Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Rehabilitation Center (CRC) - Norco
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Rehabilitation Center (CRC) - Norco Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the California Rehabilitation Center (CRC) located in Norco, California.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:37 AM

Default CRC Family Visiting Q&A

Hello everyone! I am going to be having my first family visit this weekend. Any tips, advice on the items clothes I can take will be extremely helpful!

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBlovesLC View Post
Hello everyone! I am going to be having my first family visit this weekend. Any tips, advice on the items clothes I can take will be extremely helpful!

Thank you!

Hi! I just sent you a PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:21 PM

Question -- if he was told he isnt qualified for family visits is ther anything we can do to lift this or fight it- he was told its due to a restraining order place on him by the court against a witness on the case he is currently serving time on- he never dated the girl or anything just an automatic order placed by courts i guess - i had nothing to do with the case so im hoping we could fight it to get our family visits he has 2 yrs 7 mths left /:
Old 07-10-2015, 10:27 AM

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that Officer Buhrman is no longer the FV Coordinator. For the time being, Officer Abarca is the Coordinator.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 20,700 Times in 7,380 Posts
Default 2015 CRC Family Visiting Q&A

Questions about Family Visit applications and procedures belong here.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:43 PM

How long do you have to wait for a family visit after you put in a request?
Old 08-13-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgray View Post
How long do you have to wait for a family visit after you put in a request?
You would probably wait about 1 to 2 months before your first FV.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:41 AM
patiently waiting

Hello ladies I will be going to Norco for the first time coming up. I just have a few questions. How's the staff with dress code, how is processing and most importantly how do I schedule a visit. I was told by my husband that I needed an appointment and that I schedule appointment online. Thanks in advance ladies. Any other advice will be great as well.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess11 View Post
Hello ladies I will be going to Norco for the first time coming up. I just have a few questions. How's the staff with dress code, how is processing and most importantly how do I schedule a visit. I was told by my husband that I needed an appointment and that I schedule appointment online. Thanks in advance ladies. Any other advice will be great as well.
Hi and welcome! For you to schedule a visit, yoU have to go to the VPASS website and create an account. Visits are based on the last two digits of your husbands CDC number.

Dress code is pretty much the same, no blue, green or orange, no see through or sheer clothing, tight pants are sometimes okay but it depends on who is processing that day. For the most part, the staff are pretty lenient, but again it all depends on who is there that day. If you have any more questions, please ask away.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:47 PM
patiently waiting

Thanks Mrs. Lopez. What about taking pictures and buying food how does that work. This would be my first contact visit. Its been A long time. I got my Vpass I'm just waiting for the week to come up. How's the visiting for children do I need to include them on the reservation. And is it okay if i bring my son some toy hot wheels or a book? Is visiting all day, if I start at 8am is it til 2pm . Thanks for your help
Old 09-03-2015, 10:10 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to CRC. My husband put in for our ffamily visit 3 weeks ago. I talked to the family visiting coordinator yesterday he said it can take from 6 to 8 weeks just to get a date. He also said they are scheduling for November. My questions are, do it really take that long. How is the family visiting and I heard they have a game system and DVD player. Can we bring games, movies and CD's? Thanks to whomever answer my questions.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess11 View Post
Thanks Mrs. Lopez. What about taking pictures and buying food how does that work. This would be my first contact visit. Its been A long time. I got my Vpass I'm just waiting for the week to come up. How's the visiting for children do I need to include them on the reservation. And is it okay if i bring my son some toy hot wheels or a book? Is visiting all day, if I start at 8am is it til 2pm . Thanks for your help
You're very welcome! Picture ducats are sold inside the visiting area near the podium They are two dollars. They have vending machines in the visiting area as well, it's a bit pricey but they do have a wide variety of items to choose from. Yes, you have to include the children as well. They have coloring books and crayons there for him to color, I'm not sure about taking in toys, just take it, the worst that can happen is that they will have you take it back to your car, they have children's games inside as well, and yes visiting is all day. Have a great visit and anything else I can answer for you, please let me know!
Old 09-06-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayswife View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to CRC. My husband put in for our ffamily visit 3 weeks ago. I talked to the family visiting coordinator yesterday he said it can take from 6 to 8 weeks just to get a date. He also said they are scheduling for November. My questions are, do it really take that long. How is the family visiting and I heard they have a game system and DVD player. Can we bring games, movies and CD's? Thanks to whomever answer my questions.
Welcome! FVs are scheduled every 45 days or longer, depending on when they have availability. Yes indeed it could take that long unfortunately because they only have visits on Thurs thru Sat and Sat thru Monday. No more weekdays like they used to have.

The units do have CD players and Xbox games as well, they also have a huge selection of movies. I'm not sure now with this new FV coordinator how he's handling people taking in CDs, check with him first before your visit. I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please ask away.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredsbaby View Post
Welcome! FVs are scheduled every 45 days or longer, depending on when they have availability. Yes indeed it could take that long unfortunately because they only have visits on Thurs thru Sat and Sat thru Monday. No more weekdays like they used to have.

