has to sign it and date it and you do, too. Leave the rest blank. I saved a copy of my marriage packet, so let me know if you have questions. Congrats!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Your form looks a little different than mine with the wording. Yours may be a revised, updated version.

My man filled his part in and mailed it to me. He checked confidential marriage license, the first box. He listed his name on the first part that says: print full legal name of person unable to appear. Check incarceration and leave the last part blank-person solemnizing marriage. He listed his name as first person. On my form, it says "Groom" and not "person A." So I would list your man's name and his DOB as person A. You would be person B. I am listed as person B, but it says "Bride." Your man has to sign it and date it and you do, too. Leave the rest blank. I saved a copy of my marriage packet, so let me know if you have questions. Congrats!
Thank you soooooo very much I appreciate your help and thank you thank you 😍 I'm so in love with my man and excited. I'll let you know if I need any thing else.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Account Closed

Quote:

Another quick question, my packet has like two of each page, do I need to do one just for me and check why I can't appear? Or just one page for the both of us? Aye I'm sorry 18 pages in this packet is making me dizzy, lol!!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:09 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Question Upcoming Nuptials

Is ANYONE waiting on a date? or

Has anyone gotten married at PV in the last 90 days?
Old 11-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Flakoz Queen

Im on my 2nd marriage package and feeling discouraged. .. Do you know the marriage coordinators bane because Vela hasn't gotten back to me on this.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Flakoz Queen

Packet*
Old 11-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Flakoz Queen

Name*gees sorry 4 the typos
Old 11-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thumbs up

Ext. 7801, they've had two changes. I'm not sure the name of the current one.

I hope it works out aww . What's the issue Chica? Did your love one turn in his packet into his counselor?

People are getting married on B, there was a ceremony on the 25th of October.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Flakoz Queen

What exactly is the ceremony like? So it's in front of everyone? Yes we are waiting for his to be notarized.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Flakoz Queen

Default marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
Ext. 7801, they've had two changes. I'm not sure the name of the current one.

I hope it works out aww . What's the issue Chica? Did your love one turn in his packet into his counselor?

People are getting married on B, there was a ceremony on the 25th of October.
Thank you for the info boo
Old 11-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianswifey143 View Post
What exactly is the ceremony like? So it's in front of everyone? Yes we are waiting for his to be notarized.
You are married in the patio area . Depending the yard and the CO, some will make an announcement and say the patio area is closed right before the ceremony. The porter is to the side ready to take pictures.

Notary, can take up to 65 days. Once he gets it notarized, he hands the packet to his counselor.

Did you get a hold of the marriage coordinator?

Good Luck and your welcome.
brianswifey143 (11-11-2014)
Old 11-11-2014, 08:28 AM
Flakoz Queen

Default marriage package

No boo because I just found out this past visit that he's going to another facility. So I am sad that we gotta start ALL over again:'(. Do you Happen to know anything about California city correctional facility? From what I researched it says the visits are NO contact and that they are only 1 hour :'( . To me I don't get it because he's going down a level to a level2. Aren't they supposed to get more privileges when they do good?
Old 11-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Flakoz Queen

Default marriage package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
You are married in the patio area . Depending the yard and the CO, some will make an announcement and say the patio area is closed right before the ceremony. The porter is to the side ready to take pictures.

Notary, can take up to 65 days. Once he gets it notarized, he hands the packet to his counselor.

Did you get a hold of the marriage coordinator?

Good Luck and your welcome.
I don't even know if they'll allow us to get married at this new facility:'( im so stressed.