The units do have CD players and Xbox games as well, they also have a huge selection of movies. I'm not sure now with this new FV coordinator how he's handling people taking in CDs, check with him first before your visit. I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please ask away.
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I'm upset now. So they switched FV Coordinators. My Husband turned in the paperwork and the new guy told him he never received it. He also said visiting is booked all the way until Feb 2016. Ughhhh I dont get it. But I will just have my Husband send in a new form. Can I ask you a question? How do you do on the food list. I dont wanna over spend. Is the chicken really awhole chicken. Thanks again for getting back to me.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:25 PM

I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time, I know, Abarca left and now Carter took over, I hope he's cool,we haven't interacted with this new guy yet, hopefully you'll get you FV real soon. What we do for the food we order, we always get enough for the 2 days, what may be left over, I bring home. We usually get the chicken and yes it is a whole chicken. We also get Carne Asada and of course we get eggs, some veggies, snacks and drinks. What we do is look at the meals for example, what we'll eat for breakfast, then lunch and so on. It is a bit expensive but then again everything is. I hope this helps you, any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time, I know, Abarca left and now Carter took over, I hope he's cool,we haven't interacted with this new guy yet, hopefully you'll get you FV real soon. What we do for the food we order, we always get enough for the 2 days, what may be left over, I bring home. We usually get the chicken and yes it is a whole chicken. We also get Carne Asada and of course we get eggs, some veggies, snacks and drinks. What we do is look at the meals for example, what we'll eat for breakfast, then lunch and so on. It is a bit expensive but then again everything is. I hope this helps you, any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.
So aapparently he has my paperwork. I just dont know how true that is. I keep calling and leaving messages but he never gets back to me. I know he's getting the messages due to his mailbox is full then it's not. I'm not trying to be a bug. But my husband keep asking me to call. I told him to just wait it out. He calls everyday checking to see if I called. I'm just gonna give up. Hey it will happen one day. Last I talked to Mr. Carter he said visits was being booked for November. So I'm sure they are really booked up now. Thank you for the information and getting back to me. I will just wait it out because thats all I can do. My husband just need to relax and wait to. I know it sucks because I live in AZ and we only see each other on FV.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
So aapparently he has my paperwork. I just dont know how true that is. I keep calling and leaving messages but he never gets back to me. I know he's getting the messages due to his mailbox is full then it's not. I'm not trying to be a bug. But my husband keep asking me to call. I told him to just wait it out. He calls everyday checking to see if I called. I'm just gonna give up. Hey it will happen one day. Last I talked to Mr. Carter he said visits was being booked for November. So I'm sure they are really booked up now. Thank you for the information and getting back to me. I will just wait it out because thats all I can do. My husband just need to relax and wait to. I know it sucks because I live in AZ and we only see each other on FV.
Try calling like around 7am that's the time tHat I would call and catch the COs, also their days off are Tuesday and Wednesday, I hope this helps and hang in there, I'm sure you'll catch him around that time but if by chance you don't try around 10am as well.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Try calling like around 7am that's the time tHat I would call and catch the COs, also their days off are Tuesday and Wednesday, I hope this helps and hang in there, I'm sure you'll catch him around that time but if by chance you don't try around 10am as well.
Thank you. So now he never received our food order. Lol I'm just so lost. Oh well. My husband will complete a new one. Thank you for your help.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:21 AM

Hello everybody. I'm new to this. I'll be sending in the paperwork for family visiting. Does anyone know if it can be a regular money or one from the post office. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&j4ever View Post
Hello everybody. I'm new to this. I'll be sending in the paperwork for family visiting. Does anyone know if it can be a regular money or one from the post office. Thanks.
The money order you submit must be from the Post Office. They won't take regular ones. Hope this helps.
m&j4ever (11-11-2015)
Old 10-09-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Thank you. So now he never received our food order. Lol I'm just so lost. Oh well. My husband will complete a new one. Thank you for your help.
You're welcome anytime!
Old 11-03-2015, 04:15 PM

Hello! I will be going to my first family visit next week. Anything I need to know as far as where do I go and the do's and don't's on what to bring. Thanks
Old 11-11-2015, 07:23 PM

I don't know. is anybody having the same problem as me with family visiting. carter keeps sending my husband the paperwork to fill out again when we already filled it out. Fraustrating.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Questions about Family Visit applications and procedures belong here.
My husband just arrived at CRC, and I hace a fetw questions about the family visits.

What type of clothes can you take to your family visit?

Is lingerie ok?

Is there a limit on how much cosmetics you can bring (i.e lotion, makeup)?

My husband just turned in the initial paperwork for the visit. Does it take a long time to get approved for your first visit?
Old 12-01-2015, 04:19 PM

hello! My husband was just transferred here, and I've been reading info from previous posts, but I have yet to see anything about bringing kids to family visits? I have a 6 month old and I'm wondering about his formula - if I would have to bring it in another container, or if the original package would be alright, just un-opened? I've called the visiting coordinator, but so far I haven't heard back. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!!